"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Metalcore Drummer available for TOURING project!

Posted in: Forum Home >> Core >> Metalcore Drummer available for TOURING project!

Displaying 3 posts
Displaying 3 posts
Oct 23, 2010 5:51 PM ET #1 (permalink)

My name is Jay, Im 28 years old and currently live in Regina Sk. I have been playing drums for 10+ years, and have developed a passion for the Metalcore genre. My influences include but are not limited too... Lamb of God, As I Lay Dying, All That Remains, Unearth, Slipknot, August Burns Red, Acacia Strain, Blind Witness and many many more!

I have been working towards the goal of becoming a full time touring drummer, and have exhausted the leads for SERIOUSLY committed musicians in Regina... and thus I have decided to advertise across the country in order to find the right project to fulfill my ambitions! I AM WILLING TO RELOCATE for the right project!

What I am looking for is an established group that is near road ready. Having an album in the works, or already recorded is definately a bonus.. as I really need to find a group that is committed to getting their music out there and wanting to play live as much as possible! I am willing to invest whatever is necessary in order to get out on the road full time. I have connections in many cities across Canada for booking shows, and my hope is that once we get started across the country.. we can continue booking while on the road in order to keep rolling back and forth across the country. Im not terribly interested in starting another project from scratch as I have already wasted FAR too much time with musicians that claim to be in it for the long haul.. and then have other priorities when touring opportunities arise. Nothing against all you new bands just starting out... but unless you have some serious credentials.. Im not really wanting to put my time and effort into promoting, managing and building something from the ground up just to have it fall apart when things get serious! Basically Ive come to the point that Im 28 years old, and dont have time for any more bullsh*t!

I have some demo material posted on www.reverbnation.com/jleeward

If you have your sh*t together.. and are seriously looking for a commited touring drummer... Have a listen and give me a shout if you like what you hear!

As for my gear, and what I have already invested in drumming wise... I play a 9pc Pearl rack mounted drum set with far too much hardware to name.. I also have an Alesis DM10 studio electronic drum set for practice and recording purposes. I own a 1989 Ford Club Wagon van (that I can usually fix myself) with a trailor hitch (no trailor).. It is in excellent driving condition and has done me well on the highway every time I have takin it out on tour... So basically... I am nearly COMPLETELY road ready... I just need to find the right group of guys that want it as bad as I do! If it sounds like we are on the same page... PLEASE shoot me a message and we can discuss things further!

Cheers!
Jay Lee

PS: Any info on other sites, contacts, and forums that I can post on would also be GREATLY appreciated!

Oct 25, 2010 5:07 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Unearth just parted with their drummer. But I didn't see them announce that they're doing rehearsals - could have someone in mind already.

Oct 27, 2010 10:48 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Good luck mate

Reply to Discussion or Return to Core forum