"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Photo Gallery

Posted in: Forum Home >> Bugs Reports, Suggestions, and Feedback >> Photo Gallery

Displaying 8 posts
Displaying 8 posts
Feb 27, 2011 7:04 AM ET #1 (permalink)

I've been a little curious about the renovations of the photo gallery. I know you're a very busy man Doug, but can you give us a little update on it's condition? Will we be able to select individual pictures to view within a gallery as opposed to having to go through them one by one (not knowing which photo will follow next)?

I'd appreciate any sort of information. Thanks in advance! :)

Mar 27, 2011 5:49 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Check out the photo gallery now. I've "soft launched" it with some new photos and old galleries alike. There are several things I want to improve upon, but let me know what you think of it for now. Thanks.

Mar 27, 2011 6:58 PM ET #3 (permalink)

I like it. I hadnt thought about having it split up by individual band pics per tour, but now it makes perfect sense to me. If it's not too much though, once the gallery gets larger, it would be handy to have some sort of band search feature within the gallery, y'know, if you wanted to stare at a particular set of sweaty dudes with their shirts off and not random other sweaty, hairy shirtless chaps. Much more convenient.

Mar 27, 2011 7:44 PM ET #4 (permalink)

Check out the Epica tour pics FAN, there's some babes in there. As I said to Zack and Peggy, some great photos of Amorphis and others.

Mar 27, 2011 9:45 PM ET #5 (permalink)

FAN - yeah, I intend to put band photo galleries on the associated band pages too at some point. I don't know about a photo-specific search right away, but you'll be able to see all gallery pics on band pages sooner in any case.

Mar 27, 2011 10:21 PM ET #6 (permalink)

^works for me. It goes a long way towards making it seem like there are actual pages for the bands, rather than just a bio. Adding a link to any of the bands album reviewed on the site on their page would help too I think. I am totally looking forward to whatever youre doing for a full-fledged photo gallery regardless. The old setup was just barely inconvenient enough that I never looked at photos at all, even if it was a band or tour I liked lol.

Now Playing: Keep of Kallesin- Judgement

Apr 5, 2011 5:51 PM ET #7 (permalink)

Ah, much better than before. I really like the accessibility of viewing specific bands.

Apr 24, 2011 10:37 PM ET #8 (permalink)

Much more polish has been added to the photo gallery and even a couple new galleries. Check it out. Still not directly linked to bands, but the gallery itself is pretty much all set now I think. Still open to comments and suggestions.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Bugs Reports, Suggestions, and Feedback forum