"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Metal Heads gang

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Metal Heads gang

Displaying posts 76 - 100 of 144 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Displaying posts 76 - 100 of 144 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Jul 20, 2010 9:56 PM ET #76 (permalink)

I told them to grow up because of the way they mocked me in above posts, one of them saying that "being wrong is like cancer to her." That's why.

Jul 20, 2010 10:02 PM ET #77 (permalink)

IN - Please take this as some constructive advice.
I think the only reason they said that is because , You obviously think you are right about everything you post on.
I'm honestly not here to rain on your parade. But that's probabley how they feel.

I admire your confidence , I really do.
But it might come across as being anoying if you are a "know all" type of person.

Jul 20, 2010 10:02 PM ET #78 (permalink)

That's just silly then - race is definitely definable, but you can define it as anything you want? Tell me what the difference between that and undefinable is.

If race is "definitely definable", you should easily be able to tell me the definite features that make up a race. Basically I'm prodding you to give me those "bunch of things" that make a black person different from a white, and then I'll give you a 2 border cases which could go either to show that the idea of a boundary is silly.

EDIT: I take any insult from IN as a joke because I know she's not mean, and.. well hell she says it in her profile.

(This post was last edited on July 20, 2010 at 10:04 PM ET.)

Jul 21, 2010 11:35 AM ET #79 (permalink)

When used as a biological term to describe humans, race should not be confused with subspecies because races do not delineate unique subspecies. All modern-day humans belong to the same subspecies of Homo sapiens sapiens. According to Keita, Royal, Bonney, Furbert-Harris, Dunston, and Rotimi (2004), "Modern human genetic variation does not structure into phylogenetic subspecies (geographical 'races'), nor do the taxa from the most common racial classifications of classical anthropology qualify as 'races'." Criticism of the usage of race suggests that the "racial" terms (Black, White, Asian or Caucasoid, Negroid, Mongoloid) reify the "race" notion and perpetuate the simplistic and demonstrably false notion that H. sapiens can genetically be divided into a specific set of three to eight distinct groups which can then be objectively delineated to everyone's agreement. Even so, the term race is often used to represent divergent populations that can be marked by common phenotypic and genotypic traits. The notion of race is widely used by forensic anthropologists, who analyse skeletal remains, and those involved in biomedical research and race-based medicine. However, the genetic boundaries between different races are poorly defined and therefore many scholars prefer to group shared traits along ethnic lines which correspond to a history of endogamy.

Jul 21, 2010 11:44 AM ET #80 (permalink)

I grabbed that Wikipedia. *gasp* I thought it might expand the debate some.

And for the record, I didn't say it was rational to believe in a god. I said it was rational to expect that belief to exist. It has nothing to do with the actual existence of a god. There's an important symantic difference there. Even further, I think it's rational to anticipate that belief to fade away as our intellects grow.

Jul 21, 2010 11:55 AM ET #81 (permalink)

Yeah, I agree that this thread took on a life all its own. Here's the thing folks. If you watch comedians who do ethnic jokes, they are usually funny. They are filled with sterotypes which they play on. Unfortunately stereotypes have evolved because of a bit of truth in them. Maybe not every single aspect, but surely parts of them. I feel no guilt about laughing at ethnic jokes. Especially when people tell them about themselves. Why would you feel bad about laughing at a midget calling himself short? I'm pretty sure it's blindingly apparent that midgets are short. I can laugh just as hard at a black man making fun of white folks as I can an A-rab ( got that from The Chapelle Show) making fun of Chinese or Italian people. Stereotypes exist for a reason folks, but the trick is not letting that sereotype define you.

I for one love joking about stereotypes because they often lead to some of the funniest conversations you can have. I'm from Louisiana, so there are tons of them about us, and they lead to some great jokes from both sides. I think if people quit taking things so seriously, we as a human race would get along alot better.

Religion is one of those things that I can never understand people fighting about. Even within the same God pattern, there are still differences that people clash over. Really folks? I'm an infidel because I don't believe the same way you do? You don't believe the same way I do, big fucking deal. According to our belief rules, I guess we'll meet in hell then won't we? It's just absurd. Each religion has things about it that are appealing. Judaism has only 11 months hell. Really? SWEET!!! Islam has the 700 virgins thing. Cool, but does each virgin get replaced after you have deflowered her? See what I mean? Differences, but there is one common denominator among all religions, and that is the concept of Heaven. Though they may differ in description, they all offer peace and serenity.

Like Heath Ledger said: "Why so serious"?

NP: Borknagar= Colossus

Jul 21, 2010 2:33 PM ET #82 (permalink)

ap1: Chappelle's Show was great. He made fun of everybody and I laughed so hard at every bit of it.

"...Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?"

Jul 21, 2010 4:10 PM ET #83 (permalink)

"I'm one of the baddest mutha fuckas of all time. I'm one of the best lookin', best singin' mutha fuckas there ever was. Hold my drink bitch".

"There's somethin' you should know about me Joe Rogan. I smoke rocks".

"SIR!!! I'm in no shape or form involved with any Niggerdom!"

One of the best shows ever. If you can't laugh at that show, you either have no sense of humor, or you're too wrapped up in your politically correct psycho-babble to enjoy it.

Jul 21, 2010 4:37 PM ET #84 (permalink)

diamonds. it makes my dookie twinkle baby.

Jul 21, 2010 4:56 PM ET #85 (permalink)

I knew that one was coming.

I ain't down with Africa. People are starving down there, and that shit just ain't baller.

Jul 21, 2010 5:28 PM ET #86 (permalink)

Sorry, I wasn't able to get back into this until now. IN said: "BG: Everyone's racist to an extent, but to go as far as to call someone a "negro" surpasses that acceptable extent."

In my defense, since the member referenced baggy pants I assumed that negros was refrenced as in "They wear baggy pants because their knee grows". I guess I was mistaken. ;-) Carry on.

Jul 21, 2010 5:33 PM ET #87 (permalink)

"Fuck Yo Couch"
Dave Chappelle is funny man.

AP1 - I agree with you man.
Maybe people shouldn't worry about steretypes , because they think it defines them.
What ever happened to being yourself?

NP - Thy Art Is Murder - Engineering The Antichrist

Jul 21, 2010 5:35 PM ET #88 (permalink)

"I've been kicked outta better homes than this!!!"

Jul 21, 2010 5:38 PM ET #89 (permalink)

Haha.

My favourite episode for that is definatley the Rick James one man.
Cocain's a hell of a drug haha.

UNITY! haha

Jul 21, 2010 5:41 PM ET #90 (permalink)

Me and about 4 guys in my shop are always doing CS lines. Too much fun.

''THEY SHOUDLA NEVER GAVE YOU NIGGAS MONEY!!!''

Jul 21, 2010 5:44 PM ET #91 (permalink)

hahahaha fuckin classic!

Jul 22, 2010 9:40 AM ET #92 (permalink)

u should go refresh urself in the water of lake minnetonka.

prince episode was crying-with-laughter funny lol

Jul 22, 2010 10:34 AM ET #93 (permalink)

Shoot the J.....SHOOT IT!!!

Jul 22, 2010 2:21 PM ET #94 (permalink)

From his "Killing me softly" routine: "Oh my god. Open and shut case, Johnson. I saw this once when I was a rookie. Apparently this nigger broke in and put up pictures of his family everywhere."

Jul 22, 2010 2:55 PM ET #95 (permalink)

"Let's sprinkle some crack on him and get the fuck outta here".

Jul 22, 2010 3:11 PM ET #96 (permalink)

LMFAO!!! I'm Rick James BITCH!

Jul 22, 2010 7:06 PM ET #97 (permalink)

Rick James - "Charlie Muphey"
Charlie Murphey - "What's up Rick?"

Rick - " What'd the five fingers ,say to the face?"
Charlie - "What?"
Rick - "SLAP! *Slaps him across the face*he he he he"

Haha.
Love that episode man.

Jul 23, 2010 10:33 AM ET #98 (permalink)

from yet another comedy special:

'chip' - ::walks up to cop high:: "excuse me officer. i'm a lil high. i need to get to 3rd street?"
'officer' - "whoa, hey, whoa, take it easy there. ur on 3rd street. now, run long, now, get. u heard me, move it."
dave - "...and that was it. now to u white ppl, that don't mean a thing, but to us black ppl, that's fuckin' incredible! we wouldn't talk to the police high. it's a waste of weed."

Jul 24, 2010 12:02 AM ET #99 (permalink)

http://i29.tinypic.com/21b80t0.jpg

Jul 24, 2010 9:20 PM ET #100 (permalink)

I remember this from one of his comedy specials...

"Everybody always tells Oscar the Grouch, 'Oscar, you're always so grouchy.' 'Oscar, why are you so grouchy all the time?' but just once I'd like to hear Oscar say, 'Of course I'm grouchy bitch! I LIVE IN A FUCKIN' TRASH CAN!'"

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum