"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

american tele....we have hit rock bottom?

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> american tele....we have hit rock bottom?

Displaying posts 76 - 100 of 140 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Displaying posts 76 - 100 of 140 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Jun 22, 2011 6:56 AM ET #76 (permalink)

There's this new show called The Scheme that follows the lives of several families in council houses in Scotland. (A council house is like the American equivalent of a HUD house or a project). If you had this image in your mind of Scotland being all castles, kilts and bagpipes this really kills it.

Jun 22, 2011 7:10 AM ET #77 (permalink)

I always find it kinda funny that Americans or whomever have that idea of Scotland, but that's because I've grown up seeing, and visiting, the real place I suppose. I used to live in a council house so I don't wanna watch anything about that sort of thing lol.

Jun 22, 2011 9:54 AM ET #78 (permalink)

i'm gonna have to wait a bit to dwnld the entire game of thrones season =\ been dying to watch it. alotta ppl talk about it. and it even has a 9.5 rating on imdb. that's amazing.

shows that i'm looking forward to:

alphas on syfy [july] - basically a more realistic x-men/heroes. random ppl with extraordinary abilities are recruited to form a team that pick up cases from the fbi, and such, about other ppl with abilities. i read from an interview with the writer (also writer for the avengers movie, the incredible hulk [the one w/ edward norton], and x-men 3 >;.>;) each team member's power is based on real cases about real ppl, but that are obviously exaggerated for tv entertainment.

falling skies on tnt [june] - basically a show the looks just like the battle:LA movie. looks interesting. i love moon bloodgood ;)
*UPDATE* just saw it last night. had it recorded via my at&t u-verse dvr box, and it was rlly good. reminded me of the walking dead. the walking dead took the usual concepts of zombie films and turned it into a movie with little elements that set it apart. falling skies is doing, or attempting to do, just that with alien invasion films. the 2 hour premiere was very interesting, but not that compelling tho. but it was the "sneak peak" of what's to come what rlly impressed me. so can't wait for that. */UPDATE*

workaholics on comedy central - i think the season just ended >;.>; so i'm waiting for the next one. just about 3 roommates who are stoners and huge slackers lmao it's post-comedy, so i find it hilarious.

the league on fx - canNOT fucking wait for season 3. the funniest show i've ever had to pleasure of watching. it's everything a man could ask for from a comedic series. just about a bunch of guys, some married, some divorced, and few single, who have a fantasy football league. but the show's more about their relationships with each other than the actual football talk. just like any group of male friends, they vulgarly insult each other and inappropriately prank each other. a lot. each episode's plot is scripted, but the dialogues aren't. it's improvised.

(This post was last edited on June 23, 2011 at 2:58 PM ET.)

Jun 27, 2011 7:12 PM ET #79 (permalink)

ZMA

I'm responding to OP's op lol. Reality tv is the worst shit on TV ever. There are certain shows that are actually not that bad but mostly it's all shit. I was watching The Challenge:Rivals the other day. It's so fuckin' retarded, the show is literally about people who hate each other being on teams so they can win 100 grand. It's idiotic. The first ep some one got into a fight and bullshit reasons and went home. I hate reality tv. The only ammusing reality tv show drama I watch a lot just cause I watch a lot of G4 is Cheaters. Funny watching people get caught in the act lol. And I mean even that show is shit. It's all the same really.

I saw The Walking Dead mentioned here too. Fantastic comics. And I honestly loved the entire show. I know a lot of people are pissed because they veered off the original comic story. But I can't be mad at that for 2 reasons.
1. It was a conscious effort because they wanted the show to be entertaining for both new and old fans. So they didn't wanna follow the story exactly. But if you really look at it they honestly did follow the original story but throw in extra stuff to keep the show going longer. I bet what's his name will be dead by next season even though they should've killed him at the finale.
2. Robert Kirkman knows about the direction they're taking the show and is fine with it, and I think if the creator of this fine comic/show is ok with it then I'm ok with it.

n0thing, Workaholics is one of the funniest fuckin' shows on comedy central. I shit you not, I've burst out laughing like real rofling watching that show and I haven't laughed at any show that way in years. All the eps are great but one of my favorite eps was when Adam left to be a body builder. When they were fighting but couldn't because of the boners. Literally the funniest shit ever. I really see why this is a stoner show.....obviously lol.
Falling Skies looked pretty good I'll have to watch it.

I don't watch much tv but when I do I guess this is what I usually watch.

G4's Attack Of The Show: The show for nerds by nerds. They go over the latest tech and games and gadgets and all that shit and they interview some pretty interesting people and it keeps me up to date with some interesting shit goin' on in the world. A news show for nerds lol.
G4's X-Play: All the latest video game reviews and sneak peeks. I'm a big video gamer and this show goes over a wide range of great games and shows which ones are total shit. I shouldn't listened to them when they did the review for BRINK. They said it sucked and they were right lol.
Bio's I Survived: A show for people who like hearing fucked up stories in brutal detail. Example, guy told a story about how he was attacked by a bear in the mountains. Fucker clawed his eye out, ripped his scalp over his over eye blinding him, and almost severed his head from his spin. But he lived. In the same ep. A women was abducted with her 3 year old daughter and 8 month old son and raped repeatedly in front of them. Then had her money stolen. Not all the stories are like that, but it's all interesting to listen to because it's real people telling real stories.

Other then that it's all the basic funny cartoons. South Park (new season sucks), Family Guy, King Of The Hill, Ugly Americans. Stuff like that. Also different stuff on History and the Science Channel.

EDIT: Why does one of the biggest comments I've wrote on this site have to be about TV and not metal?.......Damn I'm too American.......

(This post was last edited on June 27, 2011 at 7:13 PM ET.)

Jun 27, 2011 8:09 PM ET #80 (permalink)

Workaholics \m/\m/

Jun 28, 2011 12:06 AM ET #81 (permalink)

"i'm not flexing - you're flexing."

Jun 28, 2011 4:15 PM ET #82 (permalink)

Been meaning to check out Workaholics. I've got Walking Dead on my Netflix queue, but have started up Dexter Season 3. It's not bad so far. I didn't expect it to come close to season 2's start, but it's still been pretty interesting and intense.

Of course there's nothing but UFC on the TV that I'll actually watch in the summer... so I mostly stick to the computer while the wife watches all the crap cooking, singing and dancing reality TV there is.

(This post was last edited on June 28, 2011 at 4:16 PM ET.)

Jul 1, 2011 7:05 AM ET #83 (permalink)

I finally got around to watching Oz and finished the first season in two days. Really, really good stuff. I wanna get around to checking out The Shield, Twin Peaks and Deadwood at some point too.

(This post was last edited on July 1, 2011 at 7:14 AM ET.)

Aug 8, 2011 4:23 PM ET #84 (permalink)

falling skies season finale was fantastic... until the ending >;.>; it reminded me of the ending of that nicolas cage movie, Knowing, which i wish i could un-know that -.-

alphas is getting great tho.

on netflix: stan lee's superhumans is a great show about the world's most flexible man going around the world in search of other people that can also so extraordinary things, the 90's x-men cartoons, and i got on queue: trailer park boys, 90's spiderman cartoons, and others.

Aug 10, 2011 3:19 PM ET #85 (permalink)

I'm surprised that DB was the only one who brought up Dexter. Great show, waiting for Season 5 to come out on DVD in about a month. I'm still pissed about the way they ended Season 4, though.

The Walking Dead was great, can't wait for Season 2 to start.

I don't imagine a lot of you feel the same way, but I'm curious to see what they do with Ashton Kutcher joining Two and a Half Men. Charlie Sheen's got some pretty big shoes to fill on that show.

Aug 10, 2011 5:25 PM ET #86 (permalink)

im suck a tv freak, but it pisses me off when i see shit like the kardashian bullshit. Here a tv show cause your asshole daddy was rich and you all have big asses. to bad there wasnt 4 more passengers in that fucking car.

and that goddamn jersey shore, im fairly confident is the cause for the 200% increase in communicable diseases in North America among teens and young adults.

tv really does make you dumber when you watch shit like that

Aug 11, 2011 8:48 AM ET #87 (permalink)

^^^ very true pyretta. and those type of shows are really big here (miami). i hate it. when jersey shore was filmed here, my prom date (just a friend; a co-worker at the time) was one of those beeft up guys' girl for a little bit... >;.>; lmao btw, hi i'm n0thinghead. u must've popped up on here during my absence.

Aug 11, 2011 4:02 PM ET #88 (permalink)

how can guys find that atractive? they probably have just as much air in there heads. can a fake tan, fake tits, fake hair and fake personality really be that appealing to guys. but the guys on there are just as fake, if i ever ran into a guy like that id be force to hit them with a blunt object and bitch them out. one of my fav shows in trailer park boys but the difference between the stupididty on there and the stupidity on jersey shore is that its scripted acting not reality

Aug 11, 2011 7:24 PM ET #89 (permalink)

ZMA

I was just saying about shows like Jersey Shore, or The Challenge: Rivals, or Keeping Up With The Kardashians, or any show like that, that I'd literally give my right arm to watch someone walk into a room, midway through an episode and kill all of those people. No joke. Like if I saw it happen and then a I got into some horrific accident after. I'd be worth it to get a chance to see all those people no longer destroying life as I once knew it.

.......Hm.......anyway I downloaded almost all the episodes of Falling Skies. I'm gonna take a day and just watch the whole show all the way through and see what's up with it. Other then that, I'm just watching for new The Walking Dead. I'm confident season 2 will kick ass. It's season 3 I'm gonna be concerned about now that what's his face isn't directing anymore.

pyretta, I wouldn't go near a girl like that even if money was involved. My IQ would drop to an all time low even being in the same room as someone like that. I don't understand why anyone could like someone like Snooky..........It'd be like dating a cave troll with a orange tan......

Aug 11, 2011 10:50 PM ET #90 (permalink)

u'll enjoy falling skies Zman. and i also cannot wait for walking dead season 2. but i actually hope it ends there. shows tend to get ridiculously stupid, especially after season 2, or 3, (ex. heroes), or even just after season 1 sometimes (ex. the sarah connor chronicles). also, u should really check out the syfy original series, Alphas. it's been pretty badass so far. i'm loving it.

Aug 11, 2011 11:19 PM ET #91 (permalink)

Hey, I watched a couple episodes of Alphas and thought it was ok. It didn't grab me and make me WANT to watch though, so I passed on the next couple episodes. Too much shit to do anyway. Just started Dexter Season 4. Man, they start that one out damn intense.

Aug 15, 2011 8:54 AM ET #92 (permalink)

aw DB =\ i thought u would like it lol i FINALLY finished game of thrones (downloaded)... fucking amazing!!! but i have only a FEW queries lmao

Aug 16, 2011 12:24 AM ET #93 (permalink)

ZMA

Good new to hear n0thing. I'm gonna enjoy Falling Skies.

I really need to watch Dexter. I saw the first episode a while ago and I wanna watch that. Way to many shows I need to see.

Aug 16, 2011 8:38 AM ET #94 (permalink)

I just finished disc 1 of season 4 of Dexter... They know how to keep this shit intense (and me on the edge of my seat). I hope I can get stuff like Game of Thrones and Falling Skies on Netflix. Heard so many good things about them. Anyone know if they're on Hulu? I might have to check there too.

It sounds like tele hasn't hit rock bottom yet. There are still many good shows out there, but so many networks are running crap reality TV because it's cheap to produce.

Aug 17, 2011 5:26 PM ET #95 (permalink)

I finished the last season of Twin Peaks today. Fantastic show with a great finale, but I felt that it shouldn't have continued as long as it did, as towards the end if was basically becoming the very thing it was parodying, namely a bad soap opera. Just watched a couple of episodes of Cracker too. For those that have never seen it, it was a gritty British crime drama in the 90s starring Robbie Coltrane (perhaps better known as Hagrid in Harry Potter) and gave big breaks to several actors including Robert Carlyle, Liam Cunningham and John Simm. It's also quite funny so check it out if you can.

Aug 19, 2011 11:21 AM ET #96 (permalink)

u have to check out those shows DB. if u want, i can try to put the game of thrones episodes on dropbox and share a folder with u. falling skies was amazing, but i still can't get over just how dumb that ending was.

i'm really interested in watching more episode of this show on discovery channel called Curiosity. just the first eps is stephen hawking explains how there's no need for a god. fucking mind blowing shit.

Aug 21, 2011 9:10 PM ET #97 (permalink)

They'll all hit Netflix in some form or another (streaming or blu-ray), so it's all good. I started up Sons of Anarchy the other day and watched a couple today and it has me hooked. Some shows take a few to get into, but this one had my on the first episode.

Aug 21, 2011 9:39 PM ET #98 (permalink)

I like to watch alot of crime television. Cold Case, The Investigators, American Justice, American Greed or I (almost) Got Away With It. I really wish they would put out some new episodes of Forensic Files. I also like to watch those UFO programs on the History Channel, like Ancient Astronauts. HGTV has some decent fix-it shows likes Holmes Inspection that I find informative.

Aug 24, 2011 12:36 PM ET #99 (permalink)

http://www.slashfilm.com/david-foster-preparing-pitch-star-trek-series/

New Star Trek? This intrigues me.

Aug 25, 2011 2:24 PM ET #100 (permalink)

I thought that last Enterprise series getting cut was criminal. It had its weak points, but just as the show was getting intensely in-depth and fleshed out, it got taken off.

I'v enever been a trekie guy really, but Ive always thought every iteration of the show was generally well-written, and never really a bad choice when nothing else was on. So I'll watch this if it comes out.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum