"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Confessional Thread

Posted in: Forum Home >> Non-Metal Music Discussion >> Confessional Thread

Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 227 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 Last
Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 227 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 Last
Mar 18, 2011 11:06 AM ET #26 (permalink)

wow... and i thought i had alotta bad shit to "confess" lmao like a few here, i'm not ashamed to admit liking anything since i'm not rlly a true metalhead. here's the list lmao (only my fav.'s/most listened to)

i LOVE:
alternative pop/synthpop/industrial/trip hop like nine inch nails, gorillaz, beck, depeche mode, julien-k, orgy, marilyn manson, rammstein, static-x, black light burns, puscifer, massive attack;
electronica/alternative rock/funky rock like muse, radiohead, bloc party, 30 seconds to mars, incubus, cage the elephant, billy talent, lostprophets, red hot chili peppers, rage against the machine;
nu metal practically raised me like ill niño, slipknot, mudvayne, mushroomhead, coal chamber, deftones, korn, system of a down, linkin park;
then metalcore did killswitch engage, shadows fall, all that remains, bullet for my valentine, atreyu, trivium, as i lay dying, hatebreed, even avenged sevenfold;
the softer rock bands/acoustic soloists like the afters, the fray, onerepublic, the good, the bad & the queen, mute math, snow patrol, 8mm, staind, shinedown, coldplay, bob dylan, johnny cash, matt costa, gavin rossdale, james blunt;
drum & bass/dubstep/agrotech pendulum, the qemists, prodigy, chase & status (thnx oz), combichrist;
rap/hip artists/groups N*E*R*D, saul williams, wiz khalifa, a tribe called quest, beastie boys, shwayze, dead prez, the roots, and older stuff from dr dre, eminem, snoop dog, nas, dmx, jay-z, biggie, tupac, bone thungs n harmony, westside connection, wu tang clan, nwa;
also like few warped tour type of shit like punk/post-punk/post-hardcore/screamo/ska bands like house vs hurricane, the word alive, in fear and faith, 36 crazyfists, a day to remember, alexisonfire, alkaline trio, saosin, scary kids scaring kids, miss may i, sense fail, story of the year, thrice, blink182, offspring, rise against, dropkick murphys, flogging molly, reel big fish;
also don't mind david guetta, we the kings, lady gaga, deadmau5, tiesto, britney spears (albums from blackout and after), christina aguilerra (last 2 records or so i think), and other stupid miami music scene stuff that's kinda tolerable.

Mar 18, 2011 11:20 AM ET #27 (permalink)

Too long, didn't read.

Mar 18, 2011 7:08 PM ET #28 (permalink)

^ lol.

NH - I really like Shinedown. Something very cool about that band.

Mar 19, 2011 10:43 AM ET #29 (permalink)

Groove Coverage, Avril Lavinge and Indica (from Finland)... Just from the top =)

Mar 19, 2011 11:36 PM ET #30 (permalink)

Mar 21, 2011 10:49 AM ET #31 (permalink)

LDB: oh shut up, u know u read it and loved how ur not the only one who sings in the shower to rage against the machine, beatie boys, david guetta, lady gaga, ms spears and xtina a.

TK: yeah man. they were great live. love the singer's voice and was super entertaining. he ran thru the crowd a shit load times while still singing.

still waiting for ironman to confess, since he proudly praises his love for a7x, i can't even imagine the bands he's actually ashamed of.

Mar 26, 2011 4:52 AM ET #32 (permalink)

I'm the kinda guy with the earbuds that are loud enough for people to know what I'm listening to...It must be weird seeing some big, hard-looking dude and you can tell that he's listening to Lady Gaga's "Lovegame" or they don't even know who the frenchwoman singing is (Patricia Kaas...I love her songs)

Mar 26, 2011 6:13 AM ET #33 (permalink)

Fuck, I lost what I was writing.

Ok, so here are the bands that most of you would have a problem with. Or some of you. Or just Branded, BG and Wilco. Fuck you, I'm not ashamed of any of this:
-All That Remains
-As I Lay Dying
-Atreyu
-Avenged Sevenfold
-Bullet For My Vagina
-Dream Theater
-Ill Nino
-Killswitch Engage
-Linkin Park
-Lamb of God
-Metallica (that's for you, branded)
-Mushroomhead
-Parkway Drive
-SLIPKNOT
-Stone Sour
-Times Of Grace
-Trivium

(This post was last edited on April 22, 2011 at 1:50 AM ET.)

Apr 21, 2011 3:15 PM ET #34 (permalink)

ZMA

I don't see a problem with any of those bands IronMan. Most all the bands in that list have had crushing new releases within the past 2 years that've been amazing.

Anyway, this isn't really a guilty pleasure because I'm a rap fan but Tech N9ne is the shit. One the best all around rappers in the game right now.

Apr 21, 2011 11:04 PM ET #35 (permalink)

Confession? The Killers make me want to rock out and dance!!

Apr 22, 2011 12:18 AM ET #36 (permalink)

I'm confessing my sins from at least 7 years ago. I found an old mix CD at my moms from high school - it's like Silverstein, Brand New, and Taking Back Sunday took a big emo shit and made the playlist.

Rapture - I'm down with The Killers, mostly for nostalgia's sake (I met my fiance at one of their shows) but it's funny how many people rag on you for liking them!

IronMan - Bullet For My Vagina...oh you.

Apr 22, 2011 12:47 AM ET #37 (permalink)

Haha you know what, I have a Brand New and Taking Back Sunday cd in my cd case from High School. Geez, how my tastes have grown. I would cringe to listen to that now. Well I accept your untr00 and unbr00talness for accepting mine.

Apr 22, 2011 9:54 AM ET #38 (permalink)

never liked MOST of that emo crap. but, since i am born and raised in miami, obviously i'm exposed to all kinds of poppy shit, so i'm bond to give in to some forms of it. so i do rlly like one republic, the fray, snow patrol, mute math, lost prophets, bloc party, 30 seconds to mars, julien-k and, randomly, depeche mode.

Apr 26, 2011 9:36 PM ET #39 (permalink)

aw, crap... I occassionally on comcast on demand will watch drake or some eminem songs...BUT I have never and probably never will buy any hip hop cds. I only have one T.I. cd and thats because I found it on the side of the road...

(This post was last edited on April 26, 2011 at 9:38 PM ET.)

May 1, 2011 12:13 AM ET #40 (permalink)

RTB

cryonics agreed, i like the sounds as well
i miss orgy, ive been playing alot of their old shit alot lately
orgy, deadsy, the cure, HIM, the sounds and crossbreed

May 2, 2011 3:12 PM ET #41 (permalink)

didn't know u were into industrial RTB man. i'm definitely gonna have to re-check out (almost) all of those. i remember liking deadsy a while back. idk if it's for u, but i think julien-k are great. they're basically orgy minus jay gordon (the singer), and the guitarist just sings too. who wouldda known that he had such an awesome voice? but i'll admit, they're more like depeche mode-type of synthpop music instead of industrial tho.

May 3, 2011 4:26 AM ET #42 (permalink)

Did I read that right, RTB? you like The Sounds as well? That's awesome, man! I love that band for so many reasons. Perfect blend of catchy synthesizers, power chords, thick basslines, and a smooth staccato voice. I can't fully relate to most of the lyrical content, but great stuff regardless! They're definitely my favorite non-metal band.

May 3, 2011 3:16 PM ET #43 (permalink)

RTB

absoultly cryonics, ya lyrically its a bit " unique" but i totally luv that sound they got goin..btw im about 60 miles east of you if your still in downey...hit me up for a show...
VP, did you ever get into crossbreed? they're from fla right? my brother turned me on to them...they shut it down for a while but i believe they still do a few local shows...

May 3, 2011 3:38 PM ET #44 (permalink)

i think i used listen to them back in my earlier days of high school, but i cannot recall very well right now bro lol i'll just have to re-check them out if u recommend it.

May 4, 2011 10:44 AM ET #45 (permalink)

RTB

VP getting up there in age....welcome to the club
ya crossbreed was 02 i believe...seems ages ago...i know they were know for there live shows...lights, some pyro etc
No so cal trip vp?

May 4, 2011 2:05 PM ET #46 (permalink)

niiice. then i'll youtube them so catch some of these crazy live antics with fire lol i'm not getting that old bro lol just feeling the weight of being a full time student and employed full time, with a gf also lmao as for a cali trip, none that i know of man =\ just really wanna focused on graduating from university dude. maybe as a post-graduation trip? but u'll be the first one to know sure bro. no worries.

May 5, 2011 1:32 AM ET #47 (permalink)

Alright, this looks kind of fun. I'll confess to all kinds of non-metal peculiarities. I'll blame these on my girlfriend: The Dresden Dolls, Regina Spektor, Amy Winehouse, Gogol Bordello, Dead Can Dance, the Decemberists, Hedwig & the Angry Inch soundtrack, Jason Webley, many more.
Also, I blame that weirdo in the mirror for these: Gummibär, the Chieftains, Morphine, Professor Elemental, Mr. B the Gentleman Rhymer, stop listing shit already.

May 7, 2011 2:55 AM ET #48 (permalink)

RTB - Not sure if you like Destruction? I might go to the Hollywood show on the 22nd this month.
60 miles east? Do you live in the I.E.?

May 7, 2011 12:57 PM ET #49 (permalink)

I raped the Virgin Mary and hung the bastard Christ...oh sorry, MUSICAL confessions? Ok, shoot me, I love BFMV. Don't know anyone's take on The Offspring, but them too. Phil Collins. Papa Roach has a couple good tunes. My Darkest Days. Ekotren. Have to think of some more, oh yeah, Janis Joplin...

May 7, 2011 1:00 PM ET #50 (permalink)

Circus of Dead Squirrels, Angelspit, Deadstar Assembly, Elton John...

Reply to Discussion or Return to Non-Metal Music Discussion forum