"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

A good overview of Humanity

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> A good overview of Humanity

Displaying 6 posts
Displaying 6 posts
Aug 4, 2009 5:23 AM ET #1 (permalink)

"Like a child, Man is preoccupied with his technological toys, which he believes will bring him riches and happiness. This shows up in the superficiality of his culture and careless disregard for nature. In his greedy quest for more complex machines Man is prepared to sacrifice almost anything - his natural environment, animals and even his fellow humans. The dreadful spectre of blowing up his world hardly makes him falter in this headlong rush."

(This post was last edited on August 4, 2009 at 5:17 PM ET.)

Aug 4, 2009 6:36 AM ET #2 (permalink)

What's that from Wiggles?

Aug 4, 2009 5:18 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Oh around haha. I do agree with it though.

Aug 4, 2009 7:13 PM ET #4 (permalink)

I agree. I'm not gonna lie and say I'm the most environmentally aware person in the world, but I do what I can. I've never been one to be obsessed with the latest technology though. I'd be fine if we stopped here for the most part. The more technology advances, the more people lose their jobs I think. Then again I don't know alot, so feel free to call me an idiot.

Aug 4, 2009 7:23 PM ET #5 (permalink)

For now we aren't too bad off with technology, but the moment my tooth brush gives me a colonocapy(sp?) I am going to have to say we really have gone too far. *LOL*

Aug 4, 2009 8:59 PM ET #6 (permalink)

I believe that technology is a good thing, but it is the way that people abuse their privilege to technology that worries me. Technology advances the human race and increases our efficiency... but when we put our natural environment at risk for this, then what is it all worth in the end?

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum