"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

new outlaw country

Posted in: Forum Home >> Non-Metal Music Discussion >> new outlaw country

Displaying 7 posts
Displaying 7 posts
Nov 11, 2010 6:24 PM ET #1 (permalink)

If you haven't checked it out, outlaw country is pretty hardcore. Just heard of this guy that opened for Hank 3 -- Bob Wayne.. he's amazing.. can't wait for his new cd to come out!!

Nov 11, 2010 11:26 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Damn, I thought Taiwan tried to go independent after reading the title.

Nov 11, 2010 11:26 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Damn, I thought Taiwan tried to go independent after reading the title.

Nov 12, 2010 12:22 AM ET #4 (permalink)

Damn, he thought Taiwan tried to go independent after reading the title.

Nov 12, 2010 11:00 AM ET #5 (permalink)

outlaw county mixes well with metal
similar to metal there is a debate as to whether certain acts are really country or outlaw
alot of indie rock types like the scruffy southern rock image but dislike the country/blue collar aspects
Bob Wayne is not a college kid looking for white trash cred
he is the real deal

Nov 12, 2010 3:16 PM ET #6 (permalink)

gripper - i agree , he's no kid rock, i had always previously just heard "country" and cringed - he definitely opened my eyes to the genre.
anyone else see him live? He's on tour now and I am hoping to see him!

Apr 5, 2011 8:28 PM ET #7 (permalink)

The Streakin' Healys are the most rough and rowdy, outlaw country band north of the Mason-Dixon line. We aspire to do things the right way, and enjoyed our time playing at our local metal festival last year and looking forward to it again this year. As a great big thanks to all you for the support to get our debut full length album, "Booze Fighter" made, we will be offering exclusive weekly downloads to our fans.

Send us an email and we'll get you out the mp3. This week's is a full length concert of The Streakin' Healys live at Kelly's olympian in Portland, OR.

Your friend in whiskey,
Mike
The Streakin' Healys
thestreakinhealys (at) gmail dot com

Reply to Discussion or Return to Non-Metal Music Discussion forum