"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Pro Vocalist Needed - Auditioning NOW!

Posted in: Forum Home >> Musician's Chat >> Pro Vocalist Needed - Auditioning NOW!

Displaying 12 posts
Displaying 12 posts
Aug 3, 2010 5:13 PM ET #1 (permalink)

About the band:
Agents Of Chaos, an emerging band that is beginning to make a huge impact is in need of a committed, professionally-trained vocalist. Stage and Studio experience is a must! The band is finishing up shows with their current vocalist and is in the process of recording a full-length CD to be shopped and released professionally. The band is currently being looked at as a new product for touring and recording. AOC is expecting to groom the new vocalist on a local level to get them up-to-speed with the material and then begin the process of going national. For those of you who desire to know what style of music the band does, it has been said that they sound like an amalgam of Metallica meets Shinedown, meets Disturbed, meets Alice In Chains. The band has a fresh, new, and heavy sound.

Band's Expectations:
This band is all-original and all applicants must be willing and able to dedicate and commit to AOC. Side projects are fine, but are not to interfere with rehearsal time and/or shows for AOC. All responding vocalists must be willing to eMail a current photo as appearance WILL be a major consideration in the audition process. Vocalists must be fit, have a reliable voice to be able to perform consistently more than two nights in a row, and must be able to command an audience. We are looking for a face as well as a voice to front the band.

Auditioning:
The auditioning process shall be to meet prospective singers in a rehearsal-type environment or a social setting whereas prospects may be asked to present recordings of performances and/or perform with the band in rehearsal. Prospects who currently perform with a band may be reviewed in a live setting with their band discreetly. Prospects who pass this level of the auditioning process will then be sent home with one or two pre-recorded scratch tracks whereas they will be expected to write lyrics and melody and return to perform the track(s) with the band. The last step of the auditioning process will be to record the vocalist performing the track in an informal setting (on a mobile recording unit at rehearsal). All applicants will be expected to be able to write lyrics/melodies themselves, be able to perform live, and be able to record.

Acceptance:
Upon acceptance to the band, the vocalist will be expected to attend rehearsal no less than two times a week. Vocalists must be reliable and dedicated.

Legalities:
No convicts, ex-convicts, heavy drug-users or alcoholics will be considered -- partying is fine as long as it does not rule your life nor interfere with performances. All applicants must be able to obtain a legal passport and be a legal U.S. citizen. The band agrees NOT to use any performance(s), lyrics, melodies, or likenesses of any vocalists without their express permission.

LET'S HEAR FROM YOU!

eMail me through my profile.

(This post was last edited on August 3, 2010 at 5:16 PM ET.)

Aug 3, 2010 8:59 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Not asking for much haha.

Best of luck!

(This post was last edited on August 3, 2010 at 8:59 PM ET.)

Aug 4, 2010 8:52 AM ET #3 (permalink)

I am quite an amazing singer, but I live in China. So I can't help you. Also, I can't sing. I can scream though.

You should probably specify if you want somebody who screams, sings or both.

Aug 4, 2010 11:00 PM ET #4 (permalink)

I'd do it, but i live nowhere near you... you may want to mention where you are from in the topic...

Aug 5, 2010 1:29 AM ET #5 (permalink)

And you must have a vagina tattooed on your forehead. Image is everything.
Sounds like you guys don't have fun at all.

Aug 5, 2010 10:01 AM ET #6 (permalink)

I think a vagina tattooed on your forehead sounds like a lot of fun. Imagine telling that story.

Aug 5, 2010 10:22 AM ET #7 (permalink)

Brein,
Hit me up.
dave@octavesabove.com
http://www.myspace.com/davidreedwatsonmusic
http://www.reverbnation.com/davidreedwatson

Aug 5, 2010 7:09 PM ET #8 (permalink)

TIM - I think it would make a brillant story.
"So grandpa , Why do you have a saggy vagina on your face?"

Grandpa - "Oh , well you seen , I wanted to be in a band that made me look like a pussy and follow stupid rules"

Not dissing the band , but you are all asking for too much.

Aug 5, 2010 10:16 PM ET #9 (permalink)

You sound like a bunch of douches, lighten up. Just sayin'

Aug 5, 2010 10:27 PM ET #10 (permalink)

I agree Wiggles. With a criteria like that, nobody's gonna even consider auditioning.

Aug 9, 2010 10:28 PM ET #11 (permalink)

I don't think they're asking too much at all. For fuck sake, if you're a professional you'd expect the same from the rest of the band. I appriciate his honesty and ambition. Good luck to you and the rest of the guys Brien. Most singers are head cases like me so it may be a long ride, but you've started off on the right foot. As I told you in email a while back the commute would be a real bitch for me or else i'd do it.

Aug 10, 2010 4:57 AM ET #12 (permalink)

maybe get a fucking priest as a frontman
they dont drink and use good drugs
only thing you did not ask
you are not allwed to have sex with young boys
guess thats makes a priest a good choice

i would try out but i do drink and like my white widow

Reply to Discussion or Return to Musician's Chat forum