Band Photo: Slomatics (?)
Last Known Status: Active
Latest Slomatics News
Below is our complete Slomatics news coverage, including columns and articles pertaining to the band. Some articles listed may be indirectly related, such as side projects of the band members, etc.
Dewar PR is pleased to announce the release of a new free digital compilation.
This January compilation features 12 tracks from Sisters Of..., Frank's Enemy, Slomatics, Old Thunder, Allfather, and more.
Fans of pretty much every genre of heavy metal will find something to enjoy. Listen in below, courtesy of ToiletOvHell.com.
The full track listing is as follows:
1. Slomatics – Troglorite (Stoner Doom)
2. Lotek Cruiser – Black Heart (Fuzz Rock)
3. Allfather – Blood Red Sunset (Sludge/Hardcore)
4. Frank’s Enemy – I Hate Star Wars (Electro-Grindcore)
5. Into the Storm – John Jameson (Sludge)
6. Tormenter – Cosmic Collapse (Thrash)
7. Old Thunder – Oncoming Storm (Aggressively Bleak Sludge)
8. Sisters of... – The Adversary (Prog Rock)
9. Twingiant – Daisy Cutter (Hard Rock)
10. Shamash – Mater Dei (Blackened Death)
11. Korseld – Bombrad (Death/Doom)
12. Chemical Cascades – The Iron Council (Black Metal) More...
Now signed to Black Bow Records, Slomatics has a new disc of epic sludgy doom coming your way in the spring of 2016. Before that upcoming album lands, the Irish group is re-releasing earlier material to the metal masses who may have missed those smaller scale releases when they first dropped.
Before the band had recruited current drummer / vocalist Marty, Slomatics focused more on the instrumental aspects with debut full-length "Flooding the Weir" all the way back in 2005. The re-issue version of that album is slated to land this Friday, November 20 via Black Bow, but today we're hosting a stream of the release in full!
Label owner Jon Davis (also of doom band Conan) comments on the group's first full-length: "This is the album that started my obsession with Slomatics back in 2005. I listen to this album at least once a day."
Belfast doom band Slomatics has issued its third album "A Hocht" on Head Of Crom and on CD by Burning World/Roadburn Records. The band is streaming two songs from it over on Bandcamp. You can also check out those two songs, "Beyond Acid Canyon" and "Return to Kraken," from the eight song album below. Slomatics formed in Late 2004 and to date the band has released two full length albums, three split CDs, a split 12", a 7" and a cassette. They have also recorded a session for BBC Radio 1, and were featured on the cover CD for Rock Sound magazine.