"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

College Football

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> College Football

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 64 1 2 3 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 64 1 2 3 Last
Aug 5, 2009 2:00 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Pro Football blah blah blah. College football is only 30 days away. Is anyone pumped up out there?

Who is your team and how are they going to do this year?

Aug 5, 2009 2:09 PM ET #2 (permalink)

IOWA HAWKEYES

Any year we beat Iowa State and Minnesota I'm happy. Hopeful for another January bowl.

Aug 5, 2009 2:11 PM ET #3 (permalink)

This is my fourth week in the US and I still find it strange that College Football is almost/maybe bigger than pro. Hopefully I can catch a game while I'm here, maybe see the Denver Broncos play.

Aug 5, 2009 2:12 PM ET #4 (permalink)

The Fighting Irish. I'm hopeful that they will put it together this year but after the last two years I can't get too excited. *crosses fingers*

Aug 5, 2009 2:19 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Termie: Iowa is looking good.

Cynic: Come down to the south and catch and SEC game, and see how it's done brother.

Blind: With their weak schedule, yeah. You guys might have a chance.

Aug 7, 2009 11:36 PM ET #6 (permalink)

I don't know who I like. I'm more of an NFL guy, but I like the USF Bulls. Honestly I don't know why, lol.

Aug 10, 2009 1:47 PM ET #7 (permalink)

AP1: OUCH! Lol.

Aug 10, 2009 4:30 PM ET #8 (permalink)

Blind: Heh heh heh

Aug 11, 2009 1:58 PM ET #9 (permalink)

I just looked at our schedule AP1, and i'm still worried. How many times a year do the Tigers play USC?

Aug 11, 2009 2:43 PM ET #10 (permalink)

Never. The only time we would layeth the smacketh down would be in a bowl game.

Aug 11, 2009 2:51 PM ET #11 (permalink)

And you were talkin smack about our schedule? Lol. We've got big blue, MSU, BCU, Purdue and USC. Not a powderpuff schedule by any stretch of the imagination there buddy.

Aug 11, 2009 3:14 PM ET #12 (permalink)

USC will be national champions this year!

Aug 11, 2009 3:16 PM ET #13 (permalink)

lol blind, no ND is a weak team with a weak schedule. Michigan, Washington State, Stanford and Navy suck. MSU, Purdue, Pitt and Nevada are all mediocre.

Uconn, BC and USC are the only three respectable teams you have to play.

Aug 11, 2009 3:25 PM ET #14 (permalink)

Termie: Say what you will, but the Irish have always had issues with big blue, MSU and Purdue. Even in their hay day. Who do the Hawkeye's have to deal with this year smart ass? lol.

Aug 11, 2009 3:25 PM ET #15 (permalink)

Nope, sorry Bruno. USC will go the route of Ohio State and get their ass handed to them by a better team in a better conference.

Aug 11, 2009 3:27 PM ET #16 (permalink)

Awe shit! It's on now! lol.

Aug 11, 2009 3:34 PM ET #17 (permalink)

I never claimed the Hawks to have a tough schedule, jerk :P

ND will have issue with most of those teams because they're all average.

Aug 11, 2009 3:43 PM ET #18 (permalink)

Termie: You don't want to talk about it huh? I wouldn't either if I were you. lol. But, I guess watching the Hawkeyes is still better than listening to the corn squeek.

Aug 11, 2009 3:58 PM ET #19 (permalink)

AP- Unfortunately I can't really disagree with you- I think Texas is going all the way. But since you bring up Ohio State, I will say that is who I think USC will play in the Rose Bowl.

Aug 11, 2009 3:59 PM ET #20 (permalink)

Hey blind, what's the difference between Notre Dame and the cereal I'm eating right now?

The cereal made it to a bowl this year

(This post was last edited on August 11, 2009 at 4:02 PM ET.)

Aug 11, 2009 4:01 PM ET #21 (permalink)

BlindGreed- My grandfather has been rooting for the Irish fan as long as I can remember; when I was younger I would even join in. The last few years we can barely watch them, as the mighty have indeed fallen. I would love to see them pull it together, but........

Aug 11, 2009 4:15 PM ET #22 (permalink)

Termie: LMFAO! Hey, at least as an Irish fan I have fond memories of bowl games. The only thing the hawkeyes have are the corn flakes in your bowl of cereal.

Bruno: I hope your wrong about having to suffer through another Buckeye/Trojans game again. That shit is just as tired as it is old.

(This post was last edited on August 11, 2009 at 4:17 PM ET.)

Aug 11, 2009 4:20 PM ET #23 (permalink)

LSU, LSU, LSU.

Aug 11, 2009 4:27 PM ET #24 (permalink)

Just for shits and giggles, I think the Az. Wild Cats are going to be a thorn in the side of the Pac 10 this year. They've been building over the last few years and could be a contender in the years to come.

Aug 11, 2009 4:35 PM ET #25 (permalink)

BlindGreed- Tell me about it! I REALLY don't want to see it, just a gut feeling.

AP- Watch out for Florida! SEC always plays the toughest, hands down in my opinion

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum