"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Bands that You HATE and want to KILL

Posted in: Forum Home >> Core >> Bands that You HATE and want to KILL

Displaying posts 26 - 47 of 47 1 2 Last
Displaying posts 26 - 47 of 47 1 2 Last
Dec 5, 2010 8:52 PM ET #26 (permalink)

Random related fact.

Bring me the horizon are apparently THE most visited, played, and thusly popular band on myspace. justin bieber and Bullet for my vagina are down near 5th and 6th I think. Just found that out like two days ago and it made my eyebrows furrow. but then I remebered that its just myspace, and it doesnt matter. but then i remembered that I'm a metalhead, and I love to hate things that dont matter or have nothing to do with me, and the eyebrows returned to their furrowed position.

Just to stir up the hatered stew thats been broiling in here.

Dec 5, 2010 9:19 PM ET #27 (permalink)

every single member of bmth deserves to be sodomized by angry, shaved grizzly bears.

(This post was last edited on February 17, 2011 at 9:54 AM ET.)

Feb 16, 2011 8:49 PM ET #28 (permalink)

OOOOOOOH YEAH!!!!! Now this is my kinda thread!!! Time to show how much of an asshole I really am! Ha ha ha ha ha...

(Yes, in MY opinion, children) ALL these bands SUCK:

Bring Me The Horizon (Worst band in the world)
Bullet For My Valentine (The definition of the word "Overated")
Avenged Sevenfold/A7X/AX7 (Sorry once again, TIM!)
Linkin Park (Zzzzz...)
Limp Bizkit (Now that's just obvious)
My Chemical Romance (bullshit band, singer cannot sing)
Panic! at the Disco (!...Retarded)
Fallout Boy (The band that ruined everything?)
Green Day (Green Gay)
Kings of Leon (Should be called Kings ofGay-...zzzz)
As I lay dying (Hope that's me dying)
Good Charlotte (Shit Charlotte)
Papa Roach (Rather have a roach crawl down my throat)
Taking Back Sunday (Dullest day of the week)
Nickelback (Nickelshit)
Simple Plan (Simple Shit)
Paramore (Without that jailbait ass they'd be nowhere)
Coldplay
The Arctic Monkeys
The Used
Killswitch Engage
Death Cab for Cutie
Cute is what we aim For
Lostprophets
Avril Lavine
Ashlee Simpson
Yellowcard
Dead By April
AFI
Black Veil Brides
Modern Day Escape
Audio Repeat
Florence and the machine
Hollywood Undead
Black eyed peas
The Prodigy
Pendulum
All Time Low
All American Rejects
Priestess
The Killers
The Fratellis
Counting Crows
Dave Matthews Band
Puddle of Mudd
Ryan Adams
She Wants Revenge
Gossip
Radiohead
Uncle Kracker
The Blackout
Youmeatsix
U2
Blink 182
Sum 41
Kaiser Chiefs
P.O.D.
All that remains
Hanson
Family Force 5
Lacuna Coil
Madina Lake
Mindless Self Indulgence
Plain white T's
The Subways
The Saturdays
Aiden
Insane Clown Posse
Amy Grant
Matchbox 20
Pierced Arrows
Calvin Johnson
Bowling For Soup
Cobra Starship
American Hi-Fi
Jimmy Eat World
Brokencyde
Hawthorne Heights
Funeral for a Friend
Six Feat Under
The Devil Wears Prada
Architects
30 Seconds to Mars
Gnarls Barkley (Though technically not a real band)
Lady Gaga (not a band, but played with crap bands)
Afroman
Abba
Blondie
Madness
Sam Sparro
Boney M
Blur (Minus maybe one or two acceptable songs)
Queen (I have respect for the fact that they influenced many, though. Just too cheesy for me)
System of a Down (A tad too overated in my opinion)
Eminem (Again, not an actual band, but still overated and shit. I hate rap)
Dragonforce (Good guitarists, bad songs, bad image, annoying fans)
Every Popstar/Pop Group (That's just obvious, isn't it? Ok... aside from some 80's groups and MJ)
Every Rapper (All male rappers sound the same to me)
ALL R'N'B (By that I mean modern bullshit, not good ol' rhythm and blues)
ALL Rave/Dance/Techno/Dub/Shit

I know some of the above aren't actual "bands", but are closer to bands than most pop or rap artists who aren't even in actual bands.

(This post was last edited on February 22, 2011 at 5:12 AM ET.)

Feb 16, 2011 9:27 PM ET #29 (permalink)

^ DAAAAYUM!!!! Haha.

Feb 17, 2011 3:58 AM ET #30 (permalink)

MLA: You got anger problems and too much fucking time.

Hate on A7X all you want, I don't care. I like a bunch of other entries on your list.

BUT ABBA?!?!

NO

My Swedish side does not allow this. JUST NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Feb 17, 2011 5:11 AM ET #31 (permalink)

I don't actually wanna kill anyone (my ex-gf excluded ;) but I CANNOT FUCKING STAND LINKIN' PARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything about them annoys the fuck out of me!! Honestly, I just got pissed off cos I wasted 2secs of my life thinking about THAT band. Fucking fuck!

Feb 17, 2011 10:09 AM ET #32 (permalink)

MLA: wow dude. that's just dumb man tbh lol there's actually alotta good bands there. then again, i'm rlly open minded and don't ONLY listen to/like metal. and my only picks from ur entire list, and i'm excusing most of it cuz i understand u on most of it, but doesn't mean i agree with alot tho...

as i lay dying is quite possibly the reason why we have the ocean of generic metalcore BUT they do it RIGHT and they've mixed it now with melodeath and even a bit of thrash. but even this one i would excuse.

prodigy and pendulum don't even mix with ur list AT ALL and there's absolutely NO reason why they should be there. they're DnB, while pendulum recently started mixing in some dubstep, and prodigy has also been the metallica of DnB, mixing some electronica and even a bit of "techno-punk"(?) i guess. i can understand if its just NOT ur cup of tea, but there's just no probable cause to actually HATE them.

muse and radiohead - wow, rlly?! u don't even have to like their music to at least understand just how good they are or at least respect what they've done in that alternative music scene. ALMOST the same goes for 30 seconds to mars, but ONLY cuz of their latest album, but w/e. and god forbid u wouldda said NIN (nine inch nails), cuz i probably wouldda nuked ur house lmao

the subways? i don't even think ppl that like THAT kinda music even know who they are lol rlly surprised u even do lmfao

- : [ e n d _ t r a n s m i s s i o n ] : -

(This post was last edited on February 17, 2011 at 8:26 PM ET.)

Feb 17, 2011 10:39 AM ET #33 (permalink)

@NH: Yeah I knew you'd back some bands up! Even though this thread says "hate" and "kill", I just put down a load of bands that I think "suck". Some quite a lot, some not so much. Many are overated, I think anyway. I'm an asshole, who cares?

Feb 17, 2011 10:55 AM ET #34 (permalink)

Nobody. Beauty of the world, we're all insignificant.

Feb 17, 2011 3:04 PM ET #35 (permalink)

Yeah, who the hell hates Radiohead anyway?

Feb 17, 2011 3:48 PM ET #36 (permalink)

=-)

I don't hate them, I just think they suck. Granted that there's worse bands. I could have listed the bands in order of how much I dislike them, but that may be too sad. Even for me. BMTH are in their right place, though.

Some may say As I lay dying spearheaded metalcore, others say the opposite. I can think of better metalcore bands.

@TIM: There are many more Swedish bands/groups than Abba.

=-)

(This post was last edited on February 22, 2011 at 2:35 AM ET.)

Mar 9, 2011 3:10 AM ET #37 (permalink)

My pal used to say he hated Children of Bodom, I couldn't understand why. I played him some of their staple songs and he instanly became hooked. In fact "Downfall" is now his ringtone and hopefully we'll get to see them next month. :-D

I hate it when people say they hate things or people they do not know much about. Especially bands. All the bands I listed above I don't necessarily hate, but think aren't too good. But every single one I have listened to, some I used to even have on my Ipod! And I've actually seen some of them! If I think a staple song sucks, I may listen to other songs by that band - to give them a chance. However, the bands I haven't listened to much (ie: Only listened to a few songs) I don't often comment on until I've heard more from them. ;-)

If you ask me, "Hate" is a stong word - So is "Love", but the two are used too often in too many situations. I can't say I hate a band just because I think they look stupid or that I simply dislike a few of their songs.

(This post was last edited on March 15, 2011 at 1:44 PM ET.)

Mar 13, 2011 8:51 PM ET #38 (permalink)

I hate how so many metalheads hate bullet for my valentine. i like them and when i read metal hammer magazine way back in december, it's like they dont want to be metalcore.
anyways...
Bring me The Horizon
Lil Wayne
Drake
Bob Marley
Devil Wears Prada
Blood on the Dance Floor
Brokencyde
Chelsea Grin
Black Veil Brides
Nickelback
Fall Out Boy
Asking Alexandria
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand...........judas priest....Nah im jk i would never disrespect the metal god or priest

Mar 13, 2011 8:52 PM ET #39 (permalink)

oh shit, and i forgot! JUSTIN BEIBER! I ABSOLUTELY DESPISE HIM

Mar 14, 2011 6:56 AM ET #40 (permalink)

The Devil Wears Prada, despite their name, are great.

Go fist yourself.

Mar 14, 2011 9:32 AM ET #41 (permalink)

sometimes ironman, i just dunno why ur even on this site lmao

metalhead: i like bullet too but i do understand the hatred towards them. they're poppy metal and they attract teenies, like a7x, but their music is vry much not like a7x tho. anyways, who the fuck in the world with the right mind HATES bob marley?!?! 0.0

Mar 14, 2011 10:23 AM ET #42 (permalink)

Someone's got to keep you ethnic minorities in line.

And speaking of bands that you HATE and want to KILL, I just started downloading one of Atreyu's old albums on a whim. Just cuz I used to love it.

Mar 15, 2011 8:47 AM ET #43 (permalink)

i resent that u dirty swede... lmao

their 1st one sucked. 2nd one's tolerable, and then, imo, they got better. but i probably just listen to them with different intentions i guess =\

Mar 15, 2011 10:08 AM ET #44 (permalink)

justin beiber
black veil brides
asking alexandria
bring me the horizon
hollywood undead
avenged sevenfold
children of bodom

(This post was last edited on October 9, 2011 at 4:03 AM ET.)

Mar 15, 2011 1:58 PM ET #45 (permalink)

Couldn't agree more w/ some of the choices in this thread.

But some aren't actual BANDS - Lil' Wayne, Justin Bedwetter... Those mistakes aren't in bands, even if they use session musicians, nor can they even play a single musical instrument. Half of what they attempt to play wouldn't be what I'd call "playing" anyway. I think it's obvious to everyone who doesn't have their head shoved so far up their ass that half of today's modern "music" is complete garbage. Why do so many people have to listen to stuff that's in the charts? It's shit, people! God, every fucker is a robot! They can't think for themselves!

I do agree that there are some good new or recently-formed bands out there, though.

(This post was last edited on March 15, 2011 at 1:59 PM ET.)

Mar 20, 2012 10:12 AM ET #46 (permalink)

Fallout boy
BFMV
Black Veil Brides
Avenged Sevenfold
BMTH

And basically anything that 14 year old emo chicks cream their jeans over haha. Oh and expecially hollywood undead.

(This post was last edited on March 20, 2012 at 10:14 AM ET.)

Aug 17, 2012 4:06 AM ET #47 (permalink)

A lot of these bands make sense to hate, but some things I'm reading are kind of crazy. There's a lot to hate about Avenged Sevenfold, but there's also things to enjoy, such as City of Evil. 30 Seconds to Mars? BMTH fueled tons of new Metalcore/Deathcore bands. But anyway here's my list.

Cannibal Corpse (I don't know, it just isn't for me)
Black Veil Brides (The song writing is just terrible in my opinion)
Blood on the Dance Floor (......Do I really need to explain?)
Green Day (Their old stuff was alright, I really hate their new shit)
2012 Pop music in general ( just...no)
Earth Crisis (I just don't like straight edge bands like this)

Reply to Discussion or Return to Core forum