"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Metal Etiquette

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Metal Etiquette

Displaying posts 26 - 46 of 46 1 2 Last
Displaying posts 26 - 46 of 46 1 2 Last
Aug 14, 2009 5:24 PM ET #26 (permalink)

lol i think every show i goto has a sweaty bastard. the worst are the hairy, shirtless, sweaty aggressive macho fat guys.

(This post was last edited on August 14, 2009 at 5:24 PM ET.)

Aug 14, 2009 5:31 PM ET #27 (permalink)

Hmm I'd have to disagree KK - As Z points out, hairy sweaty men are so common they should practically be part of the metal etiquette: Every show should have at least one hairy sweaty bastard haha

Aug 14, 2009 5:40 PM ET #28 (permalink)

Cynic: Well then, I guess we are on track because every show I've ever seen or been part of has one too. Still it's Eeeeeeewwwwwwww!!! Especially if you mosh with your mouth open. lol.

Aug 15, 2009 2:06 AM ET #29 (permalink)

Cynic, if the rule of moshing is that you need one hairy sweaty bastard, then I want another rule to be:

WOMEN WITH BIG BREASTS MUST LINE THE EDGE OF THE PITS FOR EXTRA CUSHION WHEN SAID FAT HAIRY SWEATY BASTARDS KNOCK ON YOU DOWN NEAR THE EDGE.

(Yes, I know most shows are a sausage fest, but still)

Aug 15, 2009 8:46 AM ET #30 (permalink)

What's worse than moshing with one of those sweaty/hairy types is playing basketball against one. Undoubtedly they love to post up too. I can't even imagine trying to wrestle against one.

Aug 15, 2009 11:43 AM ET #31 (permalink)

hahahahahaha lol im telling u cynic it so gross... lol i guess sweaty hairy fat people need to mosh too but god damn atleast put on a lil extra deodarent maybe or hell go buy a couple shirts at the front so u can change into them if u r such a sweaty bastard. i dunno its just so sick. lol and when that sweaty hairy person is in the pit i am not :(

Aug 15, 2009 3:43 PM ET #32 (permalink)

Women. Don't get an attitude when a guy accidentally bumps into you and grabs your breasts. I can't tell you how many fights I've seen at shows because of bullshit like that. You're an island in a sea full of men, you're bound to get violated in some sort of way. Unless it is performed intentionally then, that's a whole different story.

(This post was last edited on August 15, 2009 at 3:51 PM ET.)

Aug 15, 2009 4:04 PM ET #33 (permalink)

All this talk about accidentally violating women is getting me all riled up, Shred. Especially the "you're an island in a sea full of men" part. :P

Hah, kidding. But could you imagine a chick's in a pit and ACCIDENTALLY grabs a guy in the nuts?

Aug 15, 2009 4:20 PM ET #34 (permalink)

Inferno - lol...How the hell would that even possible? Seeing as most people in a crowd usually have their hands in the air, on someone's back, or crossed and tucked under their arms away from the waist level. I doubt that would happen in an "accident" scenario.

Edit: Forgot to mention, if it were to happen to me, I wouldn't make a big deal about it.

(This post was last edited on August 15, 2009 at 4:25 PM ET.)

Aug 15, 2009 4:24 PM ET #35 (permalink)

Shred: that's the funny part. I should seriously do that someday. You know only I'd be perverted enough to do something like that XD. Man it would be so weird. But, I could probably get away with grabbing a guy's ass and call that an accident. Hahaha.

Aug 15, 2009 4:37 PM ET #36 (permalink)

Inferno - Go ahead and do your work, just make sure that you will be in high risk of paying sexual consequences to your victims if they enjoy the ass/nut grabbing.

Aug 15, 2009 4:51 PM ET #37 (permalink)

Why do you have to make things that are usually negative sound so good and kinky? I mean first you go off with "you're an island in a sea full of men," and now it's the "you will be in high risk of paying sexual consequences." Gees Shred, you have problems :P

Ooooh, I have to add another one. If you're piss drunk, very sweaty, without a shirt and you see a girl nearby, please don't talk to her. She won't like it. I KNOW.

Aug 15, 2009 5:04 PM ET #38 (permalink)

lol...I'm just being honest here. I'm sure someone will back me up with my statements.

Hey some girls like drunk and sweaty gu...oh wait, there I go again. No but seriously, I've seen plenty of dudes trying to pick up women at shows and only end up getting humiliated. I once saw an old guy attempting to flirt with a young female and she just turned away and laughed at him. I kinda felt bad for him but, that was a horrible idea!

Aug 15, 2009 7:24 PM ET #39 (permalink)

Yeah I agree SHRED - male or female, entering into the pit means violation of some sort. Lol, still though Inferno has instilled a hilarious picture in my brain of you running around metal shows hands at chest level accidentally bumping into chicks :P

Aug 16, 2009 9:45 AM ET #40 (permalink)

"No but seriously, I've seen plenty of dudes trying to pick up women at shows and only end up getting humiliated" - that is true for any bar, concert, party, well anywhere. never 'try' to pick up women. just like... talk to them lol. i've talked with many people at shows about the show. and we keep in touch. it's a real social aspect at shows i like.

Aug 16, 2009 9:40 PM ET #41 (permalink)

Inferno/SHREDDER: bow chika wow wow?

Aug 16, 2009 9:46 PM ET #42 (permalink)

No, that's just me sexually harassing Shredder. :)

Aug 16, 2009 9:54 PM ET #43 (permalink)

From the earlier etiquette rules of picking someone up when they fall down, I thought you were suggesting to leave the women on the floor to get trampled for a minute when I was reading the "not to try to pick up women" part. What a bunch of gentlemen we have here :-P

(This post was last edited on August 16, 2009 at 9:55 PM ET.)

Aug 16, 2009 9:55 PM ET #44 (permalink)

I remember being at a show once and this girl behind me kept grabbing my arse. I think she lost interest when she saw how bad my limp was though. She still got a bloody drink outta me though!

... So yeah, guys get molested at shows too!

Aug 17, 2009 3:38 AM ET #45 (permalink)

lmao @ every post after my previous one.

Oz - That happens almost everytime. One of my friends once tried to to grind up against a girl in front of him but only to realize that "she" was actually a "he"...lol...I've been making fun of him ever since!

\,,l "Fuck Religion" by The Exploited l,,/
\,,l "Fuck The USA" by The Exploited l,,/

(This post was last edited on August 17, 2009 at 3:46 AM ET.)

Aug 17, 2009 7:50 PM ET #46 (permalink)

shredder: sometimes i joke with my friends about bands on stage: are they a guy or a girl. cause sometimes they're just very feminine looking so it's hard to tell, but then they'll take their shirt off and you'll know, but then you want them to put it back on lol. other times you'll know by a different angle, but it's really hard to tell sometimes. though usually my friends ask me and i tell them probably a guy, how many girls do you know that play metal much less are in a metal band and aren't the bassist/vocalist. i've seen it but it's rare.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum