"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Confessional Thread

Posted in: Forum Home >> Non-Metal Music Discussion >> Confessional Thread

Displaying posts 126 - 150 of 227 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Last
Displaying posts 126 - 150 of 227 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Last
Jul 30, 2011 9:03 AM ET #126 (permalink)

I'm good cheers Douglas, yourself?

I dunno what it was about Manfred Mann, they were just really boring I thought. They seemed to go on for ages but only played about five or six songs. Maybe I just didn't get it lol. Quo were great fun though.

Jul 30, 2011 3:57 PM ET #127 (permalink)

Tears for Fears. No idea why they stuck with me. Also dig alot of 80's, I guess it's called synth pop. Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, even back to Bauhaus and early goth. The Cure, always was into them. The biggest, guiltiest pleasure of all has to be KISS. My wife says that with my taste in music I should loathe them with a passion. When you're 5 years old, the cover to Destroyer is the coolest thing ever. Follow that up with God of Thunder and Detroit Rock City, I was sold ;)

Jul 30, 2011 8:17 PM ET #128 (permalink)

Heh, I'm listening to The Cure at the moment Netro. I like Tears For Fears too.

Jul 31, 2011 12:32 AM ET #129 (permalink)

Songs from the Big Chair is a great album. Just got back from Joan Jett and the Blackhearts and i liked it, especially their cover of I wanna be your Dog.

Aug 1, 2011 7:18 PM ET #130 (permalink)

Oh dude, I love the Cure

Aug 4, 2011 1:50 PM ET #131 (permalink)

Any Oasis fans here?

Aug 4, 2011 2:56 PM ET #132 (permalink)

R10

Love the song Champaighn Supernova,Patriot,and that album in general! There i said it,my metal cred has been tarnished. But yea dude that album got alot of plays here. I cant imagine listening only Napalm Death or like music all the time. Differant moods. Like me some Smiths and Morrisey also to take the edge off.

Aug 4, 2011 4:06 PM ET #133 (permalink)

Oh yes AP, I like Oasis very much. Growing up in England you didn't have much of a choice. I almost miss the school yard wars between Oasis and Blur fans. I liked both so I was alright :P

Aug 8, 2011 4:42 PM ET #134 (permalink)

same here oz and ap1. i'm with oz about loving both oasis and blur. but damon albarn is who my heart belongs to tho.

additions to my confessions list:
asking alexandria
of mice & men
in fear and faith
miss may i
enter shikari
reel big fish
empire of the sun
massive attack

i could go on. i'm not a real metalhead lol i just listen to what i like and what i like varies. a lot lmao

Aug 8, 2011 4:55 PM ET #135 (permalink)

OMG. I just heard a John Mayer song I actually like. "Heartbreak warfare" I like it because hes actually doing something interesting and unique with the wammy bar(Kerry king and kirk hammet are not actually the only users of the wammy bar, as it turns out), but thats no excuse. I still feel gay as hell.

Aug 8, 2011 5:53 PM ET #136 (permalink)

it's ok FAN, just play it when u bring a girl over to ur house, 'cause u know what they say? "Once a John Mayer song comes on, the panties come off."

Aug 8, 2011 6:00 PM ET #137 (permalink)

^yeah I know my panties just flew right off me when I was listening to it. Weird huh?

But seriously,I honestly regularly listen to Justin Timberlake for that exact reason. If I could get bitches wet like that man's music does, I would have to wear galoshes and ponchos everywhere I went.

Aug 8, 2011 6:02 PM ET #138 (permalink)

spoken like a true gentleman.

Aug 9, 2011 3:56 AM ET #139 (permalink)

I've fully developed an intense amount of interest for a small electronic rock band out of New York known as Phantogram. Been listening to their music religiously for the past few weeks.

Lol @ FAN

Aug 11, 2011 7:32 PM ET #140 (permalink)

ZMA

I have a lot more respect for Justin Timberlake ever since he started doing Saturday Night Live guest spots. He's actually a really funny dude. And it makes me like his music better because of it.

Aug 11, 2011 9:06 PM ET #141 (permalink)

^not to mention the silly shit he's doing with andy samberg on the lonely island albums. "Dick in a Box" and "Motherlover" are what made me go back and think, "you know what, his music's actually the shit."

Aug 11, 2011 9:57 PM ET #142 (permalink)

ZMA

Exactly dude!! Motherlover is funny as hell, and catchy haha.

Aug 11, 2011 10:51 PM ET #143 (permalink)

lonely island is awesome. natalie portman's rap is the best. ever.

Aug 12, 2011 2:15 PM ET #144 (permalink)

Watching the Natalie Portman rap video now. Laughing and falling in love at the same time. Thanks guys!

Aug 12, 2011 6:08 PM ET #145 (permalink)

^Grab the whole album that song is on Oz (Lonely Island Group- Incredibad), great stuff to be found. They just dropped their second album a few weeks ago, and while its not AS great as the first, it has some moments that are even greater. Their material might be right up your alley. Even the songs that arent immediately funny are genuinely good, and grow on you after a while.

Aug 15, 2011 8:59 AM ET #146 (permalink)

"I'M ON A MUTHA PHOCKIN' BOAT!!"

Aug 16, 2011 12:22 AM ET #147 (permalink)

ZMA

Yea I agree with FAN.

Aug 17, 2011 5:20 AM ET #148 (permalink)

...I open the window and a breeze rolls in and I

JIZZ. IN. MY PANTS.

Aug 17, 2011 4:01 PM ET #149 (permalink)

While driving i get bus cock. Nothing i like your new avatar it makes me jizz in my pants

Aug 17, 2011 6:44 PM ET #150 (permalink)

ZMA

Bus cock? I'm hesitant to ask for details as to what is......but I wanna know lol.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Non-Metal Music Discussion forum