"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Testing new Facebook "Like" Button on News Articles

Posted in: Forum Home >> Bugs Reports, Suggestions, and Feedback >> Testing new Facebook "Like" Button on News Articles

Displaying 7 posts
Displaying 7 posts
Aug 20, 2010 11:00 PM ET #1 (permalink)

So I'm testing out the Facebook "like" button on news articles. Let me know if you like it or have any issues. You'd think they'd make it easier to implement, but after some tweaking, I got it working fairly well I think. I just wish they let you customize the title and body text like in direct link posting on Facebook...but I guess it's not exactly the same.

Please share away and spread the word about Metalunderground.com !

Aug 21, 2010 6:54 AM ET #2 (permalink)

TheIronMan likes this

Jul 27, 2011 10:56 PM ET #3 (permalink)

I was just scrolling comments on the latest Opeth article, and read one I particularly enjoyed. It could be that I am a social network junkie, addicted to the immersive nature of sites like facebook, but I found myself wanting to press a 'like' button on the comment.

Just a thought.

Jul 27, 2011 11:14 PM ET #4 (permalink)

I have thought that so many times now... I wish there was a like button everywhere :-) I dunno if it makes sense to code it into MU for comments, especially though.

Jul 28, 2011 9:42 AM ET #5 (permalink)

I think instead of a 'like' button, a \m/ horns type thing would be more appropriate, and convey the same general sentiment.

Jul 28, 2011 7:30 PM ET #6 (permalink)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No words neccessary, just upward pointing and exclamation points to signify intense, near hyperbolic agreement.

Jul 28, 2011 7:30 PM ET #7 (permalink)

or, more simply....

\m/

Reply to Discussion or Return to Bugs Reports, Suggestions, and Feedback forum