"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

metal books

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> metal books

Displaying 11 posts
Displaying 11 posts
Aug 17, 2009 11:54 AM ET #1 (permalink)

any book readers around here
just finished
the book the 100 greatest metal guitarist
and the anvil story

recomend this to you all
any more good books out there

Aug 17, 2009 12:52 PM ET #2 (permalink)

It's not metal, but I read a big ass book on The Rolling Stones that was given as a X-Mas gift. It was actually a pretty good read. I'm just into my political book phase right now.

Aug 17, 2009 6:27 PM ET #3 (permalink)

A few years ago, a friend of mine gave me a copy of "Metal: The Definitive Guide." I just finished reading it a few weeks ago. It's basically an introduction to Metal and it's many sub-genres. It includes full biographies,discographies,hundreds of bands from nearly every sub-genre of metal, and plenty of fun and rare stories about the bands. I enjoyed reading all 500 pages along with viewing a handfull of great band pics included in the book. If you're into biographies then you will love reading this book just as much as I did.

Aug 17, 2009 7:10 PM ET #4 (permalink)

a good metal book to read
the bloody reign of slayer

donttry this at home by dave navarro

Aug 17, 2009 9:09 PM ET #5 (permalink)

I once read the Table of Elements... parts of it were very metal.

When it comes to actual books, though, I tend to read fiction. On my bedside table at the moment I have 'Shantaram' by Gregory David Roberts, 'The Unbearable Lightness of Being' by Milan Kundera and 'The Prophet' by Kahlil Gibran. I also have 1984 and a bunch of fantasy stuff lying around somewhere hahah :)

Aug 17, 2009 9:15 PM ET #6 (permalink)

Hell Bent For Leather by Seb Hunter was a good one.

Aug 19, 2009 6:33 PM ET #7 (permalink)

Slayer Reign In Blood 33 and 1/3 was a good quick read.

Aug 19, 2009 9:19 PM ET #8 (permalink)

We've done a few book reviews here as well. I need to make them a little more findable though. My list is so long... :-)

Aug 19, 2009 9:50 PM ET #9 (permalink)

Read the Alphabet Of Manliness!!!!!!

Aug 20, 2009 7:00 AM ET #10 (permalink)

actually been
writing for the last few years a book about my self
think i am comming to a end soon

the life of a misfit diveinstructor and my years as a metal head

Aug 25, 2009 12:30 AM ET #11 (permalink)

Lords of Chaos, Choosing Death, Death Metal Music....that's all I can think of as of now

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum