"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Conservapedia Article on Death Metal

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> Conservapedia Article on Death Metal

Displaying 25 posts
Displaying 25 posts
Aug 3, 2009 1:30 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Oh this is just hilarious. Not only do they skim over the history and go straight to the 'controversial' stuff, check out the list of bands they picked as examples of death metal

http://www.conservapedia.com/Death_metal

Aug 3, 2009 2:52 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Look at the spelling in that article. I've seen better grammar on a Linkin Park message board.

Aug 3, 2009 2:59 PM ET #3 (permalink)

I had a look around the rest of that site too. I'm gonna link it to xFiruath because he'd really get a kick out of it's "the Liberal media is bias towards atheism" statements.

Aug 3, 2009 3:28 PM ET #4 (permalink)

Ah, what'd you expect? That site is a huge pile of smelly conservative propaganda.

Aug 3, 2009 4:08 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Hey!!! Not all Conservatives are bad, just the dumbasses. Liberals are doing far more damage to this country than Conservatives.

Aug 3, 2009 5:06 PM ET #6 (permalink)

Not all Conservatives are bad, but neither are all Liberals. Both sides make good points and both can talk enormous piles of horse shit. Either way that site is propaganda, which is always funny.

Aug 3, 2009 6:04 PM ET #7 (permalink)

Meh.

Aug 4, 2009 12:18 AM ET #8 (permalink)

Yeah, I didn't say anything bad about conservatives, but the site is pure propoganda. I would just as soon believe the National Enquirer's (tabloid) headlines as those. It would be quite funny if the site wasn't billing itself as a trustworthy resource.

Aug 4, 2009 6:32 AM ET #9 (permalink)

"Sea also"

Aug 4, 2009 7:57 AM ET #10 (permalink)

Yeah, I checked it out. Total bullshit site.

Aug 4, 2009 2:08 PM ET #11 (permalink)

If it's on the internet it MUST be credible. lol.

Aug 4, 2009 7:34 PM ET #12 (permalink)

Y

Does anyone even like Dethklok's music? It sucks horribly, but the show is hilarious. My little brother bought the CD thinking it would be a cool thing to have just because he likes the show so much and I wanted to commit suicide listening to it.

Anyways, this is even more hilarious:

"List of Death Metal bands:

3 Inches of Blood
Behexen
Cannibal Corpse
Death
Deathchain
Death To All
Deicide
Desert Rain
Dethklok
Devourment
Gothzilla
GWAR
Immolition
Megasus
Necrophobic
Planet Piss
Santourum
Six Feet Under
Skitsystem
Slayer
Spacum
Suicide Silence
Taranchula
Vader"

Aug 5, 2009 5:34 AM ET #13 (permalink)

Can people actually believe this shit. Go through the site.
Some of my favorites include homosexuality being a "cureable disease" and "guns are a bonding thing, and not only made to kill"

Morons.

Aug 5, 2009 2:15 PM ET #14 (permalink)

These are the arch-conservatives who actually think that Obama isn't an American citizen. Dumb asses.

Aug 5, 2009 4:22 PM ET #15 (permalink)

And that he is Muslim. Idiots.

Aug 5, 2009 4:29 PM ET #16 (permalink)

The thing I can't understand is, even if he was a muslim, why would it matter? It's not like he'd enforce Islam laws in America and ban alcohol and the like.

Aug 5, 2009 4:37 PM ET #17 (permalink)

No he would just try to impose govt health care and cap & trade laws when we clearly do not want it.

Aug 5, 2009 5:05 PM ET #18 (permalink)

Nothing wrong with free government healthcare.

Aug 5, 2009 6:54 PM ET #19 (permalink)

True that. If it wasn't for government health care I'd only have one leg. True story brah.

Aug 5, 2009 6:59 PM ET #20 (permalink)

I don't know how it is in Aussie land and the UK, but the only thing I've heard about govt healthcare is bad.

Aug 5, 2009 7:04 PM ET #21 (permalink)

Hmm, I haven't looked into the details of Obama's healthcare program, but if it's anything like what we have here, it's not as bad as it sounds. Alot of people (here anyway) complain about it but that's only because alot of people are impatient. Have a look into it a bit more and see what you think of it. It may turn out to be one of the best things to happen to ya!

Aug 5, 2009 10:19 PM ET #22 (permalink)

Dude, I can't think of one single thing the govt runs that functions well. Not one.

Aug 5, 2009 10:40 PM ET #23 (permalink)

I think everybody's position on government run health care has been pretty much covered in previous threads, but I did want to share a story similar to that of Oz. My friend Craig in Scotland has had cancer - twice - and is still alive today to tell the story because health care there is free. If I got cancer there would be no way I could afford chemotherapy or any sort of treatment plan in the U.S.

Aug 6, 2009 1:58 AM ET #24 (permalink)

I believe that if something is needed for survival it should most certainly bbe free and provided by the government.
Fresh food like meat, fruit, vegies, grains ect should be free, why? You don't pay for air. You don't pay for sunshine.
No one has a right to squeeze money out of someone for something that would be free if we didn't have money.

Aug 6, 2009 2:11 AM ET #25 (permalink)

Y

I had a discussion with my mom yesterday about how things as basic as shelter and health are dragging people down into debt and depression, because of the huge financial burden they represent for so many. It's crazy.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum