"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

american tele....we have hit rock bottom?

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> american tele....we have hit rock bottom?

Displaying posts 126 - 140 of 140 1 2 ... 4 5 6 Last
Displaying posts 126 - 140 of 140 1 2 ... 4 5 6 Last
Oct 4, 2011 5:38 PM ET #126 (permalink)

ZMA

American Pickers is my favorite out of that list you put down R10. My grandmother was in the antique business so I'm into seeing old stuff like that. I like Antiques Roadshow oddly enough heh heh.

But I think Survivorman is way better then Man vs Wild. Cause most times that dude is totally by himself, which is pretty crazy when you watch him boil water in a plastic cup and then cook some wild crab and not die after drinking and eating it.

Oct 4, 2011 5:58 PM ET #127 (permalink)

Ooh, Walking Dead just hit Netflix streaming... I know what I'll be watching once I finish up this last disc of Dexter season 5.

Oct 4, 2011 7:04 PM ET #128 (permalink)

Been watching more Dexter recently. Getting into it! No wonder, since I'm a "Boondock Saints" kinda bloke.

Makes you think somene outta... oh, nothing ;)

Oct 13, 2011 12:01 PM ET #129 (permalink)

I finished season 5 of Dexter and really enjoyed it. The new character they brought in was way better (and better looking) than Smits or Lithgow. And the writers actually sort of gave a "happy ending" for once. After the season 4 ending, I think it was due.

Does anyone else here watch Blue Mountain State? It's on Spike after The Ultimate Fighter (Wed at 11pm). Man, that show is so over the top, but I love it. It always makes me laugh. This week the girls we bedazzling their cooches (and called it vadazzling [I think that's it]). The way it was done was just hilarious.

On another note, there are SO many one-off season shows showing up on Netflix now. Stuff that I started watching but lost track of like Daybreak... I have hardly bothered trying to keep up with any TV this year. In fact, I totally forgot about Fringe. Oh well. I'll catch it online or something sometime.

Oct 13, 2011 4:57 PM ET #130 (permalink)

I moved to Poland and understand less than a quarter of what I hear so the only TV I watch is what we download - so it's easy to avoid the crap and what's a commercial? Recently I watched Game of Thrones season 1 which was awesome (I know, I'm late to the party). And although I've seen a lot of them, we downloaded all of the seasons of Mythbusters and that's awesome to have on in the background while you're doing other stuff. I've seen the first episode of Dexter but never watched the rest - I really should shouldn't I deathbringer? :D

Oct 14, 2011 9:05 AM ET #131 (permalink)

Yes, you should watch Dexter :-) It takes a certain kind of person to enjoy it and to get past the first 5-6 episodes where you realize it's more than just killing - they are building a character. But I think most metalheads should fit the bill for it.

I am so late to Game of Thrones, I haven't even seen it yet :-) Heard so much good stuff that I'm sure I'll catch it when it hits Netflix.

Oct 14, 2011 10:32 AM ET #132 (permalink)

I actually wanna watch Game of Thrones again from the beginning cos I feel like I missed a bit in the beginning, not being able to remember who was what or why they were doing whatever. The story is quite complex.

But it's HBO, so there's lots of gratuitous nudity, male and female. What's not to like? :D

Oct 14, 2011 12:47 PM ET #133 (permalink)

GOT is on again from the beginning on Skt Atlantic tomorrow, but it's during Match Of The Day so it'll have to wait lol.

Finished season 5 of The Sopranos last night. Loved it. Gonna wrap up season 1 of Deadwood over the weekend too.

Nov 9, 2011 7:46 PM ET #134 (permalink)

walking dead season 2 is incredible so far, but the pacing is a bit questionable.

started watching broadwalk empire, and i cannot believe i never saw it before! such a fantastic show!

beavis and butthead are back! awesome.

terra nova's still going. a bit of my guilty please for now.

the league and workaholics are both fucking hilarious

and person of interest was fucking great! love jon nolan, jim cavizel, and michael emerson.

Nov 10, 2011 5:04 PM ET #135 (permalink)

ZMA

Yea n0thing, new Workaholics, Walking Dead, Beavis and Butthead and South Park have been good so far actually.

My new jam is American Horror Story. If anyone here hasn't seen that shit you're totally missing out. Best new show on FX. HIGHLY recommended.

Nov 14, 2011 10:27 AM ET #136 (permalink)

Zman: i've heard that about american horror story. i'll probably check it out once it's over and on netflix, or just downlaod it later. perhaps maybe even catch it on hulu lol idk. i'm watching to many other things and not enough time due to school >;.>; which is why u haven't seen my hairy ass around here in a while.

Nov 16, 2011 3:42 PM ET #137 (permalink)

ZMA

Ya well you gotz to get through school so you can have your MU and TV time lol.

But yea dude however you do it what American Horror story if your in to ghosts and shit. Great show.

Nov 20, 2011 2:03 PM ET #138 (permalink)

Just started watching "Knights of Mayhem". It's about these dudes who participate in full contact jousting in heavy plate armor. Kinda mindless but I can't stop watching it.

Jan 9, 2012 6:35 PM ET #139 (permalink)

It took me a long time, but I've just finished watching The Sopranos. I'd certainly rank it as the greatest show of all time. As fond as I am of The Wire, Boardwalk Empire, Cracker, Oz and Game Of Thrones, The Sopranos was just brilliant, and I use that word in the strongest possible sense.

Mar 17, 2012 7:55 AM ET #140 (permalink)

Finished watching Deadwood last night. Loved it.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum