"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Apollyon Sun

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> Apollyon Sun

Displaying 10 posts
Displaying 10 posts
Aug 3, 2009 5:05 PM ET #1 (permalink)

How come no-one ever mentions this band? Do alot of Celtic Frost fans view this the same way alot of Judas Priest fans do 2wo? I bought the album recently and loved it. Answers below or on a postcard.

Aug 3, 2009 6:59 PM ET #2 (permalink)

TBH Oz, i've never heard of em. I'll check it out and get back to ya.

Aug 3, 2009 7:15 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Postcard is in the mail. Yo Oz can you give me a description of what they're like in regards to Monotheist CF? I heard they're industrial which is a bit of a turn off for me but then again I thought Monotheist was stellar (a recent convert).

Aug 3, 2009 7:33 PM ET #4 (permalink)

They're definitely more Industrial than CF. Don't expect them to sound much like Monotheist. There's one or two tracks that do the dark, ambient thing from Monotheist but in a different sort of way. There's ten tracks on the album, "Sub" but they're all different from each other. One of them is kind of rave like, one is really dark and a little mellow, some are pure Industrial. It's worth checking out.

Aug 4, 2009 11:33 AM ET #5 (permalink)

I liked Dweller, but not so big on Concerte Satan. I may have to pick it up for the Gothic Queen. She'd love it.

Aug 4, 2009 9:03 PM ET #6 (permalink)

Check out the song Slender if you can, it's fucking amazing.

Aug 4, 2009 9:46 PM ET #7 (permalink)

Is it better than that Boxcutter crap?

Aug 4, 2009 9:53 PM ET #8 (permalink)

Ha, don't worry it's nothing like Boxcutter. Much darker and more metal. Boxcutter certainly isn't for everyone.

Aug 4, 2009 10:09 PM ET #9 (permalink)

Oh I see. Now your going to talk to me.

LOL. That did not take long.\m/\m/

Aug 4, 2009 10:18 PM ET #10 (permalink)

Ur no m8 u trikked me!

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum