Last Known Status: Active
Latest Dynfari News
Below is our complete Dynfari news coverage, including columns and articles pertaining to the band. Some articles listed may be indirectly related, such as side projects of the band members, etc.
Dynfari is streaming the band's entire new full-length album online (available below) and the band also comments:
"Today marks the release of our new album 'Vegferð tímans.' Stream it from start to finish below. We would like to use the opportunity to give thanks to everyone who helped us make this album a reality.
"It is of tremendous relief to finally get this album to you when the initial thought was to release it in late 2013. We believe the journey has been a meaningful one though, and the album benefited from the time we spent rethinking it and polishing. It could not be as it is without the following people:
- Karen Ýr for lending her beautiful voice to Vegferð II - Ad Astra
- Johan Becker (Vaskula) for his brilliant violin performance in Óreiða
- Haukur Hannes for an awesome job with the mixing & mastering of the music
- Metastazis (Alcest, Behemoth, Watain, Morbid Angel) for his breathtaking artwork, perfectly capturing the essence of our music visually
- Our label Aural Music for solidifying our tones and their cooperation in bringing it to new realms
- Bragi & Hjálmar, our now full-time guitar and bass players, for willing to play this material with us live despite not having been part of the composing or recording process. We look forward to indulging in future endeavours with them and Andri from Auðn.
"We will announce a release concert in Reykjavík soon enough and plenty more shows to follow in both Iceland and North America later this year. Until then - bon voyage." More...
"Vegferð Tímans," directly translated as "Journey of Time," is Dynfari's third full-length album and glimpses into untold history: the inevitable demise of man as matter once living and breathing, dissolving into nothingness, uniting with the infinite heavens and becoming one with the stars.
The album will drop March 16th via Code666 Records. Artwork for the Icelandic black metal band's new album was handled by Metaztasis (Watain, Behemoth) and the track listing is as follows:
3. Sandkorn (í stundaglasi tímans)
5. Fall hinna XCII og 2,57885161 - 1 sálna
6. Vegferd I - Ab Terra
7. Vegferd II - Ad Astra
8. Vegferd III - Myrkrid More...
Dynfari has signed a deal to release the band's new album “Sem Skuggin” through Code666 Productions. Code666 commented:
"Founded in 2010 in Iceland, Dynfari can be described as Atmospheric/Post-Black Metal. 'Sem Skugginn' is a highly dynamic and diverse concept album touching on the subject of humanity’s decline and human depravity in relation to the striking contrasts between how humanity is but a brief moment in history compared to the eternity that is the age of the universe.
"The diversity is personified with ambient sounds followed by blast beats, fast tempos by slow tempos, loudness by quiet and melancholy by hope…"
For more info on Dynfari, head over to the band's official Facebook profile here.