"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

The Human Abstract Digital Veil Title Track

Posted in: Forum Home >> Core >> The Human Abstract Digital Veil Title Track

Displaying posts 51 - 75 of 111 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Displaying posts 51 - 75 of 111 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Apr 21, 2011 8:35 PM ET #51 (permalink)

i know right?! all this 'tech talk' lmao brain drill's sick dude. i prefer the new album lol but i love the singer's highs on the 1st album. i'm absolutely loving the stupidly crazy wankering of the 2nd record lol then again, i have kinda gotten into mathcore. loving DEP more and more. probably gonna go see them with deftones in may in boca. doubt u'd go, but if ur down, u know i'm down like a mutha fuckin'... uh, mime. fuck the c-word that rhymes with "frowns".

Apr 22, 2011 1:49 AM ET #52 (permalink)

The only bad thing about Brain Drill is they doodle around their instruments to much. I happen to like melody and chorus's and shit. It's only really been like that on the last 2 cd's tho.
I respect and love how they play but its a little show off like for my liking.

I will have to post some videos of my band. We have been working on a lot of techdeath stuff lately. I love it :)

(This post was last edited on April 22, 2011 at 1:51 AM ET.)

Apr 22, 2011 8:43 AM ET #53 (permalink)

ive been meaning to see DEP for years, but they keep touring with bands that either I hate, or most of my friends do, so I get no ride there. The las ttime they were on Warped tour, the line-up sucked so bad that I read an interview where one of the members of dillinger was actually complaining about it. :P The funny thing is, all of my friends who are Deftones fans, arent metalheads at all lol. So if I can convince one of my groups of friends to go(the metalheads or non), I'm absolutely down for this. Although not a fan, I have no problem with Deftones at all. Ive been meaning to check out their new album anyway so heres an excuse lol

Now Playing: Obscura- Aevum

Apr 22, 2011 10:02 AM ET #54 (permalink)

^^^ my fav song from their new album.

yeah man i don't rlly understand the reason/motive for those 2 completely different bands to tour together but sure, why not! lol lemme know bro. since ft laudy IS otw to boca for me, idm scooping u up at all bro. we're all MU amigos here.

tk: badass! post 'em bitches up!! i get what u mean about the kinda showy-offness, but i rather like it alot since, like i just mentioned, i've gotten into mathcore. but, ask FAN, nothing's quite nonsensical like fucking psyopus!

Apr 22, 2011 6:47 PM ET #55 (permalink)

ZMA

Yea Origin slammed me down on a cold metal table and had it's way with me in the best possible way. Thanks FAN.
The vocalist for that band is an animal. His higher screams almost sound like Peter TÃĪgtgren from Hypocrisy at certain times. Crazy shit. The whole band is great. Paul Ryan rips up that guitar though.

Apr 22, 2011 7:03 PM ET #56 (permalink)

^I'm gonna ruin your day then ZMA...they just got a new vocalist lol. not a bad one though, it's the guy from Skinless, but still.

Apr 22, 2011 8:39 PM ET #57 (permalink)

ZMA

Awwwww for real? =[

Damn that sucks I really liked his vocals. I wanna be in a band with vocals like that one day......I can dream.......
That's pretty badass that the Skinless frontman will be doin' vocals for them though. From what I've listened to Skinless is an awesome band with sick vocals and his stuff will work well with Origin's music.

Apr 25, 2011 1:23 PM ET #58 (permalink)

R10

Gentleman;after reading so many glowing reviews on The Human Abstract I finally broke down and bought it. Generally impressed after 1 listen;but if someone played this for me randomly I'd guess it was Between The Buried and Me. Three guitarist huh? Still some pretty good shit though! Lead player is a beast! Probably not stuff ill break out at my backyard beer drinking barbecues;but sounds pretty damn good on the headphones! Think I might check em out here in the Hamp. They're playing a tiny ass club called Rockos! Anyone see em live yet?

Apr 25, 2011 9:10 PM ET #59 (permalink)

^actually, their third guitarist left the band before they fully recorded the album. There are still parts of certain songs that have three guitar parts, but that was for compositional reasons. I dont know what they'll do live...either hire a guitarist for live performances or just say fuck it and do without.

Apr 25, 2011 9:19 PM ET #60 (permalink)

that i know of, not too many parts with actually written part 3 guitarists nor have i heard about them performing with a 3 guitarist either. i have them on fb. they troll rather a bit lol but i can't wait to go see them live next month.

Apr 26, 2011 1:30 AM ET #61 (permalink)

ZMA

Haven't seen 'em yet R10 but I plan on it. This is one of my favorite new releases this year. I've been listening to it a lot.

I think they're going out with only 2 guitarists. The live video for Faust looks like it had only 2. I don't exactly remember though.

Apr 26, 2011 9:24 AM ET #62 (permalink)

R10

Yea Z Man its a pretty impressive release. Playing is top notch! Its gonna go in my car for repeated listens. Speaking of new releases the new Obscura albums a face melter also. And if you like Grindcore the new Phobia records awesome. Sounds like old Napalm Death to me.

Apr 26, 2011 12:27 PM ET #63 (permalink)

the new obscura is rlly good dude. aevum is my fav song on the record. pretty funny that r10 just basically created a nickname (Z man) for zma lmao

Apr 26, 2011 12:45 PM ET #64 (permalink)

R10

Gotta give Hellrat credit for the Z Mans nickname dude. HRs got all the nicknames it seems. Yes I just bought Obscuras the other day and it blisters! Will definatley got extended plays as will THA.

Apr 26, 2011 9:37 PM ET #65 (permalink)

I dont know what it is, but it's takin me a while to really warm up to the new obscura. I already decided I liked it, and even picked out specific songs I like alot "Euclidean Elements" and "Velocity" mostly. I just cant quite get into it the way Ive been getting into other stuff lately. I dont know, maybe Im just not in the right mood for their specific type of shit. I cant listen to the new Septic Flesh either, even though Ive been looking forward to it for months now.

The new Neuraxis though...thats my fuckin jam right now lol. Decided to pick em up after LdB name-checked em and totally not regretting it. Saviour and Destroyer is the shit.

Apr 27, 2011 1:08 AM ET #66 (permalink)

R10

Haven't heard the new Neuraxis yet. These Montrealers are def bad ass! Another similar Montreal band is Ion Dissonance. Looking forward to new work by them. Montreals got a badass Death@ Tech Death scene.

Apr 27, 2011 3:53 PM ET #67 (permalink)

ZMA

If I ever have to come back with a new name it'll have to be Z-Man heh heh.

I can't really get into it either FAN. Great album but it just throws me off.
I really liked Neuraxis' last album but I'm not vibin' with this one. I've only listened to like 2 songs though so I'll have to give it a full listen.

Canada cranks out great metal in general though.

Apr 27, 2011 4:08 PM ET #68 (permalink)

R10

Speaking of Montreal metal Z Man ; I saw Kataklysm put on a blistering performance at Ozzfest in Hartford last summer. Even stood in a line and had em sighn my CD. Good guys. Maurizio bellows like a 800 pound silver back gorilla. And I love the crushing breakdowns! Thought they owned 2nd stage. Another Montreal band to check out is Augury. Saw em open for Death Angel and Soilwork last summer. Good band and good dudes also.

Apr 28, 2011 9:21 AM ET #69 (permalink)

^I saw Augury open up for Obscura and Black Dahlia Murder a while back. Blew my fooking mind. Made Obscura look like they were playing nickelback covers. I heard sounds coming out of augury I had not thought possible. Me and my guitarist didnt even mosh to them, we just stood their with constantly raised eyebrows and occasionally dropped jaws.

I found out after that show that Maurizio from Kataklysm actually found them and got them signed. Further increases my respect for that man. Especially having spoken to him after goint to Kataklysm and Kreators tour. Dude was friendly as hell. Even gave us the heads up about the Ex Deo and Nile tour months before it was announced.

Z MAN: yeah, I heard the whole Neuraxis thing online when they posted it streaming, and I didnt really care for it. But I gave in and downloaded it, and after a couple more listens, I'm really diggin this shit. Samw thing happened to me with Goatwhore and Skeletonwitch. Dont care for it on first listen, but now I cant bring myself to delete anything of theirs off my ipod, cuz i love it that much lol

Apr 28, 2011 12:56 PM ET #70 (permalink)

totally got u FAN about the obscura album. i like it. now. took me a few more listens to actually enjoy it. but i understand what u mean about not getting into it.

gotta re-check out neuraxis and augury. their fans are spuring their outrage all over summer slaughter's fb pg since within the ruins won the opening slot. i like wtr, but i wouldda preferred rings of saturn or the contortionist. wtr, to me, belongs at warped tour or at least gayhem. but hopefully they actually go thru with that slaughter survivor tour thing. great idea.

Apr 28, 2011 1:35 PM ET #71 (permalink)

R10

NH it sucks that Augury didn't get that slot on Slaughter tour. But Augurys music isn't the easiest stuff to even define. Would have been a great break for em seeing they fly under the radar. Think how they felt being the oddball band opening for Swashbuckle;Death Angel@ Soilwork last summer. Like FAN said best a lot of raised eyebrows;and mouths agape;wondering what they're seeing and hearing. And FAN I believe Kataklysm are neighbors with one of the Augury guys up in a Montreal suburb. Pretty tight death metal scene up there. And BTW the singer of Augury couldn't believe I like Cryptopsy still with their new singer. Looking forward to new stuff from Cryptopsy ;Montreal death metal legends.

Apr 28, 2011 3:46 PM ET #72 (permalink)

ZMA

Dude I was at that same concert R10. They were hands down best band on second stage. After that Kingdom of Sorrow fucked up the sound system cause they were so loud and it ruined Drowning Pool and Black Label Society for me. Saviours were much better then I thought and a great opener and Skeletonwitch was even better with of course the highlight being Kataklysm like I said.
I think second stage was better then main with the exception of Devildriver and Halford. I'm not counting Ozzy cause it's his concert. He was good though.

FAN. I actually went through that with Skeletonwitch and Goatwhore as well. Now I love the shit outta both those bands haha. I'm gonna listen to Neuraxis again and see if the same thing happens. And I'm definitely gonna check out Augury since you guys are likin' 'em so much.

Ok.......So I just took a minute outta this post and listen to Augury and their ridiculous. I can see why you watched them open jawed. I don't really like the vocals though. They layer the higher and lower screams weird. But they band is off the hook. Definitely gonna download their newest album.

Apr 28, 2011 4:36 PM ET #73 (permalink)

R10

Damn Z drove up from LI to the Hartford eh?I thought Ozzfest was well worth the 20 bucks I spent on lawn tic. My only complaint was that Goatwhore didn't show;Motley Crue was horrible;so bad that I went and got a Halford Metal God shirt and a slice of pizza during their set. I thought Saviours were pretty damned good considering that was the first I'd heard of em. Was disappointed that Kirk Windstein didn't perform with KOS;but dude from Type O filled in Admirably. And yes Kataklysm truly tore Hartford a new asshole. And good to see you like Augury;even though vocals might not be the greatest. No worse than Lord Worms of Cryptopsy though;None So Vile is a standard bearing classic!

Apr 28, 2011 7:48 PM ET #74 (permalink)

ZMA

Yea man I didn't sleep the whole night before and I was wired that day and then had to drive all the way back. I'm surprised I didn't kill myself and my friends haha. I wish I had a lawn ticket. The seat I had was horrible, everything sounded really bassy. At times I just stood in the middle for the best sound.
I listened to Kickstart My Heart and Girls Girls Girls and then left their set cause I had to piss like a mother lol. They get so boring after a while. I was disappointed that Goatwhore didn't play also but Skeletonwitch and Katakysm absolutely made up for that.
KoS would've been great had their sound not ruined it. The Type-O guitarist torn it up though. I saw KoS once before with Gwar, and they were much much better the first time.
And Saviours were a great opener. They got better each song they played.

Apr 28, 2011 11:09 PM ET #75 (permalink)

The layered vocals in augury are actually one of the extra goodies for me actually haha Listen to the song "Brimstone Landscape" to understand it really. Listen to it all the way through to the end. A certain vocal piece at the last minute or so of the song will, umm... confuse the shit out of you lol But yeah, vocal contrast is really my gig actually. when I found Augury, I was listening to alot of Strapping Young Lad, Opeth, Black Dahlia Murder, and The Agonist's second album, so the vocal switcheroos were right in my alley.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Core forum