"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Behemoth and Gwar

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> Behemoth and Gwar

Displaying 5 posts
Displaying 5 posts
Aug 2, 2009 5:26 AM ET #1 (permalink)

Both of these bands have shown us their complete and utter badassery on multiple occasions, and here they are to do it again! which album are you guys more psyched about? I`m personally more hyped for Evangellion, but Gwar is always set to impress. which direction would you like to see these bands grow in? Let`s get some good discussion going here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvof7ZhmxbA
(by the way, the guy in the corpse paint is me! \m/)

The highly anticipated full-length release from the leaders of blackened death metal, Behemoth, available everywhere 8/11/09

Celebrating a monstrous 25 years of madness from the iconic demons of metal,Lust In Space, available everywhere 08/18/09

Aug 2, 2009 5:43 AM ET #2 (permalink)

Don't get me wrong, Gwar are a lot of fun. But I'm about 20,000 times more psyched for a new Behemoth album than Gwar. Good band, but they just don't excite me all THAT much.

Aug 2, 2009 9:45 AM ET #3 (permalink)

I'm in the minority when I say this, but I don't see whats the deal about Behemoth. Both The Apostasy and Demigod were twisted masses of repetitive over-the-top blackened-death masturbation. Some subtlety wouldnt hurt. But then again, I prefer Old Man's Child over Dummy Burger, so I guess my tastes are a bit screwed, huh? Or have I been looking in the wrong places?

Aug 2, 2009 4:52 PM ET #4 (permalink)

Y

Actually, your taste would "be screwed" if you liked Dimmu more than Old Man's Child. Old Man's Child is so much better, it goes without saying.

Behemoth's music is serious and uuterly stunning. Gwar is about the stage show. They said it themselves, the music isn't good enough to be without the costumes!

Aug 2, 2009 7:02 PM ET #5 (permalink)

GWAR, can't wait for it.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum