"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Wintersun - Time

Posted in: Forum Home >> Extreme Metal >> Wintersun - Time

Displaying 8 posts
Displaying 8 posts
Jul 4, 2010 9:48 AM ET #1 (permalink)

im starting to feel a little bit impatient with the delays of the new album (whenever i get impatient i just listen to Starchild...great song) but if anyone has any information at all please post it because wintersuns home site isnt really helping
jari maenpaa is my favourite musician and i have high hopes for this album
but im sure it takes "time" to create a masterpiece and im sure it will come out in "time" <;------you will probably read something like that on every wintersun youtube video and its starting to get irritating

Jul 4, 2010 9:14 PM ET #2 (permalink)

I am also getting impatient waiting for "Time" to be released. It would be nice if Wintersun kept us fans up-to-date with news, not only regarding the album, but the band as well. The last time Wintersun's website was updated was February of last year.

According to MetalStorm.net, "Time" will be released on December 31st, this year. But I doubt that because Christmas is never a good time for any artist to release an album.

If you happen to come across a song that claims to be leaked from Wintersun, do not believe it. It is not Wintersun and the band has confirmed it. Nothing has been leaked.

It's a good thing Wintersun's self-titled album is fantastic. Death And The Healing never gets old and it's the only song that makes me hang on and wait for "Time" to be released.

Jul 4, 2010 9:21 PM ET #3 (permalink)

If you've got a MySpace, ask one of the band members personally what's happening with the album.

Jul 18, 2010 11:23 PM ET #4 (permalink)

"starting to feel a little bit impatient" -- what, just because you've been expecting it Real Soon Now for several years? :D

Even though the site never gets updated, Jari sometimes posts updates to the forums. From April 26, 2010:
http://www.wintermadness.net/messageboard/viewtopic.php?p=20773#20773

(This post was last edited on July 18, 2010 at 11:24 PM ET.)

Jul 19, 2010 12:01 AM ET #5 (permalink)

I email labels or bands occasionally to ask what's up with new albums, if you're nice they're always pretty cool. Especially smaller labels since they want fan interest.

Jul 19, 2010 12:36 AM ET #6 (permalink)

Sorry Hilzzy but I have another question about another band's new album being released. Does anyone on here listen to Altar of Plagues? I love the album "White Tomb" but I was wondering when their new one will be released. Thanks.

On another note: Wintersun kicks serious ass and I cannot wait for their new one either. Hails.

Jul 19, 2010 1:51 AM ET #7 (permalink)

Altar of Plagues are on Profound Lore which have emailed me back previously when I've asked about bands, I'd just ask them!

Jul 21, 2010 11:29 PM ET #8 (permalink)

Thanks cynic. Ive actually been on their website asking about The Angelic Process because they are on their artist list and they didn't respond back but Ill try with this Altar Of Plagues dilemma. Thanks again.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Extreme Metal forum