"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Painkiller is LAW

Posted in: Forum Home >> Classic Metal >> Painkiller is LAW

Displaying 11 posts
Displaying 11 posts
Aug 14, 2010 3:57 PM ET #1 (permalink)

So I finally got my laptop fix after the monitor went out about 5 months ago. In that span, I haven't listened to much music and what I did usually wasn't metal - a punishable crime in and of itself. Last night I put on Painkiller and listened to it for hours on end. Such a phenominal album, I love everything about it. Anywho, that is all.

Aug 14, 2010 7:09 PM ET #2 (permalink)

I agree.

Oct 10, 2010 8:21 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Painkiller is amazing. Best Priest album and best album cover imo.

Oct 10, 2010 11:48 PM ET #4 (permalink)

Totally, definitely my favorite Priest album. Leather Rebel has gotta be one of the best metal songs ever written.

Oct 11, 2010 12:34 AM ET #5 (permalink)

Amazing that the band could produce something so fresh and beloved after already being a well known band. Hell Patrol, nuff said.

Oct 11, 2010 4:21 PM ET #6 (permalink)

It is a great record, but I've gotta say, the album art is cheesy as hell. Still, I guess it's not QUITE as bad as the art on some of Halford's solo albums.

like this:
http://hardrockhideout.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/halfordmetalgod.jpg?w=497

or this:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/reviewpics/halfordmade.jpg

Oct 12, 2010 6:18 AM ET #7 (permalink)

It is cheesy, but I still love it. Plus Priest has always had that element of cheese to them.

Oct 12, 2010 9:18 AM ET #8 (permalink)

it is remarkable how dark an album Painkiller is especially after Priest kinda moved toward the mainstream in the 80's
Ram it Down somewhat forecast Painkiller move toward a faster darker sound
until you listen to the whole deal its tough to describe how impressive a progression this album was especially at the time
this album influences Power Metal as much as any Priest album and that says alot
imo this is not their best but it is right up there
Priest is LAW
Never forget that partner
good topic
forgot to mention i always liked this album art

(This post was last edited on October 12, 2010 at 9:20 AM ET.)

Oct 13, 2010 1:27 AM ET #9 (permalink)

Priest have definitely been cheesier in their day. I think the Ram It Down cover out-cheeses the Painkiller one, same with Turbo.

Oct 14, 2010 4:12 PM ET #10 (permalink)

Watched two programs on Judas Priest today. Behind The Music and Classic Albums: British Steel. Good stuff. Forgot how much I really love Priest.

Oct 19, 2010 12:35 AM ET #11 (permalink)

How can you not man

Reply to Discussion or Return to Classic Metal forum