"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Screamer/Singer Wanted - NS

Posted in: Forum Home >> Core >> Screamer/Singer Wanted - NS

Displaying 16 posts
Displaying 16 posts
Dec 15, 2010 8:44 AM ET #1 (permalink)

If you in the area of Saratoga Springs NY and are a metal vocalist, your needed.

We look for a positive, relatively drug free, person with their own transportation. A good vocal mic would be great, no other equipment is needed. Jam space is small right now, will be upgraded in the near future. Everyone in the band has a different taste for music, making it rather eclectic, ranging from Attack Attack! to Dark Tranquility and back to Pantera.

*NS - Not Spam - This is a real message from a real band looking for a singer.

You can find our music @
stafudesigns.com
youtube.com/alchemyoftime
myspace.com/alchemyoftime

thanks for any inquiries. Alchemyoftime@live.com

(This post was last edited on December 15, 2010 at 8:47 AM ET.)

Dec 15, 2010 10:40 AM ET #2 (permalink)

Good luck on finding a vocalist. I checked out "The Initial Collapse". It sounds like you have quite a bit of potential. The breakdowns went a bit too far in my taste, but still, good job and good luck :)

Dec 15, 2010 7:18 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Hey thanks for the listen, we appreciate it. \m/

Dec 16, 2010 9:14 PM ET #4 (permalink)

I'm liking it, I'll keep listening and I subscribed to your youtube: Kenjuu. ;D

I was expecting much heavier breakdowns after Jarlesworth's comment though.

Dec 16, 2010 9:20 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Thanks!! Hope we didn't disappoint, breakdowns are a new realm to us, we were mostly thrash. Two more songs coming in the next few weeks. We will have a new song up by Saturday for sure :)

Dec 16, 2010 9:41 PM ET #6 (permalink)

Awesome looking forward to it. I wasn't disappointed at all actually. I really loved the song Re:sent Nothing and the play on words in the title was cool. I like that you uploaded the unfinished tracks of instrumentals without vocals. It couldn't hurt to do some singing bits yourselves even if no one can scream and no one thinks they're any good at singing. Like something that almost sounds like it's a sample.

Dec 17, 2010 7:16 AM ET #7 (permalink)

Oh, no. I didn't mean that it was too heavy for me, just too many breakdowns in one song for me. lol. And I'm not disappointed, I like it, it's just that I came from a band where there were too many breakdowns and I got bored easily. You guys do whatever you like with your music and don't let anybody stop you ;) You'll do fine if you keep it up and find a good vocalist.

Dec 17, 2010 7:17 AM ET #8 (permalink)

(Sorry for double post, my internet screwed me over and now I don't know how to delete the second one, so I just decided to edit it instead)

(This post was last edited on December 17, 2010 at 7:18 AM ET.)

Dec 17, 2010 11:55 AM ET #9 (permalink)

Ah, okay. Meh, I didn't notice a particular abundance of Breakdowns.

How many breakdowns did you hear in Re:sent Nothing. I duno, maybe I just know alot less about breakdowns than I thought I did but I only heard like 3.

(This post was last edited on December 17, 2010 at 12:03 PM ET.)

Dec 17, 2010 2:42 PM ET #10 (permalink)

Haha, I have a few vocal copies on my computer. I do attempt at both, not the greatest but not the worst either I guess. The instrumental aspect comes from the drummer; he would rather have it be instrumental, then with vocals we aren't going to keep. We do want singing in parts as well as screaming. I think that would sound best over the music. Thanks for the feedback guys, it's really helpful :)

\m/ Alchemy of Time (Victor)

Dec 17, 2010 10:33 PM ET #11 (permalink)

Cool cool, well I can't wait till you do get vocals. You should advertise on some sites with more traffic/population though. Thanks for sharing your music.

When you guys do get rolling, you should at least have some backup vocals (yours personally that is). I just love hearing a little something else besides just the lead singer. Also there's no reason why putting a few lines somewhere in one of the songs sung or screamed or a combination, can't be permanent even after you get a full time lead vocalist. ;) Of course you guys will have to work that out and being in a band requires compromise. That's why while I jam with other people I always have my own solo stuff on the side on an ongoing basis.

Keep up the good work.

(This post was last edited on December 17, 2010 at 10:35 PM ET.)

Dec 18, 2010 6:13 AM ET #12 (permalink)

Just sayin, man, when 3 breakdowns is enough or not enough for you 1 or 2 is plenty enough for me. You're perfectly entitled to your opinion ;) And Victor I personally agree that it should have both screaming and singing. That's basically my favorite style :) If you do get some vocal tracks put up I'd definitely like to hear it again.

Dec 18, 2010 9:43 PM ET #13 (permalink)

Hmm... I personally don't mind when there's 12 breakdowns, so long as it sounds good.

Dec 19, 2010 10:28 AM ET #14 (permalink)

Hmm... I guess my idea of a break down is mostly polyrhythm parts of the song. I guess you can consider the harmonized guitar part as one also but I think that is debatable. Either way; thanks once again for the info, we have had a few conversations about it already (in the jam room). New song coming out in a few days will post, can't wait to see what you say ;) \m/

(This post was last edited on December 19, 2010 at 10:29 AM ET.)

Dec 19, 2010 3:33 PM ET #15 (permalink)

Yeah, sweet! I wait in eager anticipation. ;)

(This post was last edited on December 19, 2010 at 3:33 PM ET.)

Jan 3, 2011 9:43 PM ET #16 (permalink)

Okay new song is up and ready to be heard - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRp53FBdRtM

Reply to Discussion or Return to Core forum