"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

My Slayer/L.O.G./Anthrax/Behemoth/Testament Experience

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> My Slayer/L.O.G./Anthrax/Behemoth/Testament Experience

Displaying 1 post
Displaying 1 post
Jun 15, 2018 7:08 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Arrived 1 hour before gates opened. Took this journey with E-rock (Eddie Cousins), bassist for Black Ritual. I had 11 heinikens and 23 bud lights (gave them to Eddie) and 1 bottle of champagne (gave to Eddie for the Black Ritual cd release party June 30 at the Queen City Metalfest). I drank water since I dont drink alcohol. We made our way in and it was hot as a furnace! We walked around a bit as Eddie was passing out free tix for the QCMF. Bought a tour shirt with all bands on it with dates of the shows for $40. A bit pricey but oh well. We had hill tix so we made our way up and it was lacking people. People showed up a bit late due to being a Thursday I guess.

1st band up was Testament. Shame they had to be the opening band. They came out and ripped through their set pretty fast. They played like the Thrash titans they are. Kicked everyone in the face and made us beg for more! Too bad their set was a short one because it was sad to see them off so soon. They still brought the thrash and should have been the 2nd band to play, not the 1st!!!
Set list:
Brotherhood of the Snake
Rise Up
The Preacher
Into the Pit
The New Order
Low
3 Days in Darkness

Next up was Behemoth. Not a fan so I didn't pay them much attention. Just not my thing. The crowd was loving them and they got the pits going. They played their set with a fury that made the rabid fanatics go crazy. Not taking anything away from their skills, but I just wasn't impressed. Many many others will disagree and say they kicked ass.
Set list:
Ov Fire and the Void
Demigod
Ora Pro Nobis Lucifer
Wolves ov Siberia
Chant for Eschaton 2000
O Father O Satan O Sun!

Next was the NYC thrash kings Anthrax. Now this is where the pits really got going crazy! The Thrax came out with a vegenance and got the crowd raving mad. The hill went insane and a few bloody faces appeared here and there. They kept the fury flowing throughout their set and we replyed in kind by going BSC (bat shit crazy) on the hill. The heat was kicking our asses but we never once faultered and slowed down the chaos. From the beginning to the last note, Anthrax proved why they are still one of the best thrash bands out there after all these years. Again too bad their set wasn't as long as we all wished it could have been.
Set list:
Caught in a Mosh
Got the Time
Madhouse
I Am the Law
Evil Twin
Antisocial
Indians

Before L.O.G. came on I ran into some guy who had a small bubbler and he smoked me up! Thank You to whoever you are!!! Then it was time for the chaos meter to get clicked up a few notches as L.O.G. hit the stage. By this time the hill was turning into a dust haze from all the pits kicking up the dust. We just kept right on thrashin out. The Richmond VA. kings hit the stage with a fire under their asses and proceeded to destroy Charlotte with their set. Having already seen them I knew exactly what to expect. Pure American Metal, and that is what we got!! L.O.G. never disappoints and we made sure to let them know we were so happy they were there. Each song made the crowd get more crazy! The pits were brutal by that time. Women, kids, black, white, brown, etc., it didn't matter what color or sex you were, the adrenaline had us all flippin trips like wild animals released from a cage! During these pits my arms got turned into jello from the bashin, thrashin, and dashin of the anarchy! My intestines are sore from the fists and feet plowing into me, but worth every aching pain. My neck is sore from the head bangin. Hit the rewind button so I can do it again!!
Set list:
Omerta
Ruin
Walk With Me in Hell
Now You've Got Something to Die For
Engage the Fear Machine
Blacken the Cursed Sun
Laid to Rest
Redneck

Finally, it was time for the Slaytanic Kings to take the stage. The crowd was truly psychotic by this time. We made sure to lose our voices and minds for them. I recieved 2 free upgrades for covered seats right before their set so I made way down into the seat. Eddie stayed on the hill. The seat was right on the back wall overlooking the walkway behind the seats so it was breezy. The intro was so kick ass it was on fire (literally), and those who have already caught the show and who were there will agree! They had a huge curtain hanging as the intro was going. It was showing crosses and pentagrams and then dropped. And the Slaytanic madness began. Slayer proceeded to melt everyone and everything in its path! There was no stopping them at all. Each song only made us get more rowdy and crazy! And we made sure to let them know it. The flames on stage were shooting high and so were our voices. Halfway through their set, I made my way back onto the hill to meet back up with Eddie, as he was my ride out of there. Slayer made sure we all had the time of our lives before they finished their set. From the start to the finish, Slayer proved they are still the kings of thrash!!
Set list:
Repentless
Blood Red
Disciple
Mandatory Suicide
Hate Worldwide
War Ensemble
Jihad
When the Stillness Comes
Postmortem
Black Magic
Payback
Seasons in the Abyss
Dittohead
Dead Skin Mask
Hell Awaits
South of Heaven
Raining Blood
Chemical Warfare
Angel of Death

I would like to take this moment to give a shout out to Eddie. Thanks for the ride there and back. Hope you enjoy all those beers!! Get unsober!! Todd (Toddzilla) Fowler and Sarah (Cowgirl From Hell) Strickland, I am sorry I missed meeting up with you 2, but one day we will finally get together and thrash out!! And as always:
THRASH TILL DEATH........................

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum