"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Why didn't Tipper Gore jump on THIS?

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> Why didn't Tipper Gore jump on THIS?

Displaying 10 posts
Displaying 10 posts
Aug 18, 2009 10:05 AM ET #1 (permalink)

Okay so those of us on MU who are old enough to remember Oingo Boingo, specifically the song, "Little Girls" (Not including myself, since I'm only 20). My sister (who I also got into metal) was listening to said song and looking at the music video, seen here:

youtube[dot]com/watch?v=jItz-uNjoZA

This was released in 1981, if I'm not mistaken. The PMRC wasn't established until 1985. My question is, WHY DID TIPPER GORE GET PISSED ABOUT BANDS LIKE MOTLEY CRUE (Not that I like Motley Crue) WHEN THIS SONG CAN OBVIOUSLY BE INTERPRETED AS A PEDOPHILE'S ANTHEM?

Now, I'm not pointing any fingers here. I've heard it was about how the singer likes midgets or something. But still, at least in Metal, our sex songs are obviously about women who are of legal age.

Aug 18, 2009 10:43 AM ET #2 (permalink)

lol that's the funniest thing I've seen since youtube.com/watch?v=E5CO2_KCLrA
..."I gave Osama a 69!" hahahahah you gotta see it man, you'll get it when you do, fuckin ace.

Can't say I remember Oingo Boingo, but that song puts Gary Glitter to shame.

Aug 18, 2009 10:59 AM ET #3 (permalink)

Thats hilarious.

Aug 18, 2009 1:29 PM ET #4 (permalink)

I don't think Al was in the Senate at that time. There's your explanation. Tipper did that to bring attention to her and Al's political exlpoits. Keep in mind this about Al Gore. During the Iran Contra hearings, Ollie North spoke of a greater terror that was rising in the Middle East. He spoke of a man who was builing up a militia and terrorizing the smaller villages and cities. He was laughed at by a certain Senator who had a hard time pronouncing the individuals name. The man he spoke of, was Osama Bin Laden. The Senator who laughed him off, was Al Gore.

Aug 18, 2009 6:10 PM ET #5 (permalink)

So (after reading the title of the thread), I just came here to see if Gorecunt was talking about his cock again. lol. Thanks for the schooling AP1! I believe he pronounced it Usaama Bin Laiden if I remember correctly.

(This post was last edited on August 18, 2009 at 6:11 PM ET.)

Aug 18, 2009 7:16 PM ET #6 (permalink)

funny as shit
only in the usa

Aug 19, 2009 1:25 AM ET #7 (permalink)

Damn Blindgreed, is that penis post still fresh in your mind?

Aug 19, 2009 11:39 AM ET #8 (permalink)

I wouldn't exactly use the word fresh, but yeah. I fear your donkey crank will someday rule the world. lol.

Aug 19, 2009 8:59 PM ET #9 (permalink)

Hmmm. Remember "My Sharona" by The Knack? That was another song lauding the joys of underage girls. I wonder how many songs cover this topic?

Aug 19, 2009 9:34 PM ET #10 (permalink)

^Yeah, but that song was actually good lol

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum