"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

I'm seeing SLAYER tomorrow!

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> I'm seeing SLAYER tomorrow!

Displaying 10 posts
Displaying 10 posts
Aug 8, 2009 5:03 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Tomorrow at the Nissan Pavilion, myself and one of my best friends are going to see Slayer, Behemoth, and apparently an epic lineup of bands. Any of you who are in the DC Metro area (deathbringer, I know you can drive there) it would be kickass to see anyone from MU in the pits!

We were gonna see Slayer when they were in DC in '07 back when we were in high school, but we both got suspended/grounded for skipping/smoking/grafiti.

So more info on this (because I really wasn't paying attention to my friend about what festival this was, all he said was SLAYER and I didn't have to hear anything else):
Its the Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival. Here's the lineup:

Marilyn Manson (We'll probably leave before Manson shows up, but who knows? Maybe we'll feel nostalgic and stay for the songs we *used to* listen to when we were preteens)
SLAYER (Its fucking SLAYER! Enough said!)
Killswitch Engage (I only liked that "Heartache" song)
Bullet For My Valentine (We'll probably boo and crack jokes)
Trivium (Metallica-lite, we'll be indifferent)
All That Remains (Have no idea who they are, all I know is that their drummer played WoW with another friend)
God Forbid (They're OKAY)
Cannibal Corpse (I've always wanted to see Slayer do shows with bands from the subgenre they definitely inspired)
Job For a Cowboy (Moar liek, BlowJob For a Cowboy, amirite?)
Behemoth (They were the first really extreme Metal band that I got into. Nergal has been an influence on my own musical/lyrical style)
The Black Dahlia Murder (They really have never appealed to me)
White Chapel (Okay, I know alot of us have shit on the -core bands, and yes, most have them have given us a good reason to, but these guys are pretty good)

FUCKING SLAYER!!!

(This post was last edited on August 9, 2009 at 12:34 AM ET.)

Aug 8, 2009 6:55 PM ET #2 (permalink)

be sure to post a set list plz sir....

Aug 8, 2009 7:41 PM ET #3 (permalink)

This is for you, Gore: :P *flips you off* Hahaha! Just kidding, man. I hope you have a good time.

Aug 8, 2009 10:25 PM ET #4 (permalink)

Kalis_wrath: I guess we're even, you got to see Mayhem and I didn't. Then again, Mayhem hasn't been as good since Euronymous was still alive.

Which reminds me, someone asked me my ideal band lineup. The problem with my ideal lineup is that most of the bands I'd want on the same bill are either defunct because a key member died (Dimebag-Pantera, Quorthon-Bathory, Miika Tenkula-Sentenced) or they just haven't been as good since those key members died (Euronymous & Dead-Mayhem)

Aug 8, 2009 10:32 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Mayhem was so sick! I wanna see em' again damn it!

Aug 9, 2009 6:50 PM ET #6 (permalink)

Yeah, man, hope it was good. Although it was hot as hell! I need to get back out to a concert - been too long.

Aug 10, 2009 12:05 AM ET #7 (permalink)

Sounds like a pretty good line-up. I'd kill to see Mayhem live though - with OR without Euronymous. Though it would've been cool..

Aug 10, 2009 6:39 AM ET #8 (permalink)

deathbringer, the next time I bring up the idea of going to places like the Nissan Pavilion for bands, please just smack me or something and remind me not to. Though I love the bands I came for, going to a club for these bands is a WAY BETTER EXPERIENCE! I'll make another thread on why.

branded, sorry, I really was too busy/out of it to give you a complete setlist, but I'll cover as much as I can in the other thread I'm making

Aug 25, 2009 4:45 PM ET #9 (permalink)

Lucky bastard...

Nov 11, 2009 11:53 AM ET #10 (permalink)

i also saw slayer on sunday. it was freaking amazing. ANGEL OF DEATH!!! those moshes were really intense

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum