"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Metal Heads gang

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Metal Heads gang

Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 144 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 144 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Jul 15, 2010 10:30 AM ET #26 (permalink)

Well, organized religion is a cult without the, you know, mass suicide (okay, maybe I'm lying just a bit), so I'm sure MU could be as such as well. :)

Jul 15, 2010 11:32 AM ET #27 (permalink)

It would never happen here the mighty MU. We are individuals who have shown we think for ourselves and will not blindly follow (well most of us anyways) what some human has created!

But if it does happen it should be called the M.U. Cult of Free Thinkers! We question many things, and reject even more. I dont think too many here would fall under the spell of some fake ass messiah!!!

Jul 15, 2010 1:49 PM ET #28 (permalink)

Cult of Free Thinkers...There's an oxymoron, for ya. lol

Ill Nino was like the 5th or 6th metal band I discovered and they quickly rose to my favorite band (of 5 or 6 haha). But I still hold them in my top twenty of all time, I think. Difficult to say, I still feel pretty lacking in my metal catalogue.

Gojira is just genius, so far. They can still screw it up, though.

Jul 15, 2010 4:03 PM ET #29 (permalink)

NP: Fake Messiah - LOG

Jul 15, 2010 5:05 PM ET #30 (permalink)

NP: Onward Into Battle - Katatonia

Jul 15, 2010 5:32 PM ET #31 (permalink)

NH - Fuck yeah man!

I'm yet to see Gojira live.
I was hoping they were ganna come out with Lamb Of God and Metallica in October but instead its Baroness.
Can't wait for that gig tho ehh.

NP - More Time To Kill - Lamb Of God.

Jul 15, 2010 6:44 PM ET #32 (permalink)

Gojira are impressive live. Their technical skills really shine. I mean, in a studio these days, you can do pretty much anything perfectly with the click of a button. To replicate the album live is a different story, obviously.

NP: Toxic Garbage Island - Gojira

(This post was last edited on July 15, 2010 at 6:45 PM ET.)

Jul 15, 2010 7:20 PM ET #33 (permalink)

I'm pumped for Gojira.

I've got my fingers crossed they make there way downunder soon.

Jul 15, 2010 7:22 PM ET #34 (permalink)

me like a gang bang
so if i take it up the butt
does this make me a badass

Jul 15, 2010 7:30 PM ET #35 (permalink)

dont know about a bad ass, but a greasy ass maybe!!!! hahahahahahaaha

Jul 19, 2010 11:17 AM ET #36 (permalink)

XD Maybe I worded this wrong, I dont mean like gang as in Bunch of stupid negros with baggy pants running around shooting people, more of an organization...A brotherhood, just to show that metal heads still exist

Jul 19, 2010 12:25 PM ET #37 (permalink)

uh oh, can you smell it? The shit's about to hit the fan. Dude, I think you may want to bow out of this and cut your losses while you still can.

Jul 19, 2010 1:14 PM ET #38 (permalink)

Durzaroth, get off this site and DO NOT come back. We don't tolerate racism.

Jul 19, 2010 10:10 PM ET #39 (permalink)

Hahaha I bet they are harder than MS-13 or the Russian Mafia.

Jul 19, 2010 11:41 PM ET #40 (permalink)

^haha "harder" nIce

Jul 20, 2010 6:15 PM ET #41 (permalink)

Fuckin wiggs... *sobs* I miss you man.

IN: Isn't everyone racist to some extent? It's kind of like human nature isn't it?

Jul 20, 2010 6:28 PM ET #42 (permalink)

Hah, I think it's a bit silly to bash religion and call it all a cult, but get all PC and offended when somebody says "stupid negros with baggy pants" in the same thread. Maybe have a little consistency people? One (admittedly dumb) comment doesn't make somebody an intolerant racist in my book, and whether we want to admit it or not, there are more minorities in violent gangs than whites in America.

*Shrugs*

(This post was last edited on July 20, 2010 at 6:33 PM ET.)

Jul 20, 2010 6:35 PM ET #43 (permalink)

BG: Everyone's racist to an extent, but to go as far as to call someone a "negro" surpasses that acceptable extent.
Natsquatch: Religion is a choice (more often than not), race isn't.

Jul 20, 2010 6:54 PM ET #44 (permalink)

IN - Everything you have typed in this thread , we all ready know.
"Religion is a choice (more often than not), race isn't." As if Nat doesn't already know that?

Jul 20, 2010 6:54 PM ET #45 (permalink)

Religion is a choice. I don't know about that. It seems rational to deduce that a being with our (meaning generally humans) level of varying thinking-ability would infer that something came before. What it was is questionable, and even debatable. It seems rational that some ideas would go down the "supernatural" path, maybe even inevitable. It's correctness doesn't decide its existence. Its existence does. So...is religion a choice? Maybe not for some.

Jul 20, 2010 7:08 PM ET #46 (permalink)

I hear what your saying DIE.
People are raised by thier parents or care givers right?

Some people from other countries are forced into religion ,when they have no idea what its about, Right?.
In primary school. They teached us school kids about Jesus Christ and all how great he is!
When I was old enough I decided to write my teacher a letter and tell him , I dont believe in this garbage you are feeding my ears.

Alot of people can't voice thier opinion like I could. And that's a damn shame.
Alot of people don't get to hear other stories if they are built around Christianity.

I ain't anti Christian , I'm anti Religion.
If it gives people some hope.
Then , yeah , OK that's great , continue what your doing.
But it just doesn't cut it for me.

Jul 20, 2010 7:20 PM ET #47 (permalink)

*Post edited for stupidity. This old post was one of those things I'd rather not leave a permanent online record of.

(This post was last edited on February 25, 2012 at 10:38 AM ET.)

Jul 20, 2010 7:26 PM ET #48 (permalink)

Mostly in response to Trendkill: Well, what I'm suggesting is a bit fatalistic. In order for you to be anti-Religion, religion must exist, otherwise there's no point in you wasting that mental energy. So, theoretically, some schmuck out there has to be religious, for you to be anti-Religious. Oddly, this concept is all over the Bible. It's also probably bs, fyi.

(This post was last edited on July 20, 2010 at 7:29 PM ET.)

Jul 20, 2010 7:47 PM ET #49 (permalink)

You've probabley heard this a hundred times before.
I honestly think there was such person as Jesus, Probabley several people by that name.
I believe people looked up to him as some sort of saint or hero because he was honest and looked after people.

The thing that really grinds my gears is the talk about the supernatural shit that went on when he died, and came back to life!
That's something that they can't replicate , even to this day.

As soon as a man named Jesus, come down from the heavens with a 6 pack of beer and some metal cranking.
I will believe.
But for now, I concider it a myth.

I don't believe in a Satan or an Evil god , or even Mythology.
I just think these people were real people with real jobs that real people looked up to. Not some science fiction story.

I don't mean to upset some people , if they beleive in this.
This is just my solid opinion. Take it or leave it for what it is. They are just words :)

Jul 20, 2010 8:07 PM ET #50 (permalink)

I'm technically agnostic. I believe in some kind of connectedness. Whether it's spiritual, molecular, or energetic, I don't know. I agree with your assessment of Christianity. I'm sure Jesus was a respected human-being, maybe a culmination of several, or just a general revisionist kind of story-telling.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum