From: Hamburg, Germany
Last Known Status: Active
Latest Ophis News
Below is our complete Ophis news coverage, including columns and articles pertaining to the band. Some articles listed may be indirectly related, such as side projects of the band members, etc.
Note: We began associating news directly with bands in late 2003. Therefore, earlier band news may not be listed on this page.
Ophis recently wrapped up a European tour with Ahab, and the band has now checked in with the following recap:
"Back home from the tour. What a fucking blast! Billion thanks to Ahab and Esoteric for the very great time we had and for the invitation to join.
"Thanks to the crew Sarah, Manuel, Basti, Wittek and Ralf for an awesome job. And mostly, thanks to all the cool and dedicated people and fans we met on the way, especially those who traveled long distances to see us! You rule!
"Some pictures are soon to follow. Doom on!!"
Ophis is also releasing a split album with Officium Triste, with more details available at this location.
Ophis, which will be heading out on tour with Ahab at the end of the month, has now announced an upcoming split release with Officium Triste.
The split, titled "Immersed," will feature two brand new songs by each band for a total run time of around 40 minutes. The album is being mastered by Greg Chandler (Esoteric) at Priory Studios and the artwork can be viewed below. More...
Ahab has announced the "Doowmwards Let Us Row" European tour, featuring Esoteric and Ophis. The dates for the run are as follows:
30.05.12 (GER) Ludwigsburg – Rockfabrik
31.05.12 (CH) Geneva – L´usine
01.06.12 (CH) Zürich – Dynamo
02.06.12 (A) Vienna – Escape Metal Corner
03.06.12 (SLO) Ljubljana – Klub Gromka
04.06.12 (CZ) Prag – tba
05.06.12 (GER) Munich – Feierwerk
06.06.12 (GER) tba
07.06.12 (GER) Jena – Rosenkeller
08.06.12 (NL) Rotterdam – Baroeg
09.06.12 (GER) Oberhausen – Kult Tempel
Ahab also recently released an update on the band's progress recording a new album, which can be found at this location.
Between October 2010 and February 2011, Metalhit.com launched a series of six free monthly music samplers showcasing various genres of extreme metal: Thrash, Death, Folk, Gothic, Doom and Black Metal.
The "Metalhit Free Download Series" was made available exclusively in the USA via Amazon.com and to eMusic subscribers worldwide. Metalhit now has the compilations posted online and available for free download worldwide.
Some select artists featured on the samplers include:
Abominable Putridity, Asphyx, Behexen, Diathra, Doom:VS, Evoken, Hirax, Inquisition, Lifelover, Manegarm, Moonspell, Nunslaughter, Obtest, Ophis, Pathology, Possessed, Sacred Reich, Sig:Ar:Tyr, Sinister, Skepticism, Skyforger, The Howling Void, Urgehal, and many more.
While downloading MetalHit.com's latest free black metal compilation on Amazon.com the other day, I also noticed another free compilation released in January 2011. Solitude Productions has released their own free compilation, which you can sample and download here.
Here's the "Solitude Productions Compilation 2010" tracklisting:
1. Who Dies in Siberian Slush "Leave Me" (6:35)
2. Revelations of Rain "Our Cathedral" (5:51)
3. Funeral "The Poison" (5:29)
4. Ea "Aullu Eina" (5:02)
5. Shattered Hope "Enlighten the Darkness" (4:58)
6. Heavy Lord "Fear the Beard" (5:52)
7. Ophis "Suffering is a Virtue" (6:24)
8. The Sullen Route "Gates" (4:53)
9. Stoned Jesus "Occult" (6:09)
10. Astral Sleep "Angel 2" (5:02)
11. Hellight "The Light that Brought Darkness" (4:42)
12. Septic Mind "Beginning" (6:03)
13. The Howling Void "Shadows Over the Cosmos" (6:25)
14. St Erik "Closer" (unreleased) (5:05)
1. Colosseum "The River" (7:07)
2. Cryptal Darkness "The Coldest Winter" (8:35)
3. Doom:VS "Empire of the Fallen" (5:41)
4. Evoken "In Graven Image" (8:04)
5. Exiled from Light "Funereal of that which lies beneath" (6:03)
6. Monumentum "Consuming Jerusalem" (4:51)
7. Ophis "Suffering is a Virtue" (9:37)
8. Remembrance "The Omen" (7:05)
9. Revelations of Rain "Hidden" (8:24)
10. Skepticism "The Arrival" (6:38)
11. The Howling Void "The Primordial Gloom" (12:20)
12. Wolfsschanze "Cause of Affliction" (6:35)
Death/ Doom newcomers Ophis (Hamburg, Germany) have launched their new website. On this site you're able to find biographies, information about releases and upcoming gigs, contact adresses for booking and order, pics, many interesting links, lyrics and other stuff.
Also, Ophis will release their new EP / MCD 'Nostrae Mortis Signaculum' on CxxtBxxcher Records in early december. The EP will contain 4 songs (24 min.) of depressive, violent Death Doom and will be limited to 500 copies. Available at the website and mailorder.