"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Search by Member?

Posted in: Forum Home >> Bugs Reports, Suggestions, and Feedback >> Search by Member?

Displaying 16 posts
Displaying 16 posts
Nov 8, 2010 11:34 AM ET #1 (permalink)

i think it's awesome that there's a search by band search engine here but maybe a search by member search for members only would be convenient. it wouldn't be that handy since there's no chatting thing or some stupid crap here, but it'll just be useful for wanting a certain member's info, like their contact info. and it's just sucha hassle to try to remember that last time u saw them comment on an article or thread in the forum, go back to it, and then look for them. idk, i just think that'll be kool, even though this might be a pretty dumb suggestion, sorry Doug.

Nov 8, 2010 2:08 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Yeah, that was my first thought, is that the user names are linked in the comments and forum, but a member search should not be too hard to put together... Will keep it in mind for a future upgrade. (can't promise too soon though).

Nov 8, 2010 6:04 PM ET #3 (permalink)

I really like this idea!
Good one NH!

Nov 10, 2010 11:39 AM ET #4 (permalink)

yeah that's fine DB. sounds kool. just thought that maybe to add the search in the 'forum' section, since it is only for members anyways OR to rlly make it strictly to members, then just in the "member" section of where u click on ur own username and it's the section where u have that articles where u've commented and stuff. there, i think would be perfect. just a thought lol

thnx TK!!

Nov 10, 2010 10:45 PM ET #5 (permalink)

good idea! with the size of the community growing it becomes more and more essential :). a member list of sorts isn't a bad idea to go along with it...

Nov 11, 2010 7:11 AM ET #6 (permalink)

And you could put an honorable members list or something for the really awesome people (the active ones who aren't assholes and are liked)

Maybe even have nominations in a thread or something.

Nov 11, 2010 9:06 PM ET #7 (permalink)

^^^ yeah!! like an article of MU members superlatives or titles. like MU clown (branded), MU hottie (LDB), MU asshole (FAN), MU nice guy (wolf), best MU comebacks (BG1 or Oz), etc.

Nov 11, 2010 11:23 PM ET #8 (permalink)

MU Shoeshiner (NH), MU Minor (me), MU God (Doug)

And I think BG should get MU's OFFICIAL Feces-smearer. It's only fair, he's worked so hard for it.

Nov 12, 2010 8:12 AM ET #9 (permalink)

TRUE!!! lmao "shoeshiner"!! bahahahahahaha!!!!! yessah, i'll git rite on it sah.

Feb 12, 2011 8:45 PM ET #10 (permalink)

How many members are there on this site, anyway?

Can't see any usual statistics @ the bottom of main page like on most forums...

Feb 14, 2011 11:39 AM ET #11 (permalink)

enough for a search to be pretty handy, but the amount of the usuals are enough for most of us to be even facebook friends lol

Feb 14, 2011 7:51 PM ET #12 (permalink)

Im so down with this idea. Ill search for me every day to check up on what im doing.

Feb 15, 2011 10:28 AM ET #13 (permalink)

i'll search for that fag kevin and give him a piece of mind, verbally raping him, cuz i've heard he's a douche and doesn't respond to anyone from MU on facebook. dick.

Apr 21, 2011 11:11 PM ET #14 (permalink)

This would be cool NH, good post.

Apr 22, 2011 12:04 AM ET #15 (permalink)

You gave me the Hottie nod back in November? Fuck me. But I didn't get you anything =(

Apr 22, 2011 9:38 AM ET #16 (permalink)

u "creeped" me on fb before we were rlly actually acquainted lmao so now, we're square like an ice cube...

there's rlly no need for that 2nd sentence of urs, since ur a bride to be and i'm also in a relationship lol besides, we haven't formally met and u gotta buy me dinner first. i'm not that easy.

(This post was last edited on April 22, 2011 at 9:41 AM ET.)

Reply to Discussion or Return to Bugs Reports, Suggestions, and Feedback forum