"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Now Playing

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> Now Playing

Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 1,000 1 2 3 4 ... 39 40 Last
Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 1,000 1 2 3 4 ... 39 40 Last
Aug 6, 2009 9:14 PM ET #26 (permalink)

Stevie Wonder - Superstition

Aug 6, 2009 10:02 PM ET #27 (permalink)

Cynic, I would never peg you as a Rhapsody of Fire fan! You really do like everything but the core!

Aug 6, 2009 10:12 PM ET #28 (permalink)

psythe: one minute silence is freaking amazing, wish they were still around. buy now save later is their best work though. don't know too many other people who are fans of their work.

Aug 6, 2009 10:46 PM ET #29 (permalink)

Yeah, I don't meet a lot of people that have heard of them. And most of the people I meet are either A) Not into metal at all and won't try anthing heavier than Green Day, or B) Elitists who won't listen to it if it has even an inkling of rap/nu/punk/etc in it

Frankly, I think both teams are missing out on some brilliant stuff. One Minute Silence are the cream of the crop, man. 'Available In All Colours' was rad, but not quite as awesome as 'Buy Now'

Edit: Stevie Wonder is pretty great too hahah!

And holy shit! I'm just discovering Quo Vadis... LOVING IT :)

(This post was last edited on August 6, 2009 at 10:47 PM ET.)

Aug 7, 2009 11:28 AM ET #30 (permalink)

Killing Yourself To Live - Sabbs

Aug 7, 2009 11:33 AM ET #31 (permalink)

Yeah db! I actually just bought their DVD and they are an all round ridiculously talented band. I love their "Rain of a Thousand Flames" album/EP, the title track was my intro to them.

Aug 7, 2009 12:51 PM ET #32 (permalink)

N.W.O.- MINISTRY

Aug 7, 2009 12:58 PM ET #33 (permalink)

Nuclear Blast All Stars - "Dysfunctional Hours"

Peter Wichers is the man.

Aug 7, 2009 2:08 PM ET #34 (permalink)

Blind, I don't know if you know this, but DRI is playing in Tuscon on Nov 6, and Mesa on Nov 7. Just thought you might like to know.

Aug 7, 2009 2:27 PM ET #35 (permalink)

AP1: Good looking out on the DRI.

N.P. - Psalm 69 - MINISTRY

(This post was last edited on August 7, 2009 at 2:29 PM ET.)

Aug 7, 2009 3:12 PM ET #36 (permalink)

AP1: I didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up. Yet another show that I just can't miss. *crosses fingers and hopes they come to the Rialto*

NP: Sabbath Bloody Sabbath - Sabbs

Aug 7, 2009 3:14 PM ET #37 (permalink)

Blindgreed1: No Rialto. The Rock.

Wordz - BLINDGREED

(This post was last edited on August 7, 2009 at 3:16 PM ET.)

Aug 7, 2009 3:23 PM ET #38 (permalink)

Damn... I didn't see it on the Rock's calendar so I got all excited, but you would know brother. Bummer man. The Rialto is a kick ass venue and the bands don't get hosed there like they do at the Rock.

NP: Sign of the Southern Cross - Sabbs

(This post was last edited on August 7, 2009 at 3:24 PM ET.)

Aug 7, 2009 3:40 PM ET #39 (permalink)

Y

Immolith- Hymns to the Countess

Aug 7, 2009 9:01 PM ET #40 (permalink)

I am still Now Playing With; Yo Mamma! *LOL* :P

Aug 7, 2009 9:35 PM ET #41 (permalink)

Tool - "Vicarious"

Tool is one of those few bands that actually (almost) makes me wish I did drugs sometimes.

Aug 7, 2009 10:32 PM ET #42 (permalink)

Drugs are the greatest. Unfortunately, you have to take them to realise it, which means there's a LOT of conservative people that hate them because they havn't tried them and don't actually realise what it's all about.

The problem isn't drugs, it's people that don't know how to take them properly, and people that can't control themselves and get addicted. Alcohol is a FAR more dangerous substance than pretty much every illicit drug out there. Can't go past a few Bill Hicks quotes when it comes to drugs:

"Pot is a better drug than alcohol. Fact! I'll prove it to you: If you're at a ball game or a concert and someone's really violent and aggressive and obnoxious, are they drunk or are they smoking pot?"

"I know this is not a very popular idea. You don't hear it too often any more, but it's the truth. I have taken drugs before and… I had a real good time. Sorry. Didn't murder anybody, didn't rape anybody, didn't rob anybody, didn't beat anybody, didn't lose, hmm, -ONE- fucking job, laughed my ass off, and went about my day. Sorry."

"That's what I hate about the war on drugs. All day long we see those commercials: 'Here's your brain, here's your brain on drugs,' 'Just Say No,' 'Why do you think they call it dope?'… And then the next commercial is 'This Bud's for yooouuuu.' C'mon, everybody, let's be hypocritical bastards! It's okay to drink your drug. We meant those OTHER drugs. Those -untaxed- drugs. Those are the ones that are bad for you!"

♪'Now We Can See'♫ - The Thermals

Aug 8, 2009 8:45 AM ET #43 (permalink)

Behexen - My Soul for His Glory

Aug 8, 2009 10:53 AM ET #44 (permalink)

THOU SHALT SUFFER "INTO THE WOODS OF BELIAL"

Aug 8, 2009 11:59 AM ET #45 (permalink)

psythe: yeah i hear ya man. Available In All Colours is great, but the stuff on buy now was even better. One Lie Fits All was meh by comparison, but still really good. Quo Vadis is amazing man. though i find lately i gotta really be in the mood for them.

As for the drugs thing, i agree with you on the topic of pot, but i've seen people do some fucked up shit on other drugs such as coke. and i've seen acid ruin people's brains. legal or illegal, drugs are drugs, and it's important to keep in mind balance... I live under a belief that if you do anything excess it can't be good for you. I hate when people support pot and bash alcohol and such. i've seen bad things for both, but probably more for alcohol. i don't do drugs, and i don't drink heavily (maybe one or two).

to continue the thread - now playing: Psycroptic - Psycrology

(This post was last edited on August 8, 2009 at 11:59 AM ET.)

Aug 8, 2009 12:15 PM ET #46 (permalink)

Personally, I just don't like them anymore. I started smoking pot when I was 14, drinking when I was 15, and around the same time began trying different random pills, snorting morphine, and drinking mushroom tea. Shrooms were always my favorite. So I have experienced my fair share of drugs, I simply stopped liking the way they made me feel and decided they just weren't for me by the time I was 17.

NP: Led Zeppelin - "When the Levee Breaks"

(This post was last edited on August 8, 2009 at 12:17 PM ET.)

Aug 8, 2009 1:43 PM ET #47 (permalink)

Hey nice job on the Thou Shalt Suffer BMG - I love me anything involving Ihsahn.

Aug 8, 2009 2:38 PM ET #48 (permalink)

"Dreams Of Triumph" -Mictlantecuhtli , off their most recent album, 'Warriors Of The Black Sun' (2008)

Black/Death Metal from the U.S. If anyone is interested, here ya go: myspace.com/mictlantecuhtli

Check out what a reviewer said about their last album: "At the very least, there's no excuse for your Dark Tranquility, In Flames, and Amon Amarth CDs when the real deal comes to you from Mictlantecuhtli."

Aug 8, 2009 8:52 PM ET #49 (permalink)

Yeah, see, my point is you can't really blame the drugs if a person's stupid enough to do them so much that it actually DOES cause damage. Once a year is my max, and havn't touched anything in the last two years. Gotta save it for special occasions. Alcohol, on the other hand, will be the ruin of me. I drink WAY too much and WAY too often. And frankly, I don't really like being drunk (or hungover) anymore - I just love the way a good scotch tastes. So much so that every time I have one I end up loving the way a good twenty scotches taste hahah :P

♪ The Link - Gojira ♫

Aug 8, 2009 10:41 PM ET #50 (permalink)

Now Playing: Slayer - Black Magic

After tomorrow, I will be able to die content, because I will have seen SLAYER live!

This thread has been locked, as it has met the post limit. You may start a new thread to continue your discussion.

Return to General Music Discussion forum