"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

CD or Download?

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> CD or Download?

Displaying posts 26 - 48 of 48 1 2 Last
Displaying posts 26 - 48 of 48 1 2 Last
Aug 24, 2009 5:12 PM ET #26 (permalink)

BlindGreed- I have to admit I was kind of surprised by his comment; I thought we were cool.
Wilco- I feel that downloading is a travesty and will eventually make it impossible for bands to tour. I make no apologies for believing that, but my bad for calling you a chode.

Aug 24, 2009 5:44 PM ET #27 (permalink)

Bruno: Wilco is in agreement with you on that one (I know from past conversations with him on the subject) and he actually pays the extra (big) $$$ to have CD's shipped to his tiny island off the coast of South America or flys to New York to buy them. I think due to the language barrier you are both preaching to the choir. lol.

Aug 25, 2009 12:08 PM ET #28 (permalink)

I agree TOG. I've got hundreds of CD's, and though the rack was nice to look at Zukros, it's a bitch to pack up in alphabetical order when moving numerous times. I recently downsized to case logics and stashed the inserts in the closet. But to answer the question, I much prefer to buy the actual CD...and you better get it the first week like DB says b/c BEST BUY (which I despise) bumps it up to $13.99. Where's the logic?

Aug 25, 2009 2:53 PM ET #29 (permalink)

Y

You buy CDs from Best Buy? Why not buy it online? BB's selection is weak.

Aug 25, 2009 3:18 PM ET #30 (permalink)

I agree, what selection? BB is horrible...I stumble in there every now and then while my wife is shopping at the mall or Target. Online is definitely the way to go, though I will pick up a CD or 2 from BB for $7.99 or $9.99 from time to time.

Aug 25, 2009 3:25 PM ET #31 (permalink)

I never shop for cd's at wal-mart or best buy because they NEVER have what I'm looking for. It's best to go to an actual record store. If you're looking for a bargain, I suggest you shop on amazon. I once bought 5 brand new cd's for $30 on there. I'd call that a bargain, the best I ever had.

\,,l "Bargain" by The Who l,,/

Aug 25, 2009 4:02 PM ET #32 (permalink)

Shredder: \m/\m/ Daltry is one of my all time heros. *Tips hat to Shredder* I also shop at the album store. We have one here that has new and used (the used are usually priced between $7-$9) and for the first week of the new release you can cop a CD for $12.99. After that they go up to anywhere from $16.99 - $20.99 based on the first week sales.

Aug 25, 2009 6:12 PM ET #33 (permalink)

Blind - Both Daltrey and Townshend are amazing! Gotta love their onstage energy l,,/ I'm in that kind of mood now.

\,,l "Baba O' Riley" by The Who l,,/

TEENAGE WASTELAND!!!

Aug 25, 2009 7:53 PM ET #34 (permalink)

OUT HERE IN THE FIELDS!!!

Now playing: Ian Dury - What A Waste

Aug 26, 2009 4:38 PM ET #35 (permalink)

We play that song (Baba). I LOVE playing that song live...

Aug 26, 2009 6:35 PM ET #36 (permalink)

I bet it goes down a storm BG!

Aug 26, 2009 6:49 PM ET #37 (permalink)

Absolutely. I've seen jaws drop when we bring it out. I don't care who you are or where you come from. That is a damned good drinking/party song. We also do a "Blind Greed" version of Children of The Grave and a lot of other crazy cover songs that nobody would expect us to do.

Aug 26, 2009 7:04 PM ET #38 (permalink)

Nice one! Maybe you should record a few of those covers? I'd really like to hear them!

Aug 26, 2009 7:48 PM ET #39 (permalink)

bruno
think i did read it wrong
sorry bro

yeah fuck me i even took a plain ride to california to buy a cd from dublin death patrol
cause i did not find it on line
should get some new music soon in the mail
did buy the complete colection from death

Aug 26, 2009 7:52 PM ET #40 (permalink)

did ask a friend of me to bring a cd from
testament live at eindhoven
they did the whole legacy album that day
and the good thing i was there

but he did buy it at walmart
fuck me he did buy the rated version the beeeepp edition
think buying cd from walmart sucks

Aug 27, 2009 10:51 AM ET #41 (permalink)

Oz: I'll see if I can get my hands on a Blind Greed "Counterfeit" album. It has all of the covers on it. I think it even has a version of London Dungeon by the Misfits.

Aug 27, 2009 1:03 PM ET #42 (permalink)

Wilco- No problem bro; no worries here. That is bad-ass you even took a plane ride to CA to get the Dublin Death Patrol cd; much respect. I cannot believe you caught the Testament show where they played the whole Legacy album! That is the album that got me into Testament and still remains my favorite to this day.

BlindGreed- I am still would like to hear the BG cover of Bad Company!!!!!!

Aug 27, 2009 1:45 PM ET #43 (permalink)

I buy CDs from Best Buy once in a while if they're cheap, but I agree, online is the way to go.

Aug 28, 2009 5:01 PM ET #44 (permalink)

CDs definetly

Sep 6, 2009 3:19 PM ET #45 (permalink)

cds and records unless i cant find the cd that being the out of prints. Buzzoven and bongzilla mostly I dont have a credit card so i cant by the cds online. cds are the way to go I have thousands of them and I dont intend to stop buying them any time soon

(This post was last edited on September 6, 2009 at 3:26 PM ET.)

Sep 7, 2009 6:54 AM ET #46 (permalink)

thats a cool thing deathfreak keep away from a creditcard so you dont start downloading
only thing i use my c card for is to buy music on amazon

again downloading sucks and its for thiefs who are to lazy to walk to a musicstore

Sep 8, 2009 1:47 PM ET #47 (permalink)

I typically check Pricegrabber for the best prices, but can someone recommend a good place to buy new CD's online?

Sep 8, 2009 7:47 PM ET #48 (permalink)

i do like to use amazon.com

check out this store on line the ship as well out of europe
i did buy some cd from them the last few months
compactmail

www. compactmail.com

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum