"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Let's Start Over...

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Let's Start Over...

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 52 1 2 3 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 52 1 2 3 Last
Aug 7, 2009 11:30 PM ET #1 (permalink)

When I launched these forums, I was more worried about them getting overrun with spam before I had the proper moderation tools in place. I had no idea things would degenerate among the people who wanted a place to chat in the first place. It definitely would have helped if I had the tools in place to remove some of the offending threads and messages sooner. I'm getting there and have removed a few offending threads now.

At this point, let's all start over and do this right... I know this is the "General Chat" area, but let's try to enjoy the forums especially for discussing metal music, as that is the one common interest we all have here. Let's put the recent personal issues and disagreements behind us and move on. If that is not possible, agree to disagree. This is not a place for personal attacks, complaints or your personal soapbox, although the latter is fine if done diplomatically.

That said, I'm past the point of warnings now, and the ban-hammer will be flying for those who ignore the forum rules going forward. I appreciate all of you visiting, reading, participating, and discussing things here, but let's keep it civil and light. Thanks.

Aug 7, 2009 11:36 PM ET #2 (permalink)

For cereal.

Aug 8, 2009 12:19 AM ET #3 (permalink)

Gotta agrre! FOR CEREAL! I am drunk, Heeheheheh

Aug 8, 2009 1:55 AM ET #4 (permalink)

I'm more excited about the ban-hammer than anything else, really :P Hah kidding. Let's hope things start going right here again.

Aug 8, 2009 4:14 AM ET #5 (permalink)

*Raises glass of champagne* Here's to a new, and better beginning...CHEERS!

Aug 8, 2009 3:39 PM ET #6 (permalink)

My hatred has not changed..*pours my beer on the ground*

Aug 8, 2009 5:26 PM ET #7 (permalink)

^ Awkward, lol, jk bra.

Aug 8, 2009 7:49 PM ET #8 (permalink)

Ban Hammer - Good name for a band?

Aug 8, 2009 7:53 PM ET #9 (permalink)

*LOL* Cynic, there is a band called Ban Hammer already: http://www.myspace.com/banhammer3 They are kind of a crap band if you ask me.

Aug 9, 2009 12:46 AM ET #10 (permalink)

I agree with deathbringer. We're a small community, almost like a big dysfunctional family here (Apart from the fact that there are those of us who would readily do the few female counterparts on this site). I may not have been here from the start, but I've been here for awhile enough to know all the regulars, as well as the newcomers (well, those of you who are new to me). Lets get along like we used to.

Cynic, I have toyed with the idea of Banhammer as a parody of Hellhammer, but I couldn't find any good track titles that could easily be replaced with a 4chan meme.

Aug 9, 2009 11:59 PM ET #11 (permalink)

I really like the idea of putting all the drama behind us. Cheers!

Aug 10, 2009 1:10 AM ET #12 (permalink)

I hate you all no one here is metal

Aug 10, 2009 3:15 AM ET #13 (permalink)

^I, for one, sincerely hope I am not metal. Enjoying the music is enough for me :)

Aug 10, 2009 10:53 AM ET #14 (permalink)

Awwwe, Thank you Jsin. Comming from you, hate is the most personal thing you can behold for another human. I for one appriciate the hatred.

Aug 10, 2009 12:11 PM ET #15 (permalink)

Hate Is So Underrated.

Aug 11, 2009 4:53 PM ET #16 (permalink)

"let's start over", i agree NUKE THE WORLD!!!!

Aug 11, 2009 4:57 PM ET #17 (permalink)

Man, everyone talks about Banhammer & Hellhammer, WELL WHAT ABOUT THE HEBREW HAMMER, HUH??? They took the last part of my name, Hammer, they couldn't get axe or sword or something? Lol.

Aug 11, 2009 6:46 PM ET #18 (permalink)

The real victim is the screwdriver. It doesn't get the recognition it deserves! Good luck using any type of hammer if you're dealing with a screw. Maybe a jackhammer, but that seems a bit overdoing it, really.

Aug 11, 2009 7:31 PM ET #19 (permalink)

How about LoveHammer. It would be a cock rock band. Geddit?

Aug 11, 2009 9:27 PM ET #20 (permalink)

The only notable Hebrew Hammer I know of was the one used to nail Jesus to the cross

Aug 11, 2009 10:30 PM ET #21 (permalink)

/thread

Aug 11, 2009 11:40 PM ET #22 (permalink)

psythe, did I just WIN?

Aug 12, 2009 2:38 AM ET #23 (permalink)

One of the most epic wins I've seen around here :)

Aug 12, 2009 9:08 AM ET #24 (permalink)

I like the idea of LoveHammer. lmao

Aug 12, 2009 12:35 PM ET #25 (permalink)

Gorecunt wins. Epic. lol.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum