"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Thank you Deathbringer

Posted in: Forum Home >> Extreme Metal >> Thank you Deathbringer

Displaying 8 posts
Displaying 8 posts
Sep 27, 2010 6:38 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Thank you Deathbringer for posting that pit story on Allegaeon. Their music is absolutely amazing. I had become so bored with the death metal genre until now. If anyone hasn't checked out this band, definately do so. It's worth it.

Sep 27, 2010 9:49 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Hah, no problem. There's so many ways to discover new music. Glad I could be of assistance there.

Sep 28, 2010 11:04 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Its so weird. Every so often i run through the review section on here and check out some of the higher rated ones, and i did that just a week ago. Allegaeon was on like the third page, like two months or more back, rated four point five, and i skimmed the review, liked what i read, and nabbed the album. Now suddenly, just as soon as i had decided this was the greatest band ive ever heard, theres a pit story on them, even though the review was months old. Coincidence? I think not! Obviously the universe is in tune with my music taste. allegaeon fooking rules. I am an instant fan.

Sep 29, 2010 8:35 AM ET #4 (permalink)

I'm gonna be checking out Allegaeon. And I do the same sometimes :P

Oct 6, 2010 10:48 PM ET #5 (permalink)

I bought the Ep and new cd last week! Fuckin beast of a band.
One of my new favourites in the Tech Death genre.

Oct 6, 2010 11:26 PM ET #6 (permalink)

The problem with most techdeath bands has been innaccessability honestly. Obscura is good for like two songs of badass and then descends into tech wankery, with hardly any catchiness or differentiation between songs. Necrophagist, while awesome, can only really be enjoyed by guitarists or elitist metalheads. The ability of the whole band is so overthetop that the average listener cant care very much for the sound at all. Allegaeon showcases tremendous ability, but their first concern is to make good songs, and then get there via tech styling, the reverse of how those other notable td bands seem to approach songwriting. Im hoping they keep it up though. Brain drill had me by the balls on their first cd, but then lost half their members and descended into pointless tech wankery on the second cd, which is exactly my point about the majority of the genre. Go allegaeon.

Oct 7, 2010 12:21 AM ET #7 (permalink)

I agree FAN!

While Necrophagist is a good band with a lot of talent. They tend to be more focused on the one instrument as the base of the band.
I find it the same with Obscura.

Allegaeon prove that they are a good band that have some serious song writing skills.
I find the same thing with The Faceless and Psycroptic. But Allegaeon is more then that.

I love this band and will continue to follow as long as they make simlar sort of music.
2 Horns Up!! \m/_\m/

Oct 7, 2010 10:40 AM ET #8 (permalink)

The Faceless- An Autopsy

..nuff said.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Extreme Metal forum