"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

american tele....we have hit rock bottom?

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> american tele....we have hit rock bottom?

Displaying posts 101 - 125 of 140 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Displaying posts 101 - 125 of 140 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Aug 29, 2011 11:49 AM ET #101 (permalink)

Didn't like Enterprise at all and wasn't big on Voyager to be honest, but I fucking loved The Next Generation and frankly, I enjoyed Deep Space Nine too.

Anyone here seen The Borgias? It's only been on TV a few weeks here but I'm really enjoying it. Jeremy Irons is a legend.

Aug 31, 2011 11:05 AM ET #102 (permalink)

I posted on Facebook about it, but man, Dexter's season 4 finale was a crusher. I didn't see that coming, but in retrospect, I guess I should have. That's what makes it such a great show. Season 5 queued up from Netflix now...

Sep 6, 2011 4:49 AM ET #103 (permalink)

Reality tv stuff... man, I just saw about 5mins of a show called "Operation Repo" last night... my god... Now, THAT's definitely hitting the Rock Bottom!
Who the hell would watch something like that? Fake fights between car owners and the repo guys?

Sep 6, 2011 3:33 PM ET #104 (permalink)

ZMA

Does anyone do anime here? I don't know if that's been asked yet/

Sep 6, 2011 3:33 PM ET #105 (permalink)

ZMA

Does anyone do anime here? I don't know if that's been asked yet.

EDIT: When I mean anime I mean stuff like, Bleach, Full Metal, Zoids, Soul Eater etc. Stuff like that.

(This post was last edited on September 6, 2011 at 3:34 PM ET.)

Sep 6, 2011 5:25 PM ET #106 (permalink)

I've watched Avatar: The Last Airbender with my kids and enjoyed it (way more than the movie). That's about the extent of it for me. Never been a fan of anime in the first place.

Sep 6, 2011 5:37 PM ET #107 (permalink)

^the show was fantastic, the movie was craptastic. subtle difference. lol

Oz: My father is a huge trek fan nerd, and for some reason my mother fell in love with that last Enterprise show, so Ive been subjected to pretty much every incarnation of the show, and Ive found portions of each that were lovable. Enterprise and Voyager didnt really take off into their own until later in the series, While Next Generation and Deep Space were usually good throughout their entirety. The original...was great for its time, but is even better now because of unintentionally hilarious crappy scenes like this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YWAqE9zrU4

and this, the spock/kirk fight: www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rl46Dpy-P4&feature=related

Cheesiest, greatest soundtrack to a fight scene EVER.

Sep 6, 2011 5:43 PM ET #108 (permalink)

The music from the Kirk/Spock fight is probably one of the most well known non-theme songs from TV I'd say. Awesome shit.

I remember an advert for Voyager a few years ago that interspersed footage from the show with the text "One of the finest crews in the galaxy. Lost millions of miles away from home. And the captain's a woman. Coincidence?"

Sep 7, 2011 2:29 PM ET #109 (permalink)

ZMA

Avatar was one of the best shows Nick had in a long time. I actually wanna get that show on dvd. That movie made me wanna go on a shooting spree it was that bad. M. Knight Shamalon should've just killed himself after that. I'm so glad it won worst movie lol.

Does anyone here like Zoids? Or has no one heard of it?

Sep 7, 2011 5:07 PM ET #110 (permalink)

R10

All these new reality shows suck! Id rather watch Star Trek,All in the family,Jeffersons,Good Times re-runs. Last tv show i liked was probably Married with Children! Al Bundy,a fuckin hero of mine. And wife Peg,they dont make them like that nowadays.

Sep 14, 2011 12:14 PM ET #111 (permalink)

Alphas is still going great, with already a season 2 in set, which is awesome news.

Curiosity is still mindfucking, with the 2 more eps i've seen about the "science" of sex, especially the mythical "female orgasm", and the other being about our preparation for an alien invasion.

after just finishing quite possibly the best shows that I've ever seen, all i wanna go is watch comedy, so I've been on a arrested development trip nonstop literally laughing out loud by myself =P

the shows that i mentioned just now that were "the best shows that I've ever seen" were Games of Thrones and FlashForward. totally different, i know. i cannot fucking wait till season 2 of GoT. but it was FF that was really almost life changing for me. for one, i had never EVER been so captivated into a show, besides The Event (another one of the best shows I've ever seen), to the point that (thanks to Netflix) I would literally curse the heaven's, gods, and my own mother whenever the credits rolled up, concluding an eps. so i actually had to watch about 3-5 eps A DAY! i've NEVER done that.

a little bit about FlashForward, the writers were all good sci fi screenplay writers and david s. goyer (co-writer of the nolan's batman series, and a few stinkers whenever he's the sole writer). it's tone is the exactly like Lost and even The Event, with very complex plotlines and mysterious-motive-driven characters. it's about how one day (the pilot eps), the ENTIRE WORLD'S population blacked out (which resulted in MILLIONS of deaths from ppl in vehicles and the like), and in this "blackout" EVERYONE saw a 2 min.'s and 17 seconds vision of their own life, respectively, in 6 months. and the show follows the aftermath, following an FBI agent who follows leads to the investigation, of who was possibly behind the "blackout", from which he saw in his vision. A LOT of shit happens, (ex. ppl who didn't have visions, supposedly meant that they wouldn't live to that 6 months mark). it was such a great show, i've signed 3 petitions to bring it back AND 'Like''d 2 facebook pg.'s who's sole purpose is to bring it back lmao the ending was fucking awesome... only thing missing was the amazing 2nd season that it set up -.-

Sep 14, 2011 12:26 PM ET #112 (permalink)

Never heard of FlashForward but I loved Game Of Thrones so hard. Tyrion man, they should save time and just give him the Emmy now.

Not sure if I've brought this up before but has anyone here seen Deadwood? It's £30 for the complete box set on Amazon and I want to check it out but I'm not sure about gambling that much money on a show I've never seen before. That said I bought the complete box set of Oz for £50 and I'd never seen it before I bought it. Good investment though, great show.

Sep 14, 2011 1:09 PM ET #113 (permalink)

Really? You like Flashforward so much NH? I was annoyed by the main character (who also makes for a really crappy Merlin in Camelot). I started re-watching it on Netflix, only to stop again. It got canned after season 1? It seemed like it dragged on and they didn't know where to go with it (like another Lost), which could be why. I'll probably finish the season if it doesn't disappear from streaming soon.

I hope to one day check out Game of Thrones everyone is raving about.

Sep 14, 2011 1:51 PM ET #114 (permalink)

That show Hoarders is out of control. I don't understand that addiction, so I truly feel for those counselors that have to come in and tell those people to throw their crap in the trash. They were cleaning out one lady's house and found her cat that went missing ten years earlier.

Sep 14, 2011 2:19 PM ET #115 (permalink)

found it dead, I presume? Or it was just finding its own food and shitting where it could? Either way, pretty nasty actually. It's sad that shows like that can be so popular and continue showing the same thing over and over essentially.

Sep 14, 2011 2:48 PM ET #116 (permalink)

Oh yeah, someone with a hazmat suit and gloves picked up that mummified carcass of a cat. In her refrigerator were yogurts and meats that had expired five years earlier. They say that some tragic event triggers these people into filling up that vacuum inside of them with 50 year old newspaper clippings, $hit they never wore from shopping trips and useless boxed garbage...

Sep 14, 2011 5:55 PM ET #117 (permalink)

ZMA

Oh my god Horders? That show is nuts. No way in hell am I ever gonna let that shit happen to me. I'd have to be an idiot. I watched one that was basically the same thing with the dead cat.........only they found 13 dead cats........ or something big number like that. It was passed 10. This chick had over 10 dead cats in her house some of which were visible, like out in the open laying on the bottoms of shelves and she didn't even do anything about it. Weird stuff man.
EDIT: Houses have been condemned because of stuff like that.

(This post was last edited on September 14, 2011 at 5:56 PM ET.)

Sep 14, 2011 7:13 PM ET #118 (permalink)

yeah DB, man, i loved it! i simply put aside my issues with some of the crappy acting and just took it in. it's loosely based on a book, which i would love to get. soon. and game of thrones is a MUST bro. my offer for sharing it on dropbox still stands lol

oz: u'd recommend oz and deadwood? what are they about? isn't oz the gay prison sex show?

Sep 14, 2011 7:32 PM ET #119 (permalink)

Haven't seen Deadwood, I was asking if anyone here has.

Oz does have alot of gay sex (don't any of you cunts take that out of context!) but there's alot more to it than that. It's mostly about an experimental unit in a prison and the attempts to rehabilitate the people inside, most of whom don't know any different than a life of crime.

Sep 14, 2011 11:27 PM ET #120 (permalink)

It's ok, it was already public knowledge that you have a lot of gay sex.

I wondered what that show was about though. I never have enough time to watch even the limited things I want on Netflix. I'm glad I don't have Tivo/DVR or all my time would be wasted on TV or else it would just fill up and I'd delete shit I've never watched.

Sep 14, 2011 11:48 PM ET #121 (permalink)

Oz was a fantastic series. Another one of those that could only go so far. Interesting how Evan Seinfeld played an Aryan when he's actually a Jew.

"Come here Prag!" God it must suck to be in prison.

Sep 15, 2011 8:02 AM ET #122 (permalink)

Technically he played a biker but they became allies with the Aryans so yeah it is kinda weird. Especially when in some shots you can see his tattoo of the shield of David. Fun fact: Peter Steele is an extra in the last episode and John Joseph from Cro Mags is an extra in the first few episodes.

Sep 15, 2011 10:16 AM ET #123 (permalink)

^^^ random facts.

DB: yeah man, i've got a DVR thru at&t u-verse =\ it's perfect for me since i never schedule my life around the times of the shows that i like air. i just schedule the DVR to record w/e i want, and watch them whenever i can. fucking school >;.>; which btw, i'm taking a mobile app devplmt class. pretty cool, so far. objective C is a bitch tho -.-

Sep 25, 2011 7:37 AM ET #124 (permalink)

Anyone here watch Street Customs? I'm a huge motorhead so I love stuff like that, although it's a reality show and they're always supposedly in "oh, such a hurry". Don't know if that's true... would seem like pretty shitty management if that's how they go on about doing their business.

Then, a true nerd show: Mythbusters! Sure, it's quite geeky, but entertaining, nevertheless. Good stuff, imo!

Sep 25, 2011 8:59 AM ET #125 (permalink)

R10

Mythbusters is pretty cool,check it out from time to time. I also try to catch Pawnstars and American Pickers. Amazing what valuable junk people have stored in barns,attics,etc. For laughs i catch Man vs Food. Dude puts him self through torture with some of those eating challanges,5lb steak,hot as fire wings,etc. Man vs Wild is one i used to check out also.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum