"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Best metal album...EVER!?

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> Best metal album...EVER!?

Displaying posts 26 - 38 of 38 1 2 Last
Displaying posts 26 - 38 of 38 1 2 Last
Aug 4, 2009 6:50 PM ET #26 (permalink)

Much appriciated brother. I've been missing it sorely for quite some time now. "There was a park, where the kids used to go..."

Aug 4, 2009 7:15 PM ET #27 (permalink)

But not anymore cause their parents all know.
There's junkies and whores and bums drinking beer.
And the tragic event that happened last year.

Fuck Yeah!!! Syringes In The Sandbox.\m/\m/

Aug 22, 2009 5:36 AM ET #28 (permalink)

this is easy... the best metal album of all time is the first metal album BLACK SABBATH.

also props to BG1 for mentioning Clutch best metal/hard rock/groove/stoner/southern vibe band ever.

(This post was last edited on August 22, 2009 at 5:37 AM ET.)

Aug 22, 2009 7:26 AM ET #29 (permalink)

would say
saxon denim and leather
thin lizzy live and dangrous
slayer reign in blood
iron maiden piece of mind
venom welcome to hell
metallica ride the lightning
picture heavy metal ears
ted nugent double live gonzo

Aug 22, 2009 7:14 PM ET #30 (permalink)

The other night I listened to Crack the Skye while actually reading the lyrics for the first time and it was amazing. I think the only thing that could have made it better was a handful of mushrooms. I think concept albums have the highest risk/reward rate. They're really easy to fuck up, but when done right it's like a movie for the mind and ears, which is exactly what Crack the Skye is. Each song happens because of the song before it, not a word is wasted and the whole thing ties together masterfully. It definitely belongs on the short, short list.

Aug 25, 2009 1:17 PM ET #31 (permalink)

SLAYER - "Reign in Blood"

/thread

Aug 25, 2009 2:47 PM ET #32 (permalink)

IMO either Reign in Blood by Slayer, Master of Puppets by Metallica or Paranoid by Black Sabbath.

Aug 25, 2009 7:48 PM ET #33 (permalink)

Poison - Look What The Cat Dragged In

Now playing: Ian Dury - Clevor Trevor

Aug 27, 2009 1:59 PM ET #34 (permalink)

I'm going to have to disagree. I personally think Ratt's "Invasion of your Privacy", set the standard for heavy metal awesomeness for generations to come. It's possible that it can be topped someday, but so far, I have yet to see a band worthy of the shit-tastic-ness that is RATT on that album.

Aug 27, 2009 4:00 PM ET #35 (permalink)

Warrant= Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinking Rich

C'mon people, learn your metal.

Aug 27, 2009 4:40 PM ET #36 (permalink)

Oh my god, could you guys possibly be gayer?! The best album ever in the history of ever is Night Ranger's Midnight Madness. Sister Christian anyone? Mootoorriiiiiinn

Aug 27, 2009 11:06 PM ET #37 (permalink)

Dammit! I forgot about that one.

Aug 29, 2009 8:02 PM ET #38 (permalink)

I dunno, I'm gonna have to go with Oz man. FUCKING POISON!!!!!!!!! \mmm/

That's right, you get the double horns.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum