"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Danish Metal?

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> Danish Metal?

Displaying 11 posts
Displaying 11 posts
Jul 7, 2009 12:42 PM ET #1 (permalink)

So the past few months I have been listening to quite a bit of The Arcane Order and Crocell, both great bands from Denmark. I would hope that I haven't already found the best metal from that country. If anybody has tasty recommendations, I would love to hear them.

Jul 7, 2009 5:54 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Not really kean on your tastes, but here are a few Danish bands I'm into at the moment:
Artillery (Thrash) - By Inheritance is a must have classic!
Invocator (Thrash) - Excursion Demise is my fave of them
Corrosive Death (Death) - Cool stuff that you'll never find
Panzerchrist (Blackened Death)
Force of Evil (Power) - If you like REALLY high vocals
Zoser Mez (Prog Rock)

Jul 7, 2009 8:15 PM ET #3 (permalink)

That reminds me that I need to get a bands by country list or selection up on the bands area sooner than later...

Jul 7, 2009 8:24 PM ET #4 (permalink)

There's a Danish progressive power metal band called Pyramaze that are supposed to be quite good. Matt Barlow from Iced Earth was their singer for awhile. There's also a melodic death metal band called Mercenary who I saw last year supporting Death Angel who were pretty good.

Jul 8, 2009 10:20 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Yeah mercenary are pretty good, though they get accused of being In Flames rip-offs from time to time.

I dont know if I actually know any danish bands or not. I know and listen to Crocell, but I had no idea of their nationality. the same goes for most bands i listen to.

I have so many bands onmy myspace, that I could probably have a few dozen danish bands and not even know it. The question is, do I really want to go through the 300+ bands I have on there?

Jul 9, 2009 12:36 PM ET #6 (permalink)

So far I've checked out Artillery and Panzerchrist. Panzerchrist is pretty sweet. I'm gonna give them both a few listens to soak in, but my problem with Artillery is the same I have with most thrash bands: the vocals are rather annoying.

Jul 9, 2009 1:58 PM ET #7 (permalink)

Danish bands, eh? What about the almighty Mercyful Fate?!

Jul 9, 2009 8:07 PM ET #8 (permalink)

Oh shit. The band Volbeat, that is touring with Lamb of God, Gojira, and Metallica, is from Danish-land. they sound like what would happen if Johny cash decided to form a punk/metal band. I''m not even kidding.

Jul 10, 2009 2:05 AM ET #9 (permalink)

PoV - Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of Artillery's first vocalist either, but the music smokes. I actually like their new singer quite a bit.

Jul 10, 2009 8:44 AM ET #10 (permalink)

Mercenary ripping off In Flames? Not seeing it at all.

Jul 10, 2009 9:54 PM ET #11 (permalink)

Illdisposed is great!

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum