"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Zee Sweetest Breakdowns in the realm of 'core

Posted in: Forum Home >> Core >> Zee Sweetest Breakdowns in the realm of 'core

Displaying posts 51 - 57 of 57 1 2 3 Last
Displaying posts 51 - 57 of 57 1 2 3 Last
Jan 9, 2011 9:20 PM ET #51 (permalink)

If you want vocal range, listen to the Agonist. Their second album specifically. their first one just sounded like a slightly better version of killswitch engage but with a girl singing, so I was only mildly interested. The SECOND album though....metalcore meets opeth, and then they fucked in a dirty alley and nine months later, boom, a fatherless metalcore baby left at an orphanage doorstop that kicks ass.

The song I'm listening to just now actually (they have a video for it) "...And Their Eulogies sang me to sleep" has metalcore screams, clean singing, deathcore gutturals, black metal raspyiness, and traditional death metals all in one song. and the music itself is good too.

Jan 10, 2011 1:49 AM ET #52 (permalink)

They have improved, but I'm still not impressed. I think The Agnoist are a little over rated. I'm not liking their music videos either, but I rarely like music videos especially when they're just pretty shots of the band pretending to play and doing stage/dance moves. I love Pig Destroyer's Natasha video, the way it tells a story just with visuals.

Jan 10, 2011 7:57 PM ET #53 (permalink)

^eh, I guess I cant win with every suggestion lol At the time that I heard their second album, I was really big into Strapping Young lad, Opeth, Augury, and pantera, stuff with a lot of vocal dimensions, so it really hit the spot to hear this chick make a cohesive bunch of songs with that many vocal styles over proggy metalcore.

but oh well. i just assumed that since you liked Iwrestalabearonce that this band would be in the same vein for you, but i guess not.

Jan 12, 2011 6:53 PM ET #54 (permalink)

Ha, yeah well I've been familiar with The Agnostic for a while since a friend of mine is really into them, but I got bored of them fairly quickly. I like them, there's just 1,000 other bands I'd rather listen to, or new genres exploring. Do you know any good Crust, or Powerviolence?

I wouldn't really put Iwrestledabearonce in the same veign. The Arsonist just has so much more Metal influence, where as Iwrestledabearonce tends more towards the Hardocre/Post-Hardcore influence.

Jan 23, 2011 9:07 AM ET #55 (permalink)

ACxDC is good powerviolence. Pretty crazy stuff, very abrasive. I find it hard to listen to after a while, but when i'm in need of that crazy burst of energy they're always there.

Jan 24, 2011 3:29 PM ET #56 (permalink)

Powerviolence is awesome, but I've yet to delve into it.

Jan 30, 2011 2:44 PM ET #57 (permalink)

I've been expanding a bit more into Deathcore. My comprehensive alphabetical list:

The Abominable Iron Sloth
A Day of Violence
Admiral Angry*
Anthem of Death
Arise Horror
Assassinate the Following...
A Thousand Times Repent
Autoscan
Attila*
Breeze of the Dying*
Condemned to the Catapult
Decades of Despair