"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

New Song Up

Posted in: Forum Home >> Core >> New Song Up

Displaying 7 posts
Displaying 7 posts
Jan 5, 2011 1:55 PM ET #1 (permalink)

We have a new song up, "Fear The Reason" - http://www.youtube.com/alchemyoftime - check it out tell us what you think!? thanks in advance :)

Jan 8, 2011 4:28 PM ET #2 (permalink)

I love it! The guitar and drums flow so well together, and the breakdowns are sick! I want to be your vocalist! :P

So I wrote some lyrics and layered some vocals over it in a very amature style. The quality sucks but it was fun, so here it is. I have no idea what kind of vocals you wanted to hear over your music, or what the perameters of your taste are so I used a mixed range of highs and lows, inhales and exhales. I have only been screaming for two years at the most and am completely self taught.

http://lexisonfirea.tripod.com/morphedintoamachine/

Jan 9, 2011 1:29 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Hey dude, I wish it wasn't so scratchy, the vocals really peak and it's hard to hear the actual voice. I would suggest turning the overall output volume down and re-uploading it. I'd like to hear the actual voice come through.

Jan 9, 2011 11:29 PM ET #4 (permalink)

I can't because I'm using a $15 mic...

Jan 13, 2011 9:18 AM ET #5 (permalink)

Haha I use the same thing to record the whole band, 15$ room microphone.. WHat program do you use to record. It is possible to turn down the recording volume on the computer. I had to mess with the volume levels a bunch before I could get a decent sound. I know it's not going to sound professional at all I really just want to be able to hear your voice come through with less "static". If you need help in doing this I will gladly help you out.

Jan 13, 2011 8:38 PM ET #6 (permalink)

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Hmm, we'll see if I can get myself back into the recording mood this weekend.

Jan 15, 2011 9:06 AM ET #7 (permalink)

sounds good man, cant wait to hear it!

Reply to Discussion or Return to Core forum