Band Photo: Necronaut (?)
From: Stony Plain, AB, Canada
Last Known Status: Active
Latest Necronaut News
Below is our complete Necronaut news coverage, including columns and articles pertaining to the band. Some articles listed may be indirectly related, such as side projects of the band members, etc.
This year's edition of the Sweden Rock Festival is set to take place from June 8th - 11th, 2011. Necronaut has now issued the following brief announcement about appearing at the festival:
"Necronaut will perform at Sweden Rock Festival 2011. Necronaut will do a unique live performance at Sweden Rock Festival this summer. Exact time and day will be posted soon."
Additional details on the Sweden Rock Festival can be found at this location.
Sweden's Necronaut has announced a self-titled album will be released in Europe on October 18th, which will also feature a series of guest musicians. The album's track listing and guest musician roster is as follows:
1. Crimson Fields - Chris Reifert (Vocals)
2. Twilight At The Trenches - Andreas "Drette" Axelsson (Vocals)
3. In Dark Tribute - Hellbutcher (Vocals), Tyrant (Lead Guitar)
4. Soulside Serpents - Robert "Strings" Dahlqvist (Lead Guitar), Robert Pehrsson (Lead Guitar)
5. Infecting Madness - Chris Reifert (Vocals), Uffe Cederlund (Lead Guitar)
6. After The Void- Joakim Nilsson (Vocals), David Blomqvist (Lead Guitar)
7. The Lie In Which The Truth Is Buried - Fred Estby (Vocals), Nicke Andersson (Lead Guitar)
8. Returning To Kill The Light - E (Vocals), J.B. (Lead Guitar)
9. Tower Of Death - Nicke Andersson (Vocals)
10. Rise Of The Sentinel - Tomas Lindberg (Vocals), David Blomqvist (Lead Guitar)
Swedish metal act Necronaut recently uploaded a new song, titled “In Dark Tribute," to the band's MySpace page. The new track features Nifelheim members Hellbutcher on vocals and Tyrant on guitar for a solo. The self-titled debut full-length is scheduled for release via Regain Records later in fall of 2010. Additional details on the album will be announced as they are made available.
Swedish extreme metal band Necronaut has announced their signing to Regain Records. Necronaut is a side project of former Dismember drummer Fred Estby. The cover artwork for the album was done by Chat Zar, which created prosthetic effects for such movies as The Ring, Planet of the Apes and Darkman.
Vocalists used in the recording of the album are as follows:
Chris Reifert (Abscess, Autopsy)
Tompa Lindberg (Disfear, Lock up)
Nicke Andersson (Imperial State Electric)
Solo guitarists on the album are as follows:
Tyrant (Nifelheim, Dagger)
Uffe Cederlund (Disfear, ex-Entombed, Principals of Existence)
Robert Pehrsson (Death Breath, Dundertåget)
Robert “Strings” Dahlqvist (Dundertåget)
David Blomqvist (Dismember, Dagger)
Listen to “Infecting Madness,” features Chris Reifert on vocals, here.
The Whiplash Open-Air Festival is set to debut on the grounds of the Ag Society in Strathmore, AB (near Calgary), on the Labour Day long weekend (September 3-4). The grounds are the infield of a horse race track, with tents for vendors, a 12,000 ft beer garden, grand stand, camping right next to the site and much more. Confirmed acts are as follows: ACANTHA, BLACKSKY, CESSATE, DECIPHER, DIVINITY, NECROBIOSIS, NECRONAUT, OPERATION WINTER MIST, RED TIDE, SUFFERANCE, VERBAL DECEPTION, WORMBOX. For more info head to Whiplash-open-air.com.