"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Who likes bullet for my valentine and who doesnt?

Posted in: Forum Home >> Core >> Who likes bullet for my valentine and who doesnt?

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 30 1 2 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 30 1 2 Last
Mar 13, 2011 8:54 PM ET #1 (permalink)

personally, I love bullet for my valentine. they arent in my top 5 bands, but theyre up there. anyways, I keep hearing about how bfmv is poser metal, which kind of pisses me off since im a fan. But i want to hear what you guys think. Who hates bfmv, then who likes them?

Mar 13, 2011 10:34 PM ET #2 (permalink)

I have something shameful to admit. I don't mind them.

Now, there is a reason for it. They had an interview a while ago, i was bought a magazine for some reason. They said, and I vaguely quote "we're not a straight up metal band, we write songs about relationships, and that's what we're good at. Scream Aim Fire was just not us"

They admit they're not a true metal band themselves, and I can respect them more for that. A lot of the fans are posers though. Sorry if you're one, the amount of x's in your name aint a good start sign :P

Mar 13, 2011 11:14 PM ET #3 (permalink)

I don't like em'

Mar 13, 2011 11:47 PM ET #4 (permalink)

dont mind the x's haha. apart from bullet for my valentine, other bands (bring me teh horizon, devil wears prada, black veil brides, etc etc) are posers. They practically stole from our music, only changed their look and turned the vocals into pussy shit. idk i like them.

Mar 13, 2011 11:53 PM ET #5 (permalink)

by them i mean bfmv. cmon, metal is metal. there's psoer metal, adn then theres real metal. XD sorry im fucking up on my keybaord

Mar 13, 2011 11:59 PM ET #6 (permalink)

.....BFMV, BMTH, BVB - they all sound like cry baby metalcore to me. There's not a single metalcore band that remotely interests me.

Mar 14, 2011 7:29 AM ET #7 (permalink)

Don't lie Cynic, we all know you like to rock out to some KSE when you're alone ;)

Mar 14, 2011 4:19 PM ET #8 (permalink)

Haha, well I rocked out to two of their songs when I was 14, that's about the extent of it.

Mar 14, 2011 4:34 PM ET #9 (permalink)

It's ok, Cynic. I nodded my head a little during a KSE performance back in '07 :P

Mar 14, 2011 5:09 PM ET #10 (permalink)

Yeah I also used to be a fan of KSE haha.
I never liked BFMV though.

Mar 14, 2011 9:14 PM ET #11 (permalink)

I dont like them because of how much attention they get and that almost all emos love them I almost whooped a kid's ass because they said they where better than slayer

Mar 14, 2011 9:31 PM ET #12 (permalink)

whoever says bfmv is better than slayer should die in a pool of black metal albums

Mar 15, 2011 11:07 PM ET #13 (permalink)

Kinda stupid to fight someone just for saying a certain band is better than Slayer, everyone has the right to their own opinion no matter how retarded it may be.

But I would've beat them up too

Mar 16, 2011 7:25 PM ET #14 (permalink)

You ever notice when metalcore bands abreviate their name it looks like some kind of currency?
KSE converted to USD dollars is worth a lot because of it's mainstream audience.
That being said, I don't hate it or I don't love it.
My woman loves this band and I don't hate hearing it but don't really get into it.

Mar 18, 2011 7:28 AM ET #15 (permalink)

strtd out likin them but they got old and strtd sucking

Mar 18, 2011 10:04 AM ET #16 (permalink)

i didn't like them, then i did (the poison). but then i loved them (scream aim fire). for awhile. then it went back to just liking them (fever). but now, i haven't listened to them in quite some time. so i have NO idea what category i fall under anymore, but i am not on the hating them side tho.
i completely understand why metalheads hate them, but it's not the music they hate, tho simplistic compared to other shit we all listen to. but it's matt's vox. he has a metalcore voice (both screams and clean vox). on top of that is his choice of subject matter for topics of lyrics in the songs, which, as irish quoted and pointed out, is mostly "relationships", which, of course, metalheads are like allergic to or something lol must be cuz many of us are antisocial loners w/o gfs, tho i'm (and many other here on MU are) far from that label lmao then again, i don't mind and actually like "relationship" type of songs, but just not a whole album's worth. then that's just sickening.

Jul 4, 2011 10:27 PM ET #17 (permalink)

i have no idea why, but ive gone back to not liking BFMV.

Sep 3, 2011 10:54 AM ET #18 (permalink)

I liked them when I first discovered music that wasn't shitty pop. When I was 12, the fact that they, (and bands like Trivium, etc) screamed made them awesome. But then I grew up, and realized just how generic it all is. \;

Sep 3, 2011 12:59 PM ET #19 (permalink)

Ill start by saying Slayer can suck a dick. Thats fact. Now on to BFMV, I think their good, I dont love them or anything. But they have some good songs. And I agree that they should stick to writing about relationships because their no good when they dont. Are they metal? I think so, because they are harder than just straight up rock.

Sep 3, 2011 5:31 PM ET #20 (permalink)

Slayer doesnt suck. You just dont like them.

The album Reign in Blood changed the soundscape of metal. Any tech-death/grindcore/death metal/"anything violent and fast" type band, can attribute the evolution of their sound primarily to Slayer. And immediately after, they set the groundwork for fast bands to play slow, with South of Heaven and Seasons in the Abyss, both landmark albums in their own right.

So to say they suck, is an outrageous lie, even barring personal taste. Bullet for my Valentine may not be my taste, but I want to say they suck, I at least try and back up my reasoning. THEY STOLE AN ENTIRE SONG. No matter how good they may be, they're hacks, so in my eyes, they suck. Write your own fucking music you morons.

^See? Reasoning.

Oh yeah, and slayer wrote the riff to "Raining Blood", possibly the greatest riff ever made, so argument invalid.

Sep 4, 2011 5:33 PM ET #21 (permalink)

them or not, scream aim fire was bad ass. they clould drop the emo lyrics from the rest and i'd like them better.

Sep 17, 2011 7:02 PM ET #22 (permalink)

Korndog, slayer doesn't suck. That's like saying Dimebag Darrell can't hit notes for shit.

Sep 17, 2011 7:02 PM ET #23 (permalink)

Korndog, slayer doesn't suck. That's like saying Dimebag Darrell can't hit notes for shit.

Sep 17, 2011 7:20 PM ET #24 (permalink)

Korndogg?? Is that YOU?!! Havnt seen that name around here in years haha!

Don't even slightly care for BFMV. The band name alone makes me whince, let alone the actual music. Slayer are obviously unquestionably good, but personal taste is a funny thing, so to each their own.

KsE. I lost complete interest in them after they lost Jesse Leach. Howard's still a decent vocalist, but he doesn't stand out like Jesse did, and as a result the band went from being pioneers to sounding exactly like every other boring metalcore out there. That said, Alive Or Just Breathing to this day gets a 4.5 skull review from me, and heavy rotation. It was the kind of album that had a couple of stand out tracks that were catchy, but none of the rest of the album was filler. It was sheer blistering sickness the whole way through. I don't bother with much metalcore, or much KsE even, but I won't hear a single word against AoJB.

Sep 18, 2011 12:15 PM ET #25 (permalink)

have to say did see them now twice live thye are not bad live

Reply to Discussion or Return to Core forum