"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Once Were Empire

Posted in: Forum Home >> Core >> Once Were Empire

Displaying 17 posts
Displaying 17 posts
Nov 8, 2010 7:14 PM ET #1 (permalink)

This band formed this year. They're a Post-Hardcore/Screamo band I came across recently. In some of their live videos they look kinda poserish though, but I still like them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHkpmkMiC0U

(This post was last edited on November 8, 2010 at 7:15 PM ET.)

Nov 13, 2010 12:15 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Yeah... these guys aren't really that good. I duno at first I was pretty intreagued but the more I listen to them the less I like them. And they're not really a Screamo fusion, they're pretty much just that Post-Hardcore/Metalcore Screamo wanabe thing...

Also I thought their guitarist was a chick...

Nov 13, 2010 6:22 PM ET #3 (permalink)

"Post-Hardcore/Metalcore Screamo "

That's all it took for me to go DNW!

Nov 26, 2010 2:15 PM ET #4 (permalink)

Hehe, well check out Eden Army.

I duno, the only problem with this type of music is most of the bands are so lame and even most of the decent ones alot of their material is very lame. I haven't really found any Post-Hardcore/Metalcore/Screamo yet that really amazed me.

(I mean I've found alot of Screamo that amazed me, alot of Metalcore that amazed me, and alot of Post-Hardcore that amazed be, but not too many Metalcore or Post-Hardcore bands fused with Screamo that have.)

You wouldn't happen to know any would you?

(This post was last edited on November 26, 2010 at 2:17 PM ET.)

Nov 26, 2010 6:47 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Nah, most Australian bands that fall under that genre suck balls haha.

Nov 27, 2010 3:10 PM ET #6 (permalink)

I'm beginning to think there aren't any good ones. Greely Estates is about as close as it gets, but they still fall short. They're only good when you see them live after a bunch of bands that suck extrememly (I did at Taste of Chaos several years ago).

Nov 27, 2010 8:21 PM ET #7 (permalink)

Australia has an awesome hc/metal scene and anyone who tells you otherwise is either a liar who doesnt bother to get involved.

Hey that's kind of cool man, what band did you play in?

Nov 28, 2010 12:04 PM ET #8 (permalink)

Never played in any bands, but I am trying to start/join one.

I will have to check out some Australian bands for sure. Lately I've been really impressed by the Middle Eastern, German, French, and Russian scenes. Middle East and Russia for their Deathcore and Metalcore, and France, Russia, and Germany for their Screamo.

Check out the band Ёптыть.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z4WGEfkaxk

From the Middle East bands like Breeze of the Dying and Rivers Running Red.
From Russia, Kenaya (Metalcore), Molotov Solutions (Deathcore), Optimus Prime and Marschak (Screamo).
From France, bands like La Quiete, Sed Non Satiata, and Anomie.
And from Germany, Louise Cypher, Tristan Tzara, and Kobra Khan.

(This post was last edited on November 28, 2010 at 12:11 PM ET.)

Nov 28, 2010 6:56 PM ET #9 (permalink)

Bands for ya:
Mindsnare
Blkout
Samsara
Third Strike
Toe to Toe
Miles Away
Iron Mind
Extortion

Nov 28, 2010 11:56 PM ET #10 (permalink)

Sweet, I haven't heard of any of those. I'm listening to Mindsnare right now, they're pretty good. Use the Pain is a pretty sick song.

I only have a few friends who listen to Hardcore and Metal but I've far surpassed them in terms of the amount of music I've listened to. Off the top of my head I could easily name sixty bands no one else I know has ever heard of. And there's still so much awesome stuff out there I've never heard.

Nov 29, 2010 2:04 AM ET #11 (permalink)

I could talk fo days about aushc, but sadly I have hardly free time at the moment haha.

Nov 30, 2010 5:19 PM ET #12 (permalink)

Okay so I finally listened to all of those bands. I actually had heard Extortion before, but the rest were new to me. The Iron Mind have interesting live performances, the way the lead singer is practically in the mosh pit.

I'm not sure what you mean by aushc?

Dec 1, 2010 6:48 PM ET #13 (permalink)

Autralian hardcore lol.

Iron Mind are awesome, the shows are always mental. Last time they played with Mindsnare some guy got a metal pole and was moshing with it. So many people were getting hit.

Dec 4, 2010 6:01 PM ET #14 (permalink)

Wow lol, yeah last time I went to a show was this sweet Canadian hardcore band called Alaskan and it was in their basement. I hit my head on a pipe hanging from the celieng, that's when I decided to leave the mosh pit. I've heard people get hit by chairs and stuff at some shows. That would suck.

Alaskan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHP6CIKI-uk

Dec 5, 2010 4:07 AM ET #15 (permalink)

People used to mosh with skateboards and all kinds of other things at Third Strike shows, so feral but so awesome!

Dec 5, 2010 6:50 PM ET #16 (permalink)

I don't think I would want to go into such a mosh pit... I'd probably be cheering near it though and doing my own thing.

Maybe you'll like:
Reversal of Man
In/humanity
Path of Resistance
Aftershock
Figure Four

Dec 5, 2010 9:33 PM ET #17 (permalink)

Shit used to get pretty intense, people did bleed a lot haha.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Core forum