Last Known Status: Active
Latest G.E.N. News
Below is our complete G.E.N. news coverage, including columns and articles pertaining to the band. Some articles listed may be indirectly related, such as side projects of the band members, etc.
Chilean gothic/doom band G.E.N. has released a music video for the track "Shadow Of Light," which comes off debut album "No Ink For A Self Portrait." The video was directed by Carlos Toro at Abysmo Producciones in Chile.
“No Ink For A Self Portrait” was produced by Cristián Rodríguez at 15HZ Studios in Santiago, Chile. The album is planned to be released by mid year 2014. G.E.N. consists of:
Andrés Munster: Vocals
Javier Niemann: Lead Guitar
Cristóbal Emparan: Guitar
Ignacio Urqueta: Bass/Backing Vocals
Tomas Quiroz: Drums More...
NY based metal music distributor DigMetalWorld Records has announced that its fifth compilation album is called "Volume V: The Devil You Don't Know" and will be available on Monday November 11th, 2013 via the label's website here.
The new compilation album will be available for free download and it will include metal bands from Chile, Brazil, USA and more. The track listing is as follows:
1. ATOMIC HEAD (I Want You) (Chile)
2. PIROSAINT (Tonight) (US)
3. DYNAHEAD (Abiogenesis) (Brazil)
4. DESECRATED SPHERE (Departure from the Flesh) (Brazil)
4. DEMENCIA (Overload My Blood) (Chile)
5. G.E.N. (Farewell) (Chile)
6. NAIOTH (Mental Walls) (Chile)
7. FUKA (Cierra Los Ojos) (Chile)
8. SILVERJACK (El Control) (Chile)
9. MIERDASTER (Infierno) (Chile)
10. WARBREAT (Hell Fire) (Chile)
11. MALDITO (Mutilation of the soul) (Chile)
12. MERIDIAN (Meridian) (Chile)
13. MINDPATH (Neverending) (Chile)
14. THE GARDNERZ (Exiting Reality Pt.1) (Sweden)
15. SACRED OATH (Snake Eyes) (US)
Chilean doom metal band G.E.N. has announced that its debut E.P "Manifesto" will be released on May 9th via Digmetalworld Records in North America. A lyric video will be posted in the next few weeks. The track "Farewell" can be listened to below.
"Manifesto" contains five tracks of doom/gothic metal music recorded in December of 2012 at VNA PRO Studios in Santiago, Chile by Ignacio Urqueta. All lyrics were written by Andrés Munster and all the arrangements were done by Javier Niemann and Andrés Munster. The art work was designed by Ignacio Urqueta. The band is currently working on the pre-production phase of its debut full length, which will be released in the second half of 2013.