"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

american tele....we have hit rock bottom?

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> american tele....we have hit rock bottom?

Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 140 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 140 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Jan 26, 2011 7:03 AM ET #26 (permalink)

Interestingly enough a new program as just started on the BBC called How TV Ruined Your Life. The first episode focused on the role fear has on television, how and why people respond to it and the benefits of fear from a network or government's point of view. Well worth a watch. Other than that and most other things Charlie Brooker does, British tv is pretty crap too.

Haven't seen Terminator: Salvation but everyone I know who has (bar my 12 year old cousins) say I'm lucky not to have seen it. I don't really want to see it either because A) Terminator 3 wasn't good... at all and B) Since everything got wrapped up at the end of the second one, any and all films afterwards just seem like a cash in or at best, multi-million dollar fan fiction. The other reason I don't want to see it though is because I can't stand Christian Bale. I really have never liked, let alone been impressed by, any character he's ever played. I seem to be one of the few who didn't like Batman Begins and while I thought The Dark Knight was good, I've only watched it the once and don't give a tupenny fart about ever seeing it again. I thought that as Bruce Wayne, Bale came across as thoroughly unlikable (read: himself) and that when he was doing the actual Batman scenes, his performance was so hammy it would make William Shatner cringe. The ridiculous voice he did really put me off. Personally I feel that Daniel Craig, Tom Hardy and Ryan Gosling deserve more credit than the likes of Christian Bale.

By the way, went and saw Black Swan last night. Fucking good.

Jan 26, 2011 8:50 AM ET #27 (permalink)

tom hardy!! badass dude. i getcha oz ;) haven't seen black swan, but i saw one of the best scenes from it online. 3x's ;) (uh-oh, double winky face in the SAME post!)

totally agree wolfie. CG was awesome, the feel of the film was great, and the eye-candy that was moon bloodgood was just spectacular ;) (oh man! 3x's!)

Jan 26, 2011 9:03 AM ET #28 (permalink)

Lol yeah man, Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis gettin' it awn. Let's just say I was sorely tempted to do my Paul Reubens impression if you know what I mean :P

Jan 27, 2011 9:37 AM ET #29 (permalink)

HEH-HEH!!! (peewee laugh)

Jan 28, 2011 5:58 AM ET #30 (permalink)

Agreed Oz. The voice Bale puts on as Batman is ridiculous. But hey, it's... BATMAN!! ;) I'm sure Justin Bieber will be joining Bale as 'Robin' in the next one...

Been getting into Sons of Anarchy a bit more. Saw another episode last night. Not bad... although I find it difficult to somehow "sympatize" career criminals, or anyone who thinks selling guns and drugs is just "business as usual".

Also Detroit 1-8-7 is pretty good, but somehow the "cops going after the bad guys" thing has really worn out.

Jan 28, 2011 8:34 AM ET #31 (permalink)

i like sons of anarchy. my sis is the one who watches it more than me, but i watch it when i catch it on. nothing rlly bothers me about it except i'm just bugged by just how overly dramatic all these insane ass shit that happens to the characters.

on the topic of bale's stupid batman voice: hey, it beats having nipples on the suit.

Jan 31, 2011 5:32 AM ET #32 (permalink)

Sons of Anarchy, I like it, but I don't know, man... there's something about it that's so fake. I guess it's cos all the bikers in it have been in so many different roles, like the "chief"; he's fucking HELLBOY!

Oz, as for Terminator, you're right, they did wrap it all up with the T2, so basically no need for further films, but of course they'll be cashing in on EVERY single classic film in the future for sure, so surely there'll be 10 terminator films, Blade Runner 2, Tom Cruise as Dekkard etc. I'm suprised Blade Runner has been "safe" so far. Must be in the works as we speak.

And how about Apocalypse Now 2? Charlie Sheen replacing Martin, assuming Charlie comes out of the hospital alive.

Jan 31, 2011 8:23 AM ET #33 (permalink)

i'm pretty sure, before we know it, we'll have a 50th superman film, starting will smith or something.

Jan 31, 2011 8:42 AM ET #34 (permalink)

I'm sure I did read something recently about a Blade Runner remake. I'll have to look into it and get back to you.

I found out today there is gonna be another Superman film, I forget who's playing him now but he's British.

On the subject of television though, can any of you tell me if Boardwalk Empire is any good? It starts on British tv tomorrow and it looks worth it and has gotten good reviews so far.

Jan 31, 2011 1:04 PM ET #35 (permalink)

I haven't seen it myself Oz, but my drummer's been raving about it and from the sounds of it, it's right up your alley.

Jan 31, 2011 3:25 PM ET #36 (permalink)

Blade Runner remake? Euh, hope not - Blade Runner's one of my favourite films I have a big poster of Sean Young on my wall. They could do a sequel maybe.

Jan 31, 2011 3:39 PM ET #37 (permalink)

A sequel would be the classy thing to do... even if they screw it up, the original still stands. But Hollywood doesn't get that usually and may go screw it all up for the fans.

Feb 1, 2011 9:41 AM ET #38 (permalink)

i want a sequel to spawn... or underworld.... and (the american) godzilla!!! now that was a awesome monster movie, not cloverfield. i still liked it tho, even tho alotta ppl didn't. ur thoughts anyone??

Feb 1, 2011 10:08 AM ET #39 (permalink)

I'd like to see another Spawn film, whether it be a sequel or a remake purely because the comics are so good. Underworld and Godzilla I'd leave alone. Godzilla was great when it came out and I was eight years old, but I watched it a little while ago and I decided it was one of those films best left as a memory.

By the way, guess who's making his televised acting debut this thursday? Me? That's correct good sir.

Feb 1, 2011 12:06 PM ET #40 (permalink)

Oz: You're gonna have to gime me the details of this television debut buddy...

Feb 1, 2011 12:25 PM ET #41 (permalink)

It's a program called Skins. Also appearing in the scene will be Napalm Death :D It'll premire thursday at ten in the evening on E4 but I'm sure it'll be available to download somewhere the next day.

Feb 1, 2011 6:38 PM ET #42 (permalink)

So I just watched the first episode of Blue Bloods (it's literally just premiered here in the U.K.) and I quite enjoyed it. I thought it hinted at a few too many backstories and stuff though like one of the characters being an Iraq veteran and the secret society thing seemed a bit much but overall, I liked it and I'll be tuning in next week.

Feb 1, 2011 6:42 PM ET #43 (permalink)

naw oz, no spawn remake. no one else can fill those shoes then michael jai white. he was amazing. the and comics are great. the animated series was vry good too.

skins? isn't there also an american one? lol watch, over here, it's the bizarro-american version of oz lmao

Feb 1, 2011 6:53 PM ET #44 (permalink)

Yeah I think they've just done an American version and it was criticised for the whole, "ZOMG! Teenagers have sex and take drugs!" shpiel.

Yeah the animated series of Spawn was amazing. I'll have to see if it's available on DVD.

Feb 2, 2011 8:38 AM ET #45 (permalink)

yeah oz, me too!! lmao i'd love to watch that again... and gorgoyles!! maybe even the old x-men cartoons too >;.>; wow, i'm sucha nerd =P

teenagers having sex? 0.o AND taking drugs?! 0.0 nvr!! NOT in america!!! especially NOT here in miami!!!!! -_____-

Feb 2, 2011 8:46 AM ET #46 (permalink)

Aww shit man I'd forgotten about Gargoyles! That shoe was awesome, the X-Men and Spiderman cartoons from the 90s were good too. Was never a fan of the Iron Man cartoons though and I only watched the Hulk cartoons when there was nothing else on.

Feb 2, 2011 2:34 PM ET #47 (permalink)

nH: I just did both of those things.

Feb 2, 2011 8:26 PM ET #48 (permalink)

Not long watched the first episode of Boardwalk Empire. Very good indeed.

Feb 2, 2011 10:25 PM ET #49 (permalink)

The 90s version is not the OLD X-men! I've been watching the 80's version - the one I used to watch - with my kids lately. Got a new one coming from Netflix this week :-)

I like the style of the new Iron man and Spider Man cartoons (seen both entire series through Netflix now), except the fact that they've made the main characters teens in both of them. Still decent to watch with the kids though.

While we're talking superhero shows... I'm on the fence about The Cape (still watching for now). It's not great by any means, but their special effects are HORRIBLE! I think 1960s Godzilla and Sinbad movies had better blue screen work than that! Total shit job on those scenes with the washed out foreground characters.

Feb 2, 2011 11:44 PM ET #50 (permalink)

i heard about that DB lol i've been watching recently the american version of being human on syfy. some great stuff man. it's only on the 4th episode or so, so it isn't too late to catch up.

i fucking loved those ol' skool 90's cartoons man. oz, since we're both the same age, we both pratically grew up watching the same shit lol everything u just said, i saw too, right down to nvr being a fan of the iron man toons, and only watching the hulk when there wasn't anything else!! LMFAO!!!! oh, and god forbid someone was talking to me while i was watching the simpsons... lmao

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum