"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Confessional Thread

Posted in: Forum Home >> Non-Metal Music Discussion >> Confessional Thread

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 227 1 2 3 ... 9 10 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 227 1 2 3 ... 9 10 Last
Feb 23, 2011 11:25 PM ET #1 (permalink)

We all have our guilty pleasures. We're on a metal site, in the "Non-Metal Music" section. Some of us are purists, a reasonable number of us also listen to [good] Rap/Hip-hop. But guys, you know every once in awhile we have that random un-metal, as well as un-masculine song that our girlfriends made us listen to that somehow got stuck in your head like a malignant tumor and eventually it grew on you...Or maybe I can only speak for myself here.

So to our Metal fathers: Forgive me for I have sinned, once in awhile I listen to Lady Gaga, Alicia Keys, The Ting Tings, Sam Sparro and Robin Thicke...And I enjoyed it.

Feb 24, 2011 12:59 AM ET #2 (permalink)

Hollywood Undead I've heard two songs that I like and I listen to them occasionally.

Feb 24, 2011 3:37 AM ET #3 (permalink)

The Sounds

My sister got me into this band some years ago and have since developed deep interest in them. In fact, I will be seeing them live next month. May I add that the vocalist is the very essence of beautiful Swedish women ;D

Feb 24, 2011 8:59 AM ET #4 (permalink)

My wife won't stop playing Adele...and I gotta say, that girl got some pipes.

Feb 24, 2011 6:29 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Only song I feel guilty about is Pussycat Dolls - Don't Cha. Other than that, I have no problem admitting I like Limp Bizkit, Pet Shop Boys, Phil Collins and Leonard Nimoy's Bilbo Baggins song.

Feb 24, 2011 6:42 PM ET #6 (permalink)

Would rather take a blunt object to the forhead than listen to Alica Keys. Worst offence is probably Creed, who are widely considered to be a terrible band.

Feb 24, 2011 8:22 PM ET #7 (permalink)

Cynic - I really don't mind the new Creed album. The song overcome has an awesome guitar solo!

Feb 24, 2011 9:52 PM ET #8 (permalink)

The other night at a bar they were playing some really wack-ass electronic techno dance club song and I gotta say I was really diggin it, no idea who it was but if I did i'd totally download that shit and rave to it by myself at home. shit was sick!

Feb 24, 2011 10:08 PM ET #9 (permalink)

id have to say im way into blue grass n that hillbilly shit

Feb 25, 2011 9:55 AM ET #10 (permalink)

From music I listen to, Alter Bridge? I dunno. Slipknot, A7X maybe. I listen to jazz and blues, but nobody has anything on those genres.

When I go clubbing, I gotta say, I can dance to "Baby" by Bieber all fucking night long. That lesbian bitch is catchy.

To be fair, I can dance to anything.

Feb 28, 2011 12:46 AM ET #11 (permalink)

Ugh I'd say the only thing worst than Baby is Whip my Hair by Willow Smith.

Mar 1, 2011 8:30 PM ET #12 (permalink)

Weezer. Jam to weezer alot. Blink 182 got me into music in the first place and i still listen to em. Currently loving the cee lo green album called the lady killer...and lady gaga is always a good choice. and oh yeah i love me some natasha beddingfield. Its ok tho because i still have more metal cred than diamond oz.

Mar 1, 2011 9:54 PM ET #13 (permalink)

I also like Weezer, Cee Lo Green and some Lady Gaga. I draw the line at Natasha Bedingfield though :P

Mar 2, 2011 1:25 AM ET #14 (permalink)

I don't feel guilty for any of my pleasures. I do like me some Dixie Chicks, Arcade Fire, and 3oh!3 though, as far as groups that metalheads or people who like good music hate go.

(This post was last edited on March 2, 2011 at 1:27 AM ET.)

Mar 2, 2011 4:38 AM ET #15 (permalink)

I've been playing the SHIT out of Avenged's new album. Kill me.

I'd like Rhianna if it weren't for that distracting forehead of hers. You could land a jumbo jet on that thing.

Oz: you like Lady Gaga too? Her new single is parade-level gay. Wouldn't have pegged you as a fan, guilty or otherwise.

TIM: lesbian bitch ahaha.

Mar 2, 2011 9:00 AM ET #16 (permalink)

I haven't heard the new single yet. I'm not really a fan, I just think it's good pop music. Regarding the Rihanna forehead part, is that a Snatch reference?

Mar 2, 2011 5:47 PM ET #17 (permalink)

Her forehead is bigger than the state of Texas.
What a whopper of a forehead, would hate to have a headbutt from that bitch!

My guilty pleasure is 30 seconds to mars. I don't like them but I don't mind some of thier songs.
Not bad, not bad at all.

Mar 3, 2011 9:50 AM ET #18 (permalink)

I dont mind the rihanna megaforehead actually. The way i see it, thats just a good landing zone for my dick when it needs a rest... But her music just reminds me of a jamaican version of beyonce most of the time, so i usually pass on it.

Mar 3, 2011 10:02 PM ET #19 (permalink)

Rihanna's got the sexiest pussy ever...The only time I appreciated Perez Hilton was when he leaked Rihanna's nudes on the internet!

Mar 3, 2011 10:03 PM ET #20 (permalink)

I have so much metal cred I can make Lady Gaga a straight man's pop singer

Mar 4, 2011 4:58 AM ET #21 (permalink)

where to begin.. ;) Level42, Simple Minds, Sade, Bryan Adams, Kent and Shania Twain. Well, I don't actually listen to Twain, she's just fun to look at ;)

Mar 6, 2011 1:44 AM ET #22 (permalink)

I've been getting into rap and hip-hop recently, but I'm not ashamed of that. Also a HUGE fan of The Cure. Oh, and Coldplay. Yeah.

Mar 12, 2011 3:51 AM ET #23 (permalink)

Hammerheart, I love the Cure!

Mar 12, 2011 7:49 AM ET #24 (permalink)

Me too. They're fucking amazing.

Mar 15, 2011 1:39 PM ET #25 (permalink)

I've recently discovered I also like the Spice Girls. Some of the production on their songs was pretty amazing.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Non-Metal Music Discussion forum