"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

UK Musicians wanted....

Posted in: Forum Home >> Musician's Chat >> UK Musicians wanted....

Displaying 4 posts
Displaying 4 posts
Jul 1, 2010 4:31 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Hey guys

My names Ryan Mcleod and i am a Metal solo artist from the depressingly-secluded Scottish Borders. With regards to the music it is Symphonic/Thrash/Black Metal - this all varies form song to song, but its generally a even mix. My influences include Cradle of Filth, Avenged Sevenfold, Satyricon, Metallica, Dimmu Borgir, Slipknot - basically everything.I have writting and recorded demos for performing live - but alas, living in a secluded area theres no one to play live WITH!

im looking for players from anywhere in the UK. depending on where the final live up are all from we could meet somewhere between us all for a band practise once every few weeks. Any gigs that come about, if we are paid for playing i will happily give all of you 100% of the pay - playing this music live is pay enough for me. Also besides play my own tracks i am more than willing to do some covers for the laughs! - covers which we can all decide on together.

There is a link below to my myspace page. i have tried many different ways of doing my vocals over the recording period, still not sure which is best to use live - hopefully future band members can give their opinion on which style is best? If your really interested in being in a solid live performance, i ask that you listen to all the songs all the way through. if your not 100% into, say, the first song for example - listen on! because as i said at the top of the post: i cross alot of genres

www.myspace.com/ryanmcleodmusic

if you are at all interested drop me a email at ryan_mcleod@btinternet.com and just let me know a little bit about yourself

cheers

Ryan

Jul 2, 2010 6:59 PM ET #2 (permalink)

I'm no expert, but I think people are losing interest right about the time you mentioned A7X.

Jul 3, 2010 3:54 AM ET #3 (permalink)

^^^ lol

Jul 3, 2010 5:19 AM ET #4 (permalink)

Yeah, the "symphonic/thrash/black" label isn't exactly adding up with the influences you claim. Also, I and a lot of others here don't live in the UK. I think you'd have better luck with Cuntslist or whatever online classifieds you have over there than on this site.

(This post was last edited on July 3, 2010 at 5:20 AM ET.)

Reply to Discussion or Return to Musician's Chat forum