"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

College Football

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> College Football

Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 64 1 2 3 Last
Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 64 1 2 3 Last
Aug 11, 2009 4:40 PM ET #26 (permalink)

BlindGreed- Time will tell. I think Oregon State will be the only Pac-10 competition for the Trojans, but then again two years ago they suffered a humiliating loss to Stanford at home, so who knows what could happen?

Aug 11, 2009 4:42 PM ET #27 (permalink)

USC

(This post was last edited on August 11, 2009 at 4:43 PM ET.)

Aug 11, 2009 4:50 PM ET #28 (permalink)

Bruno: As much as I hate Florida, they might be another strong contender this year. SEC, best conference in football?

Aug 11, 2009 4:56 PM ET #29 (permalink)

Ap- In my opinion, yes. I used to think the Big 12 was (father is from Texas which definately had influence) but now I think it is the SEC.

Aug 11, 2009 4:59 PM ET #30 (permalink)

Yeah, i'd go along with that as well. Especially while Tebow is still a Gator.

Aug 11, 2009 7:29 PM ET #31 (permalink)

Fuck Tebow.

Nov 17, 2009 1:01 PM ET #32 (permalink)

It's been a while since anyone's commented in this thread, and I think it needs to be resurrected.

Iowa was going great, 9-0, and then Stanzi got injured (while half the team was already out on injury to begin with). On Saturday they just barely lost to Ohio State in overtime, giving the Big Ten championship to OSU.

And you haters that say Iowa didn't have a tough schedule, did you see who they played? lol. Granted it's not the SEC, but Iowa's not exactly Florida, Alabama, or Texas (especially anymore).

I think next year the Hawks will come back even stronger, with Stanzi, Clayborne, Spievey (sp?), and more becoming seniors next year. Robinson, Vandenberg, and Wegher will be Sophomores as well, and they all show amazing talent. And don't get me started on McNutt, that man's insane.

But I still want Shonn Greene back, lol.

Nov 17, 2009 2:07 PM ET #33 (permalink)

Ap haha, ya fuck Tebow.

Nov 17, 2009 2:31 PM ET #34 (permalink)

USC get their ass handed to them by Stanford on Saturday :(
Wow, looking back at post 26 I didn't realize how right I would be.

Nov 18, 2009 10:32 AM ET #35 (permalink)

Dude Stanford should go to the BCS Championship bowl game!!!

Nov 18, 2009 10:51 AM ET #36 (permalink)

Yeah, and the Wildcats have the Ducks this weekend. I don't see that turning out well for Arizona. Unless of course we were talking about basketball.

Nov 18, 2009 11:04 AM ET #37 (permalink)

Speaking of college basketball, I know it's kind of early, but I say Michigan State wins it all this year, & no I'm not a bandwagoner, I don't know I just like them.

Nov 21, 2009 11:38 AM ET #38 (permalink)

Iowa plays Minnesota today, and I hope they can pull off a win. They're 9-2 right now, but 10-2 would look so much better.

Nov 21, 2009 1:44 PM ET #39 (permalink)

^ Yea HH, I hope they win.

Nov 21, 2009 7:26 PM ET #40 (permalink)

FUCKING LES MILES!!!!! We were down by 2, on the 25 with 36 seconds left on the clock. A field goal will win it by 1. Instead of running the ball up the middle and running the clock to kick it, what does he do, 2 fucking pass play in which he gets sacked and puts us out of field goal range. I can't go on..........I'm just fucking speechless and sick to my stomach. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!

Nov 23, 2009 10:33 AM ET #41 (permalink)

AP1: Dude... I saw that game. The Tigers got fucking robbed. What the fuck does a man have to do to get the ref to call a time out? That was fucking bullshit! Was it poor clock management after that? Sure, but c'mon man... Had they gotten the time out when they asked for it, there wouldn't have been anything to bitch about. I'll say it again... Somebody is making some money off the calls that are going on in football this year.

Nov 23, 2009 1:12 PM ET #42 (permalink)

Iowa pulled off a 12-0 win yesterday, but Wegher and Robinson are both out... again. Hopefully they'll be back for the bowl game, along with Stanzi.

Nov 29, 2009 12:19 AM ET #43 (permalink)

Tigers pulled that one out of their ass. With 2 teams in the top 10 going down, I think our bowl chances just got a little better.

Dec 1, 2009 3:44 PM ET #44 (permalink)

That was a good game AP1. I wish I could say the same for my Irish. Bob Stoops sure would look good in Blue and Gold. Anyone taking bets on where Weis will wind up?

Dec 1, 2009 6:06 PM ET #45 (permalink)

Back in the NFL. Personally, I think they should have given him 2 more years. That program was starting to come around a tad.

Dec 4, 2009 11:49 AM ET #46 (permalink)

Great game last night between Oregon & Oregon State. Looks like Oregon vs Ohio State in the Rose Bowl.
I think Alabama is going to upset the Gators.

Dec 4, 2009 1:06 PM ET #47 (permalink)

It should've been Oregon vs. Iowa at the Rose Bowl, lol. If only Stanzi didn't get injured...

Dec 4, 2009 1:39 PM ET #48 (permalink)

Hammerheart- I would have preferred to see Iowa in the Rose Bowl. Fuck the Buckeyes.

Dec 4, 2009 2:32 PM ET #49 (permalink)

Once again, Ohio State, a subpar team at best, get's another BCS bowl while a better team has to be left out.

Dec 4, 2009 4:05 PM ET #50 (permalink)

AP- I agree, Ohio State should not be coming to Pasadena!

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum