"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

The Human Abstract Digital Veil Title Track

Posted in: Forum Home >> Core >> The Human Abstract Digital Veil Title Track

Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 111 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 111 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Apr 15, 2011 8:02 PM ET #26 (permalink)

I actually love the speed Allegaeon's drummer plays at. Like everybodys said, theyve added groove to tech-death, so the drummer just blasting the whole time wouldnt work. His drumming is actually severely interesting if you really listen to it. One of the few drummers that I can listen to JUST the drums and enjoy the song just as much, sometimes more.

Trend: Ya meng, I herd of Spawn of Possesion the same time I found Deeds of Flesh, in that quest for Fleshgod Apocaplse and Brain Drill type bands I was in at the time. Good shit. Also found a band called Severed Saviour that wasnt bad; They sounded like if Necrophagist had a baby with Suffocation, so a pretty decent mix of tech and br00tal that seemed to have a lot of potential. Def gonna have to check out Dismal Lapse tho. Sounds dope meng.

Apr 16, 2011 1:25 AM ET #27 (permalink)

i've been enjoying this week by listening to obscura and allegaeon. also, the faceless, all shall perish, and a band i recently discovered, rings of saturn (warning: technical deathCORE, but good tho) .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBzzGHRmvlw

rlly liking them ^^^ my only nit pick with them is something's weird with their production or something cuz the bass (either the bass guitar or bass drum) sounds extremely loud so there's a constant booming sound just blasting outwards from headphones and speakers alike. pretty annoying, but the music make up for it imo.

tk: i tried out dismal lapse, kinda like a mix of the faceless with obscura. nice.

Apr 16, 2011 1:58 AM ET #28 (permalink)

When it comes to Tech Death, the drums is usually what makes or breaks it for me.

Apr 16, 2011 5:48 PM ET #29 (permalink)

tk: this florida band might be for u man lol

Abiotic:
http://www.myspace.com/abioticfl

Apr 17, 2011 6:21 PM ET #30 (permalink)

Dude! That's pretty cooll!

New Gorod is pretty sick and Born of Osiris is awesome too.
A bit too Core for my liking but they are good musicians.

FAN - Let me know what you think of Dismal Lapse. I love em man. There is a song with the actual audio clip from when they drop the bomb for hiromshima.
So brutal!

Apr 18, 2011 2:14 AM ET #31 (permalink)

ZMA

Ya know it really sucks that Chimaira might not survive loosing a lot of their members. I really liked them.

FAN I definitely agree with you about the drummer. He's really good. And that Necrophagist/Suffocation band sounds pretty interesting. I'll have to check 'em out.

n0thing that band Rings Of Saturn is fvcking crazy. I listened to it on shitty laptop speakers so I'll have to listen to it with better speakers to understand the booming thing. About 2 minutes and 30 seconds in they almost start sounding like Dethklok it was interesting. Listen to that sound and listen around that time to see what I mean. It's interesting if you like Dethklok I guess lol.

Trend that what's the name of that track with the audio clip? That'd be interesting to listen to followed but crazy metal after it haha.

Apr 18, 2011 4:11 AM ET #32 (permalink)

ZMA - It's called U-235. It was the name of the plane I think. It's a separate song then goes into the next track.

Apr 18, 2011 3:27 PM ET #33 (permalink)

ZMA

Ah ok, well that's still gonna be pretty badass to listen to.

Apr 18, 2011 6:22 PM ET #34 (permalink)

Oh dude!! So much anticipation for the new Faceless.
Can't wait!

Apr 18, 2011 6:36 PM ET #35 (permalink)

New faceless? when I first heard about new faceless I was all like *fap fap fap.

Then I heard they got that new bass player who can play two basses at the same time, and I was like *fap fap fap

Just being reminded just now that they have a new album coming out? *Still fapping*

Apr 18, 2011 6:42 PM ET #36 (permalink)

As far as I know man. I think they said May/June. I could be wrong.

I spoke with Michael Keene when he filled in on bass for Abigail Williams. He said thats when it should be due out.
He also did say, they would tour Aus in Novemeber last year but that never happened lol

Fingers crossed it comes out soon man. The last Faceless cd makes me want to jerk off on a rollercoaster.

Apr 18, 2011 7:52 PM ET #37 (permalink)

That bassist is fucking insane, I love him. He makes me give up on bass.

Apr 18, 2011 9:41 PM ET #38 (permalink)

ZMA

That dude slaps that bass like some sorta funky priest. O_o

I'm definitely gonna get their new album. If it was acceptable to fap alongside someone else without them goin' "Why the hell are you jerking off next to me" It'd be fapping alongside you FAN.
But in all seriousness I'm lookin' forward to it lol.

Apr 18, 2011 9:50 PM ET #39 (permalink)

ZMA

Lookin' forward to the album I mean not that fapping heh heh.

Apr 19, 2011 9:04 AM ET #40 (permalink)

^^^ LMFAO!!!

i can't wait to hear some new shit from the faceless featuring that new bassist. like i said on that article, i bet that guy call flick a girl's clit like a fuckin jedi!!

zma: i actually do get what ya mean lol not that into dethklok but i've heard them of course!! rings of saturn is some pretty insane ass shit. love it. also, can't wait for another danza album. ssssoooo bummed that i'll be missing them THIS very thursday =( ALONG SIDE within the ruins too man =( x2 fucking finals next week -.-

TK: that sounds amazing!! i just gotta check that shit out! that song's literally a... bombtrack.

Apr 19, 2011 6:37 PM ET #41 (permalink)

It's brutal man!

If you guys like more core music then Born of Osiris is awesome.
I really dig the new album 'The Discovery'. Also, Veil of Maya are pretty cool. They have a lot of polyrythmic stuff like Meshuggah, The Faceless and Gojira.

Apr 19, 2011 8:51 PM ET #42 (permalink)

love VoM dude. their [id] album is sofa king awesome. BoO is alright. i can listen to them. the discovery is their best work, but i just still can't seem to get that into them. idk y.

Apr 20, 2011 11:52 PM ET #43 (permalink)

There is not a better technical band then The Faceless in my honest opinion.

Fucking love everything about them and the lyrics just make you think.
I love alien shit so its awesome!

Apr 21, 2011 8:58 AM ET #44 (permalink)

alien metal!! \m/

i like the faceless man, but i think the best band to describe as if being music for alien robots or something would have to be meshuggah. i believe u have to have quite the open mind to listen/enjoy them.

Apr 21, 2011 2:52 PM ET #45 (permalink)

ZMA

Heh heh, I lawl everytime I read that jedi thing.
But yea n0thing, RoS are awesome, I'd love to get their cd.
I'm hoping the next Danza album is even better then their last, and that the vocals are turned up a little bit haha. That blows that you're missing them dude, but hopefully they''ll be back.

I've never listened to Veil of Maya. I should check 'em out. I'm in the same boat about BoO. They're a great band and when their music is on I enjoy, but I can't get into it enough to really wanna get the cd.

I'm really into sci-fi stuff, so when bands do songs or whole albums about stuff like that I'm usually on board. I've got interesting song concepts about people going out into the far reaches of space and then going insane and killing each other, kinda like Reavers from Firefly only a little different.

Apr 21, 2011 4:20 PM ET #46 (permalink)

Love me some Faceless, but sometimes the catchiness of the songs turns me off. I like when tech death is about displays of instrumental technique, not hooks. Neuraxis is probably my favorite right now.

Apr 21, 2011 4:40 PM ET #47 (permalink)

ZMA

I agree with you LDB but at the same time I think you can still show that stuff and make the music catchy at the same time. I like that kinda stuff. When a band comes outta this crazy tech section and then lays deep and hits a groove that just has you hitting the walls. It could work the other way around also. It comes outta an awesome groove and then slams you with some crazy tech.
It's kinda like taking thrash metal grooves and mixing it in with tech death. I like that kinda combination.

I guess an easier way to describe it would be like taking Lamb Of God or Killswitch Engage, and mixing it with The Faceless, or Rings Of Saturn.
I know Killswitch Engage isn't really considered groove but a lot of there songs really flow that way. Like The Forgotten off their new album.
I like weird mixes like that. But that's just me.

Apr 21, 2011 6:23 PM ET #48 (permalink)

zma: then u'll love the contortionist. dude, some pretty weird mixes right there. the best way to tell u how they sound is exactly what u just describing with that weird combo. but instead of LOG, it's maybe more like kse + a more deathcore version of after the burial (love them). also allegaeon, whom FAN and/or TK have mentioned, are kinda like that too. like TK said, their tech but mix in a sort of groove vibe that kinda makes them a little catchy especially during the chorus in their songs.

ldb: so kinda like brain drill basically, right? i just recently got into them too. rlly liking them.

Apr 21, 2011 7:09 PM ET #49 (permalink)

ZMA

Ahhh dude I love The Contortionist. I love how they mix in jazz elements to their music. Groovtech. That's an easier way to put it haha. Yea Allegaeon are a great example of groovtech. I love them.

I just like music that grooves ya know?. Any type of music. When a song can get you rockin' your head and tappin' your foot that's groove for me.

Apr 21, 2011 7:51 PM ET #50 (permalink)

I like how this thread turned into the "Really silly tech and just stupidly crazy music thread" lol

Nothinhead: YOU LIKE FUCKING BRAIN DRILL?!?!!?!? Dude if I had known you would be into their shit I would have suggested them ages ago. their first album is one of my top ten albums of all time. Sick-ass shit right thur. The second album kinda sucks though, mostly because the enitre band except for the guitarist were replaced with less talented and slower people, so the guitarist plays even more sweeps and tech shit to make the band sound faster, ala dragonforce tricks. whatever.

LDB and ZMA, if you guys dont listen to Origin yet, do it now. Their lyrics read like Cannibal Corpse in space, and thir just pure brutal tech-death, so theres somethin for both of ya. I didnt find a band that played faster and more rediculously than they did until I heard Brain Drill honestly. Their last cd "Antithesis" is a fuckin rollercoaster ride of br00talz and fastness. the song "wrath of Vishnu" is a mindrape right from the get-go. Theyve got a new album called Entity coming out this year that sounds even better from the couple clips Ive heard.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Core forum