"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Confessional Thread

Posted in: Forum Home >> Non-Metal Music Discussion >> Confessional Thread

Displaying posts 201 - 225 of 227 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 Last
Displaying posts 201 - 225 of 227 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 Last
Jan 3, 2012 3:59 PM ET #201 (permalink)

ZMA

Oh here's a good one. Big Sean. That fuckin' Dance (Ass) song.......been stuck in my head. Stop...... now make that mother fucker hammer time like.................please kill me.......

Jan 5, 2012 4:18 PM ET #202 (permalink)

This will probably get me the gaymadd moniker when i used to bash the nu metallers but. I like stuff like old country music, rap music, goth music etc. I would say my biggest guilty pleasure is depeche mode imho they were one of the pioneers of electronic music and techno. Kind of like a couple of songs from Adele too hahaha.

Jan 6, 2012 5:20 AM ET #203 (permalink)

Adele's alright, lot of soul in her music, you know? I dig that. Depeche Mode, maaaaan, been a long time since I heard anyone say those words!

Jan 6, 2012 2:57 PM ET #204 (permalink)

Ive seen references to Adele in at least three different mediums in the past hour. Either the gods are demanding i listen to her, or she's just relatively popular at the moment. A song of her's was host to a Childish Gambino rap that I was shown as an introduction to him, and it was good, soooo....I'll listen to Adele eventually it seems.

Edit: here's the Adele sample www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ_F8Bb7gBA&feature=fvst

Speaking of which, Childish Gambino is borderline between rap I hate and rap I like, and yet I've grown to love his music(and his comedy, as Donald Glover) It's like taking the emotional depth of Nas, Tupac, and the better Eminem moments and placing it alongside the sound of Kanye West, Jay-Z, and a more understandable lil Wanye voice. So I should hate it, but he's so good it doesnt matter.

Bonfire: www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL1B_r9nC9k

Freaks and Geeks: www.youtube.com/watch?v=otPxoVQiIGo

(This post was last edited on January 6, 2012 at 2:59 PM ET.)

Jan 6, 2012 8:07 PM ET #205 (permalink)

Can't go wrong with Depeche Mode. I could never get into Childish Gambino though.

Jan 12, 2012 10:19 AM ET #206 (permalink)

So he's recently back in the news and it reminded me of a very long overdue confession........
I went to a Chesney Hawkes show (which i paid a whole £5 to attend!) and had him sign my stomach *hangs head in shame*
...........in my defense i was doing a lot of recreational drugs at the time............still doesn't quite excuse it, does it?! :(

Jan 12, 2012 10:40 AM ET #207 (permalink)

Some friends of mine saw Chesney Hawkes when he played their university. Why's he in the news again?

Jan 12, 2012 11:10 AM ET #208 (permalink)

He was meant to be on some dumb TV show and hurt himself, didn't read specifics about it - I'm not the Chesney fan I may have appeared lol

I saw him at my uni too. We had the shittiest Fresher's Ball 'celebs' (Will Mellor, Dean Gaffney, Cheeky Girls, Chesney Hawkes) *cringe* maybe now u can see why the hallucinogens were used:
Dean Gaffney + sober = who?
Dean Gaffney + vodka + e = fascinating!

Jan 12, 2012 11:32 AM ET #209 (permalink)

Haha oh dear, Dean Gaffney's a prick. What uni did you go to if you don't mind me asking?

Jan 12, 2012 11:58 AM ET #210 (permalink)

I'm impressed u even know Dean Gaffney, let alone have an opinion!! lol
Southampton Uni - pretty crap nightlife but Southampton is home to Jesters & Clowns, voted 2nd worst club in UK but with shots and pints at 50p - who cares? :)

Jan 12, 2012 12:44 PM ET #211 (permalink)

Lol, I'm not too far from Southampton. I live in the glorious cultural capital that is Swindon, home of trains and Mark Lamarr. And yes, 50p pints do sound like a fair deal for a terrible club.

Also, turns out I was thinking of a different Dean that used to be in Eastenders, but fuck Dean Gaffney for coming from Hammersmith and not supporting Queens Park Rangers.

(This post was last edited on January 12, 2012 at 12:47 PM ET.)

Jan 12, 2012 2:12 PM ET #212 (permalink)

Swindon - classy! lol
I know Abingdon pretty well and my brother lives in Henley (is that even close? evidently it wasn't British geography i studied!)

As for Gaffney - he's getting his comeuppance now as he has been relegated to trawling universities doing PA's while people shout "oi - u weasel-faced wanker - where's Sonia?"

Jan 12, 2012 2:36 PM ET #213 (permalink)

Hahaha! Oh my days, that's priceless! I've only been to Abingdon once to play a gig at a club called The Net which was pretty cool. Seemed like a decent enough place. Can't say I know Henley though.

Jan 13, 2012 9:18 AM ET #214 (permalink)

Ur in a band? What u play?
Am I the only one on this site with the musical proficiency of Helen Keller?
However, my dancing, well, that's another story.............like a fusion of David Elsewhere and the Techno Viking lol

Jan 14, 2012 3:22 AM ET #215 (permalink)

I purchased a Freezepop album last week and I'm really liking it.

Jan 14, 2012 5:29 AM ET #216 (permalink)

I'm not in a band at the moment but I play bass and try my best to sing. Been years since I was on stage though. As far as dancing goes, I can dance like Bez from Happy Mondays but my moves end there.

Jan 16, 2012 6:50 PM ET #217 (permalink)

I've got "Zombie" by Natalia Kills on repeat on my iPod.

Mar 13, 2012 2:27 PM ET #218 (permalink)

garth brooks....

Jun 20, 2012 7:31 AM ET #219 (permalink)

Bringing this thread back because it's good fun. My latest confession? George Michael.

Jun 21, 2012 8:50 PM ET #220 (permalink)

I went back and queued up some old Depeche Mode after hearing Johnny Cash's "Personal Jesus" cover. I have several Depeche albums buried away somewhere, as well as OMD. Those were from my high school days and I liked the Depeche more for the nostalgia than the music I think. My musical taste was all over the place back then. I did some rap and electronic and hair metal until I got zeroed in on thrash metal and then the more extreme stuff from there. As well as the nu-metal that would arise :-)

PS - sadly I even have a George Michael album. Can't say I'd listen to it anymore though.

(This post was last edited on June 21, 2012 at 8:51 PM ET.)

Jun 21, 2012 9:10 PM ET #221 (permalink)

Been listening to Fallout boy alot lately. I realized I had no reason to hate them outside of my natural metalhead "fuck that gay shit" mentality, and the fact that they are for all intents and purposes a girls band. Once I got past that I realized how much I have casually liked a majority of their singles, and downloaded the albums with the most song sI recognized and found myself some fun punk with pop, rock, and blues influence all over the place. Still feel gay though.

Also, constantly listening to LMFAO. Listen to the song Shots with Lil Jon at a party and if you dont crack a smile at how crunk and fun of a song it is, then you dont have a soul.

Jun 21, 2012 10:03 PM ET #222 (permalink)

I suppose my real confession should be that I have a big back log of (mostly black metal) acts that I know I should listen to, but instead I listen to ICS Vortex's solo album for the 73rd time or whatever. Heh - The only non-metal I've been playing lately has been Bach. Also, Ahab's album was a bit of a disappointment. That's a confession because I refuse to admit to it myself and keep listening to it.

Jul 12, 2012 6:45 PM ET #223 (permalink)

Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now by Starship. There, I said it.

Jul 12, 2012 7:15 PM ET #224 (permalink)

Oh boy...I'll throw my pride away...

Sir Mix A Lot..."Baby Got Back"
Dee-Lite..."Grove is in the Heart"
Madonna.."Ray of Light era"
Any kind of old country music (George Straight etc...)...great music to fvck to. (Sorry TMI)
SUE ME, I tried doing it to Rain in Blood once.
GOOD LUCK Hvmping at 280 beats per minute. Not happening.
N.W.A...."Bridget"...hilarious and offensive. :)
Duran Duran...anything.

Non metal songs I hate?
I'll only give my most recent one.
J Lo's...."On the Floor".
ON THE FLOOR.
ON THE FLOOR.
ON THE FLOOR.
UUGH!!!!! SHUT UP!!!!!
I wish Gaga would run up and give her a suplex right off the stage.
On the floor on your big fat a$$ sister, wham!!!

Jul 16, 2012 9:07 AM ET #225 (permalink)

I agree Brian, I only like her early stuff.

Sinead O'Connors version of Nothing Compares 2 U. Powerful stuff.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Non-Metal Music Discussion forum