"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

american tele....we have hit rock bottom?

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> american tele....we have hit rock bottom?

Displaying posts 51 - 75 of 140 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Displaying posts 51 - 75 of 140 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Feb 3, 2011 12:08 AM ET #51 (permalink)

I am basically the same age as you guys and I never watched any of the things you listen. I watched Power Rangers when I was really little. Is that an australian thing?

Feb 3, 2011 12:23 AM ET #52 (permalink)

I'd love to blame Power Rangers on the Aussies. Can I? :-) I was too old for them when they came out fortunately.

Feb 3, 2011 1:22 AM ET #53 (permalink)

I wanted to put myself inside the pink Power Ranger as a kid.

Feb 3, 2011 8:59 AM ET #54 (permalink)

LMFAO!! @ DB

TK: naw man lol i was obsessed with that shit as a kid too. even had a power rangers bed set up -.- lmao

TIM: the pink power ranger (kimberly... >;.>; is it weird that i rmbr her name? 0.o ) was the vry reason why i hit puberty so early.

Feb 3, 2011 9:03 AM ET #55 (permalink)

Nh: This is just getting weird now, I had the same bed sheets! Loved that Power Rangers shit when I was like 4/5, never stopped loving Batman: The Animated Series though. That program had some serious balls including prossies and drugs yet still being shown on saturday mornings. Paved the ways for shows like Spawn I think.

Feb 3, 2011 9:32 AM ET #56 (permalink)

definitely oz man!!! lmfao!!!!! loved that animated batman series. i would wake up every Sat to watch that, beast wars (newer age transformers), the x-men, and w/e else i would see lmao i rlly don't like all of these newer batman toons, but some of the animated movies are awesome. like under the red hood was fucking amazing!! as doug mentioned it on facebook. vry much a lot like the same dark-themed feel of the original animated series. but i'm pretty sure u alrdy saw it lol

Feb 3, 2011 11:43 AM ET #57 (permalink)

Got to watch an old episode of the Transformers the other night. Still cool. The stuff is just awful.

Feb 15, 2011 12:06 PM ET #58 (permalink)

FINALLY got around to watching Lie To Me today. I really enjoyed it, Tim Roth is a legend.

I'm absolutely loving Boardwalk Empire I must say. Four episodes in and it really is fantastic. Steve Buscemi and Stephen Graham are fantastic as expected and the writing is excellent. Watched the second episode of Blue Bloods last night too. Like the first episode, I enjoyed the storyline, but I'm still not sure if I like where they seem to be going with character development and sub-plots.

Feb 15, 2011 6:11 PM ET #59 (permalink)

lie to me IS awesome man. been meaning to jump back on that show. tim roth is THE MAN.

Feb 15, 2011 7:02 PM ET #60 (permalink)

When I was a kid, the town bully threw rocks at a friend and I.
Just for watching power rangers.
Dragonball Z was considered 'gay' as well as Pokemon.
I dunno haha.

Feb 16, 2011 1:40 AM ET #61 (permalink)

but barney was for some real thug ass niggas, as was sesame street was for pimps and hustlers, especially the iconically infamous The Count.

Feb 18, 2011 5:54 AM ET #62 (permalink)

"Lie to me" is pretty good, but honestly I only like it cos of Tim Roth. The series reminds me of his performance in the film "Deceiver", which I loved. Kinda hard to imagine that show without anyone else. It'd turn into that "Mentalist" crap. The only good thing about "Mentalist" is that cute chick ;)

Seen one episode of Boardwalk. Fucking loved it! My kind of show.
Been getting more into Sons of Anarchy, but mainly cos they air the repetition at around midnight, which is the only time of the day I get to watch anything.

Feb 18, 2011 6:33 AM ET #63 (permalink)

Yeah mate Tim Roth is one of my favourite actors. He was fantastic in Made In Britain and he'd never even acted before that. He's one cool dude.

I still haven't got around to checking out Sons Of Anarchy yet hut everyone says I really need to.

Feb 21, 2011 1:26 PM ET #64 (permalink)

Agreed, Roth's awesome. Overall, I think most of the great actors these days are British; Sean Bean, Christian Bale, Jason Statham, Clive Owen, the scottish "gents" Robert Carlyle, Ewan McGregor, Gerard Butler..
None of these guys are the typical Hollywood babyface Brad Pitt wannabees and that's what makes them great.

That's something that annoys me about Hollywood; most of the actors look like directly out of a Calvin Klein commercial. Keitel, Hackman, Eastwood and McQueen got replaced by Pitt and Cruise type babyfaces.

Well, How nice...

Feb 21, 2011 1:39 PM ET #65 (permalink)

I've been watching Firefly on Netflix.... Figures it was cancelled after one season. That's how much American TV sucks. I find it a pretty fun and entertaining show despite hating a few of the actors in it.

(This post was last edited on February 21, 2011 at 1:46 PM ET.)

Feb 21, 2011 1:39 PM ET #66 (permalink)

I've never liked Christian Bale or Gerard Butler really, but other than them, great list. Robert Carlyle is an outstanding actor, his performance in Cracker was phenomenal.

Feb 21, 2011 4:44 PM ET #67 (permalink)

Wolf / Oz - You guys have missed the greatest British actor of all!!!!!

Daniel Day Lewis - This guy is unparalleled and tops my list of all actors.

Top 3 characters:
1. Hawkeye (Last of the Mohicans)
2. Bill 'The Butcher' Cutting (Gangs of New York)
3. Daniel Plainview (There Will be Blood)

...and I haven't even seen "The Boxer"

Feb 24, 2011 11:41 AM ET #68 (permalink)

DB: would u recommend firefly to a fellow sci fi fan?? lol also, since u saw batman: under the red hood, have u seen superman/shazam! or superman/batman: apocalypse?? i've been meaning to try to catch them since they're on netflix but haven't had time due to skool =\

Feb 24, 2011 11:05 PM ET #69 (permalink)

Cozen, yeah agreed. He's not my fav British actor, but his performance on There Will Be Blood was frightening. Not many actors can do what he did there.

And btw, "There Will Be Blood" is one of my fav movies of all time. I consider it a classic already.

Feb 25, 2011 4:53 PM ET #70 (permalink)

NH: You'd probably like Firefly. If you liked Serenity, you'll like Firefly. I expected a little more cheese from the TV series, and it's probably there, but the humor works for me.

I did watch the Superman comp on Netlifx on my computer. It had Jonah Hex as the last one - 3 cartoons total. It was pretty bland to be honest, but I don't even like Superman.

Feb 27, 2011 9:54 PM ET #71 (permalink)

yeah DB just saw them both today. the apocalypse one with batman seemed too focused on supergirl and i've always liked superman but growing up, he just seemed way too perfect and kinda just down right stupid (character-wise, NOT intelligence). also batman appeared kinda like a jokester saying smartass cmts, which i didn't mind cuz i thought they are funny lol the shazam one with captain marvel was entertaining. the green arrow prt was alright, but i didn't rlly care for the spectre and jonah hex. but the best one still has just got to be batman: under the red hood man. that was one badass animated movie lol i think better than the mask of the phantasm. and i rather rlly liked justice league: crisis of two earths, even tho i hate the whole parallel universe thing.

but yeah, i'll check out firefly for sure. i can't wait for the event to start back up again. i'll have to refresh myself with the 1st season on demand.

(This post was last edited on February 27, 2011 at 9:55 PM ET.)

Apr 20, 2011 7:35 AM ET #72 (permalink)

Watched Game Of Thrones last night. It wasn't the brilliant piece of television people claimed it was but I did enjoy it very much and will stick with it. Pissed off that Boardwalk Empire has finished now though, that was fantastic. Can't wait for the second season.

Apr 20, 2011 9:13 AM ET #73 (permalink)

Archer. one of the funniest shows i've ever seen. can't believe i've never mentioned it here. also, The League. never has a show forced me to have to pause it to get all of the crying-out-out laughter out of my system, then continue watching. both shows are on FX (NOT fox). dunno about u non-americans tho =\

Apr 30, 2011 11:59 PM ET #74 (permalink)

RTB

my big redneck wedding on CMT is pretty silly
btw OZ, just caught my first episode of buzzcocks, fuckin hiliarious...saw the one with dani filth, idk how old it is but i luv the sarcasm......makes me feel right at home

Jun 22, 2011 6:28 AM ET #75 (permalink)

Game Of Thrones was fucking awesome but now I have nothing to look forward to on mondays :(

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum